• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

D Will has knee surgery

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Guys are slacking..

Williams had knee surgery and expects to miss 2-3 weeks. Said it was same surgery as Ben.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I would be shocked if a RB could come back in 2-3 weeks from a meniscus surgery. Not with the cutting and planting that he will have to do. He may prove me wrong, but I just don't see it.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
this late in the season will he get IR'd ?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
this late in the season will he get IR'd ?

Add his age into the equation and he is on his way out. NOT imeadiately but the STEELERS would be wise to search for replacement before next year. AS for the IR, that is a COACHING / Front office move. I'd strongly look at that option and bring up younger guy and maybe seeing what we have.

Salute the nation

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Another injury.....TREND!!!!

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My question is why did they wait 3 weeks from when he was first reported to miss time due to knee swelling to have the surgery? Did they not do an MRI when he first experienced knee swelling?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My question is why did they wait 3 weeks from when he was first reported to miss time due to knee swelling to have the surgery? Did they not do an MRI when he first experienced knee swelling?

Maybe the surgery is allready done and thius is a way of having him as our secret stash for our super bowl run ???

Salute the nation

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

Trend...they always do that.

Black&GoldenShowers

Reaction score
So does mean Karlos Williams will be called up from the PS? if they do that they have to make a roster spot for him right? who do you get rid of?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Shabazz. c-ya

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Bleacher Report is viewing Grimble and stashing him on the PS. I don't see this cut happening. He's going to be a good TE. If they make a move, maybe D. Johnson or Shabizz Would be my guess.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Bleacher Report is viewing Grimble and stashing him on the PS. I don't see this cut happening. He's going to be a good TE. If they make a move, maybe D. Johnson or Shabizz Would be my guess.

Johnson is a effective blocker, not sure you want to make that move.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
If we're calling up anyone, the first person to go has to be Wallace. That guy needs to be IRed for sitting for half the season on the roster.

2 weeks hits the Indi game exactly, so I don't expect Williams to be ready for that game. I do expect him to be ready for the week after though.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score

Generally you have to wait for the swelling to go down before surgery.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
That's a great question, with him having this issue now for a few weeks it would seem our medical staff is not operating like a well oiled machine. I was wondering the same thing. Should've shelved him at his age, let the swelling go down and take necessary measures ASAP rather than a see if he can rub some dirt on it and shake it off approach.

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
My theory is that Tomlin plays fantasy football and makes roster moves based on what best suits his weekly FF matchups.