• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Cowher had a saying...

TazManianDevil

Forefather
Reaction score
You're never as good as you think you are....and you're never as bad as you think you are.

I think the Steelers just need to throw away that game tape into the trash...and get to work, and move on.

Getting Bell back helps. Onto the Cheifs...

Stewey

Reaction score
You're never as good as you think you are....and you're never as bad as you think you are.

I think the Steelers just need to throw away that game tape into the trash...and get to work, and move on.

One exception...if you're the Browns

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Yes, but Tomlin has a saying, you put it on tape, every team now knows we have no legit pass rushers, this rush 3 **** isn't going to work anymore. It's time to let Harrison start and play as much as he can and blitz the **** out of everyone, it's the only way this D has a shot. Learning to tackle wouldn't hurt either

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score
wrapping up instead of bumping into someone would aid in the tackling process...

TazManianDevil

Forefather
Reaction score
This is what I meant by saying get to work. We need Dupree back badly.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
wrapping up instead of bumping into someone would aid in the tackling process...

yep.....was at my son's 8th grade game Tuesday and they have a small kid that plays CB, the other team actually completed a pass to the receiver on his side and he drove his shoulder into the kids hip wrapped his arms around the much bigger kids legs and took him down for just a short gain....

much like in hook up sex....wrap it up.....

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score
yep.....was at my son's 8th grade game Tuesday and they have a small kid that plays CB, the other team actually completed a pass to the receiver on his side and he drove his shoulder into the kids hip wrapped his arms around the much bigger kids legs and took him down for just a short gain....

much like in hook up sex....wrap it up.....

but that won't make him famous and put him on espn....

That's why certain teams * are consistently good, and others aren't....sad but true...

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, but Tomlin has a saying, you put it on tape, every team now knows we have no legit pass rushers, this rush 3 **** isn't going to work anymore. It's time to let Harrison start and play as much as he can and blitz the **** out of everyone, it's the only way this D has a shot. Learning to tackle wouldn't hurt either

I think everyone already knew this.

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score
we don't need pass rushers...just play the cover 2.

That's all we need...

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score
with Cincy, we played every coverage known to man...just to keep them off on their timing...

Stewey

Reaction score
Had a bad feeling we'd lose. We always lose in Philly.

The Steelers have not won a game in Philly throughout the entire Super Bowl era...the last time we won in Philly was 1965.
Back when the Brown **** stains were the reigning NFL champs.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
The Steelers blitzed. It was picked up.

FordFairLane

Reaction score

Don't ever remember Cowher saying that but remember JoPa saying you are never as good as they say after a win and never as bad as they say after a loss.

tjack

Forefather
Reaction score

I thought you were going to drop one of Cowher's other favorite quotes when the Team has to fix what they messed up... "This puts things into perspective". But yours is spot on, its a reality check.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

awboatguy

Reaction score
We need to do something with these inept linebackers who can't apply pressure. Stunts, bring up a safety, corner blitzes, or something to get these QBs out of their comfort zones.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Cowher typically didn't have defenses that didn't tackle and played like this.

P

POP

But apparently, that takes a rocket science to figure out. You'd think after it happened one time, you ride the crap out of those doing that **** and it would be fixed. But nope, not this team. For some reason, they can't grasp (no pun intended) the simple concept of wrapping up when you tackles so the ball carrier doesn't bounce off you and run away. And don't give me this **** about them not having enough full contact practice time. I see other teams making solid tackles all game without this "bump into the runner but don't wrap up" bull ****.

P

POP

Cowher typically didn't have defenses that didn't tackle and played like this.

I simply don't recall seeing this BS with Cowher teams. I'm not saying no one ever missed tackles, but not like this. They look like clowns out there.