• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid Vaccine

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Any one here getting the vaccine? My facility is going to offer it the 2nd week in Jan. I believe we are getting the Moderna version. Our medical director said 30-50% of people are getting symptoms from the vaccine. I will probably get it ever though i already had covid. I figure what's the worst it can do

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Our medical director said 30-50% of people are getting symptoms from the vaccine

What kind of symptoms? Covid Symptoms? I'll still most likely take it since I have most of the common symptoms of Covid for 5 months out of every year regularly anyway.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
No. Not gonna do it.

ybFghGD.gif

43Hitman

Contributor
Reaction score
Nope. I don't even get the flu shot, I damn sure not gonna get a shot of some random **** I know nothing about, and hasn't been tested for years like most vaccines. Nope. No thank-you I'll wait and see what it does to the people scared for the lives first.

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score
No, thank you. The last time I got a flu shot was circa 2002 and within two days I was sick as a dog, with the flu. I know, I know, the shot didn't give me the flu but I've only had the flu once since 2002.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Any one here getting the vaccine? My facility is going to offer it the 2nd week in Jan. I believe we are getting the Moderna version. Our medical director said 30-50% of people are getting symptoms from the vaccine. I will probably get it ever though i already had covid. I figure what's the worst it can do
Are you not aware of vaccine damage? Do not worry, big pharma, with no product liability, has the backing of the government!

What could possibly go wrong?

Maybe they will give you a pretty ID card too!

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
What kind of symptoms? Covid Symptoms? I'll still most likely take it since I have most of the common symptoms of Covid for 5 months out of every year regularly anyway.

From what I have read, it's things like severe headache, muscle cramps, fever and fatigue. Also from what I have read, those symptoms go away after about 24 hours.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
As for me, I'll probably get it. My wife is immune compromised, so I have to do the things necessary to help keep her healthy. It's not something I want to do.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
I think I'll get it just because 5 or 6 months ago the snowflakes wanted no part of it.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
From what I have read, it's things like severe headache, muscle cramps, fever and fatigue. Also from what I have read, those symptoms go away after about 24 hours.

You can also add injection site pain and swelling, just like any other preventative inoculation given. Everything in life has a side effect, but if it hastens the end to this madness, the vaccine is welcome news, but it should be a personal choice.

Last edited:

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
I will wait and see what the issues are with the people at the front of the line before I get the vaccine myself. I am not an anti-vaxxer but I have a hard time justifying getting this thing so early in the process.

From what I have seen, I will get the Moderna version as it is not as temperature sensitive as the one Pfizer has.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
FROM A PHARMACISTS THREAD on TWITTER:
COVID-19 ��
There’s something very strange going on with this COVID thing. I’ve been a pharmacist for 43 years, 30 years as an owner. It’s December 12, 2020, well into the “flu season.” I have not dispensed any Tamiflu this season whatsoever. Tamiflu generic is the most prescribed medication for the flu, once you’re diagnosed. Extremely effective.
I asked my friend Mike, who works as a salesman for a major national wholesaler, how much Tamiflu and generic has he sold to Pharmacies this season. He hasn’t sold any. He has 75 accounts of independent pharmacies across the United States.
By now, it’s well known that Covid tests give false positives. How many of these false positives are actually “the flu”? How many are just “the common cold”? Why does the CDC report daily case numbers & deaths for Covid and not for the flu?
CDC says Covid is more deadly than the flu. Well, if you’re potentially taking a large number of flu cases and bundling them into the Covid numbers, then yes, the perception is that it is more deadly.
I believe we are being played. YES, COVID is REAL, it CAN BE DEADLY. We now have drug regimens to treat Covid effectively, one being Dr. Zev Zelenko’s regimen, among others. I believe the Covid numbers are being skewed upward, on purpose to continue instilling fear and panic into people, for governments to continue with lockdowns, for more small businesses to be put out, for more people to commit suicide, or others; for more and more social upheaval. Why? Total population control through fear.
If we are so obedient to wear masks, stand here, don’t stand there, obedient to get a new vaccine, obedient to carry proof you’ve gotten the vaccine: otherwise you won’t be able to fly; then it will be buses, trains, taxis, Ubers, Target, Wal-Mart, grocery stores..everything. Just like that.
You’re slowly giving up your freedoms to a virus that has a 99.4% survival rate, according to the CDC. And the vaccine? Like I’ve told my customers all these years; don’t be the first on your block to try anything new. They really don’t know what they’ll find out in 6 months, a year, 5 years & longer, that can be attributed to the vaccine. It’s way past time for people to take their heads out of their a** and start thinking for themselves. Done.
Harvey Staub

Supersteeler

Reaction score

Same possible side effects as the flu shot in other words.

deljzc

Reaction score
When it's available, I will get it.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
Getting it.

While every medication (even Tylenol) has adverse effects in a few people, vaccines are some of the safest medical interventions in existence. Most people won't die from covid, that's true. But we can't protect the ones who will without large numbers of people being vaccinated. I do also know several people now who have had it and had some lingering effects from it for weeks. Fatigue and shortness of breath mostly. I'll avoid that if I can.

Talked to my friend whose husband is working on the rollout of the Pfizer vaccine. The side effects are minimal. Most common one-soreness at the injection site. Aches and fever of short duration second most common. Not unlike other vaccines. It's your immune system mounting a response. It's normal.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
I imagine many of us won't have much choice in the matter anyway, I work with elderly folks for example, when it's available to me I'm sure I'll be required to get it.

You likely won't be able to travel on public transportation or out of the country without it unless you have some sort of medical exemption.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
all you ******* saying you'll get it - head on a swivel. "Vice President elect" Kuntala Harris said she will be "first in line". Wear some shoulder pads and bring a soft springy gym mat to fall onto in case she knocks you down rushing to the front.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
all you ******* saying you'll get it - head on a swivel. "Vice President elect" Kuntala Harris said she will be "first in line". Wear some shoulder pads and bring a soft springy gym mat to fall onto in case she knocks you down rushing to the front.

How about all of you ******* who won't get it also agree to relinquish all rights to a hospital or ICU bed so the rest of us can go about living our lives.

I don't give a rat's *** about Kamala Harris who had zero to do with developing these vaccines or conducting the clinical trials.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My AARP magazine recommended it for their members...lol

Plus I don't want to get it and lose out on seeing my grandchildren because i'm contagious...

I just hope Nurse Rachett doesn't do the honors...

I would do it tomorrow if I could..

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
How about all of you ******* who won't get it also agree to relinquish all rights to a hospital or ICU bed so the rest of us can go about living our lives.

I don't give a rat's *** about Kamala Harris who had zero to do with developing these vaccines or conducting the clinical trials.

Done!

I'll let all of you guinea pig yourselves. Rock on.

I've managed to go my entire life without a flu shot, no reason to start now. I'll give it 6 months, then I may do it if it's still hanging around and the data builds on side effects.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

If you are getting the vaccine, why are you worried about hospital beds or ICU beds since all of the people getting vaccinated won't need them anyway?

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Nope. My body already did it’s job. Now, after all the sheep get it and the I can see real-time side affects but more importantly long term then yes. I am not an anti vaxer