• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Conference Championship Games

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
I’m not going to watch a single second of pre game coverage from now until the game. The level of Brady and Mahomes knob-slobbering will be too much for me to handle. Maybe if Marsha wins, he will retire. But then we will have to listen to the Mahomes nut hugging too. It’s awful.

That being said- that PI call at the end of the GB game...WOW. The refs had been letting the teams play ALL game. They wait until THEN to call a PI (yes, it was correct, but if you call that, then you call it all game). People wonder why we fans hate Brady and the refs so much. It’s **** like that.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I’m not going to watch a single second of pre game coverage from now until the game. The level of Brady and Mahomes knob-slobbering will be too much for me to handle. Maybe if Marsha wins, he will retire. But then we will have to listen to the Mahomes nut hugging too. It’s awful.

That being said- that PI call at the end of the GB game...WOW. The refs had been letting the teams play ALL game. They wait until THEN to call a PI (yes, it was correct, but if you call that, then you call it all game). People wonder why we fans hate Brady and the refs so much. It’s **** like that.

Happens every game, NE home AFCCG game vs Jax, Jax winning under 7 minutes to go in the game, NE is backed up in their own end, Brady throws a moon shot downfield, the ball goes out of bounds, Jax DB had perfect coverage, nope PI, end up being a nearly 40 yard penalty.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

AGREE Yinzerlyn but Marsha has an entire career built off that exact coddling we so despise. ADD in the bilcheat factor and you have public enemy #1. Tuck rule / Jesse James foorball move / years of deflated footballs equate to no fumbles / years leading up to spygate all these things and many more contributed to the GOAT status.

I will only tune in enough to see if marsha is losing.

ON another note, what about Bruce Ariens.................... doing what our coach couldn't

Salute the naTION

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
AGREE Yinzerlyn but Marsha has an entire career built off that exact coddling we so despise. ADD in the bilcheat factor and you have public enemy #1. Tuck rule / Jesse James foorball move / years of deflated footballs equate to no fumbles / years leading up to spygate all these things and many more contributed to the GOAT status.

I will only tune in enough to see if marsha is losing.

ON another note, what about Bruce Ariens.................... doing what our coach couldn't

Salute the naTION

Don't forget 2 years ago, AFCCG in KC, Chiefs up 28-24, Brady throws a game ending INT, but the refs flagged Ford for lining up in the neutral zone.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
I listened to the battle of the bays on the radio as I worked on my truck yesterday. It's on Westwood one. Kevin Harlan is an excellent play by play guy. I mean wow. After listening to that,. I know hilgrove needs put to pasture. Harlan can verbally paint a picture in such detail and enthusiasm,. And do it continuously, in real time. I'm impressed.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't forget 2 years ago, AFCCG in KC, Chiefs up 28-24, Brady throws a game ending INT, but the refs flagged Ford for lining up in the neutral zone.

I remember that. Every damn game comes down to a call like that. Every. Game.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I listened to the battle of the bays on the radio as I worked on my truck yesterday. It's on Westwood one. Kevin Harlan is an excellent play by play guy. I mean wow. After listening to that,. I know hilgrove needs put to pasture. Harlan can verbally paint a picture in such detail and enthusiasm,. And do it continuously, in real time. I'm impressed.

Harlan is absolutely terrific. I know he’s not with ESPN, but would’ve loved to get him in the booth for MNF. Paired with Manning or Rivers, it’s give MNF some much needed flare in a good way.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

The NFLost should just call the super bowl Wrestlemania.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Brady threw some ****** *** passes in that game yesterday, 3 INT's and still freaking won. All you hear today is how amazing he is.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score

This was the worst. Watch that line including Watt. Everyone is right on it. What did his knuckle hair go over. KC could be going for a threepeat in two weeks.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
This was the worst. Watch that line including Watt. Everyone is right on it. What did his knuckle hair go over. KC could be going for a threepeat in two weeks.

Yep, it's one of those calls you make on every play, just depends on when you want to call it.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Yep, it's one of those calls you make on every play, just depends on when you want to call it.

You mean like the massive hold on third down as the end came around the Tackle when they called PI against the Packers. and on the PI the DB grabbed his under shirt no question, but in the context of what they called that wasn't even that bad.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
You mean like the massive hold on third down as the end came around the Tackle when they called PI against the Packers. and on the PI the DB grabbed his under shirt no question, but in the context of what they called that wasn't even that bad.

Yep, the TJ Watt hold.

RollRed

Reaction score
Brady threw some ****** *** passes in that game yesterday, 3 INT's and still freaking won. All you hear today is how amazing he is.

I was thinking about this all day....Ben throws 4 TD’s and 4 picks and everyone talks about how awful he was in that game. Brady throws 3 and 3 and all the talk about him is completely the opposite. The difference was that Tampa’s D was able to keep the Packers from capitalizing on them... I think they scored 6 points off of Brady’s miscues. The Steelers on the other hand let Cleveland score a helluva lot more than that. I’m not defending the mistakes Ben made, I just think it’s funny how the narrative gets created. The truth is that Brady got bailed out by his defense and Ben didn’t..... but it will never be viewed that way because the narrative that Brady is always great and is always the reason his team wins cannot be gotten away from.