• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Games

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Miss State taking it to #4 A&M 28-7 at the half.

Miss States unis suck. Enough with the all black, stick with your traditional school colors!

Edit: A&M gets a punt return for TD with :19 left in half, missed block in back. 28-14.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Michigan State losing to Illinois. If they lose, they fall to 2-7 and not bowl eligible. Shocking they could fall so far. MSU benefitted from a stretch of years where Mich, Penn State, Wisc and Nebraska had been down.

Illinois is on the rise with Lovie Smith as HC and Hardy Nickerson as DC. They have Hardy Jr at LB and Jeff George Jr at QB.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Navy beats Notre Dame dropping ND to 3-6 and needing to win out to be bowl eligible. ND has Army, Va Tech, and USC remaining. They should beat Army but they use the same offense as Navy and ND couldn't stop it, so who knows? Va Tech and USC could bothe be losses anyway.

ND losing is good new for Pitt and Penn State as ND has some committments from some top PA kids who may be back in play.

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ohio State's uniforms are butt ugly tonight.
No score in LSU vs Alabama

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Nebraska QB taken off the field on a backboard.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
PSU raped Iowa. They are gonna crack the top 10 in the next poll. I still think 12-15 is about right for them, but man the improvement has been significant.

str8liner

Reaction score
PSU raped Iowa. They are gonna crack the top 10 in the next poll. I still think 12-15 is about right for them, but man the improvement has been significant.

They really need to cut back on the penalties but as young as they are, the future sure looks bright.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Took a lot of dumb penalties early. But they have been great on D since they go healthy. While I think McSorley is a gimmick guy that misses too many open throws, it is working so far. I think they will have a different QB to start next year.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
It's unbelievable how much PSU has improved. They have so much young talent and they are starting to perform. Too bad they played Michigan so early. Michigan would likely still win but I'd like to see how they stack up now because PSU is nowhere near the same team as when then played.

Michigan is going to lose a ton of guys to graduation and guys leaving early. PSU will be contenders next year.

str8liner

Reaction score
It's unbelievable how much PSU has improved. They have so much young talent and they are starting to perform. Too bad they played Michigan so early. Michigan would likely still win but I'd like to see how they stack up now because PSU is nowhere near the same team as when then played.

Michigan is going to lose a ton of guys to graduation and guys leaving early. PSU will be contenders next year.

Although it would be closer UM would still beat PSU handily IMO. I think UM wins the NC this year. As much as I dont want to see it happen with hairball I think its inevitable.

I will still take any team over Bama. So tired of the SEC this and Nick Saban that....

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Although it would be closer UM would still beat PSU handily IMO. I think UM wins the NC this year. As much as I dont want to see it happen with hairball I think its inevitable.

I will still take any team over Bama. So tired of the SEC this and Nick Saban that....

I agree, but I do no think Michigan can beat them. That Alabama team may be the best that college football has ever produced. A murderers row of 5 star athletes and recruits. While I am enjoying a resurgence in the Big 10, we just aren't there yet. Soon.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Nebraska QB taken off the field on a backboard.

I was at the game. So scary, but it was awesome when he ran out of the locker room in street clothes during the 3rd Quarter. They showed him running out on the Jumbrotron. The Buckeye crowd erupted and everyone was chanting the kid's name. Cool moment.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
Kentucky was this close to being in 1st place in the SEC East. The east must suck.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
I agree, but I do no think Michigan can beat them. That Alabama team may be the best that college football has ever produced. A murderers row of 5 star athletes and recruits. While I am enjoying a resurgence in the Big 10, we just aren't there yet. Soon.

Alabama hasn't really been tested this year. The SEC is down. They had trouble with LSU and LSU's offense is terrible. Alabama has a crazy number of defensive TDs this year that has broken open games. Bama's QB is not a great passer.

Bama's defense hasn't really been challenged by a good offense. Ole Miss is pretty good on offense and they scored 43 on Bama.

Michigan hasn't been challenged much either. Penn State's offense is good now but they were still struggling with the new system when they played Michigan in Week 4.

It would be close between Bama and Michigan but i like Michigan's QB better so i think they'd win.