• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 12

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Only 2 weeks left before the champhionship games. Georgia is basically a lock for the playoff with just 2 cupcakes left and then the SEC Champ. If they lose the SEC Champ they will still get in the playoff.

Oregon is still in the mix but likely has to win out to make sure they get a spot. ESPN, i mean the committee, must be praying that Cincy loses. They are itching to freeze them out for a second SEC team.

The biggest story this week may be the Heisman. Michigan State RB Kenneth walker could win the Heisman this weekend vs Ohio State. The Heisman has pretty much become a joke. It used to be a prestigious award given to the best player ion college. Now it basically just goes to the best player on the presumpyive national champ. The fact that Bama and Ohio State's QBs are both considered front runners shows what a joke this award has become.

here's hoping walker has a big game so that we can see the Heisman go to a guy who earned it and not just a guy on a good team.

On to the rat killin

Rutgers at Penn State 12:00 BTN PSU -18.5 O/U 46
Word is that a non-covid flu is ripping through PSU campus and several players may not be available including 3 on the OL and safety Jaquon Brisker and possibly others. That throws some uncertainty into this game. Even if they are OK to play, they could be drained pretty quickly. May have to bet the under.

Penn State should still have enough to win this but it may not be pretty.

It's interesting to note the OT Rasheed Walker had a pretty solid game vs Michigan Aidan Hutchinson. Hutchinson made a few plays but wasn't a game wrecker. Walker has NFL size and athleticism and at times he shows it as he did in many reps vs Hutchinson but it's the reps where he seems half asleep that's frustrating.

7 Michigan State at 4 Ohio State 12:00 ABC OSU -19 O/U 69.5
by far the biggest game of the day with major playoff and Heisman implications. Mich State's pass defense is not great. I think OSU will win big. I do home Kenneth Walker has a big game because as i stated above, it would be refreshing to see it go to a guy not on one of the chosen teams.

The other big story here could be MSU coach Mel Tucker. He will be a hot prospect for coaching vacancies. Could he take the Saban route Mich State to LSU? He's a good coach, but you have to realize that the turnaround at MSU was because they brought in like 30 guys from the transfer portal. Can't do that every year.

21 Arkansas at 2 Alabama 3:30 CBS Bama -20.5 O/U 58
on paper Bama has 2 tough games left vs Arkansas and Auburn, but Auburn QB Bo Nix is out with a broken ankle and Arkansas probably doesn't have the offense to keep pace with Bama. Also, Bama clinches a spot in the SEC Champ game with this win. Bama needs to win both games if they want to set up the scenario to still get in the playoff if they get a 2nd loss to Georgia. But ESPN, i mean the committee, would never put in a 2 loss Bama over undefeated Cincy or a 1 loss conference champ. That's crazy talk.

6 Michigan at Maryland 3:30 BTN Michigan -15 O/U 57.5
If Mich wants a spot in the Big Champ game, they need a Michigan State loss and that would set up Mich vs OSU with the winner going to the Champ game. Mich will likely know the result of the MS vs OSU game. It would be the most Michigan thing to somehow lose this game. I don't think they will though. Maryland's run defense isn't very good so Michigan should be able to just run and do nothing else.

Nebraska at 15 Wisconsin 3:30 ABC Wisc -10 O/U 43
Wisc had a horrible start but they turned their season around and with a win vs Nebraska they could secure a spot in the Big 10 Champ game.

Virgina at 18 Pitt 3:30 ESPN2 Pitt -14.5 O/U 66
Pitt can win the ACC Coastal division with a win

3 Oregon at 23 Utah 7:30 ABC Utah -3 O/U 58.5

should be the last hurdle to Oregon making the playoffs.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Dawgs play a damn fcs school basically. Not beating my chest on playing a cupcake. Game should be over by the 1st quarter

I'll try and keepan eye on this scoring mecca. I' proccessing apples into applesauce and cider today so will ONLY have music / radio to rely on for reports.

Will you get to actually watch the game ? If so, pop us a score here once in awhile. Thanks in advance

Salute the nation

Reactions: MTC

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
One game at a time. Bama MUST beat Arkansas today and beat them handily. Too many doubters and haters still underestimating us...

1/2 the "haters & doubters (your words)" actually are just giving you, the person some chyt / shyite / **** just for the reaction because they like yaz !!!! BAMA has more fans here where I am (middle of bum-**** no where) than any other team, the Sundevils would be second-ish.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
PS.

tapeANaspirin2it.......... I can see you have a passion in the college game and I appreciate these write ups......Thank You

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If Tomlin follows this board, he could use this line. ;)

Shows you the impact of STEELERS lore, here I am tomlinisming my way through life....................... Thanks ZonaBurgh for the laugh !!!

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll try and keepan eye on this scoring mecca. I' proccessing apples into applesauce and cider today so will ONLY have music / radio to rely on for reports.

Will you get to actually watch the game ? If so, pop us a score here once in awhile. Thanks in advance

Salute the nation
Yeah I can watch/have access. Will I today? Idk yet.
May scoreboard watch.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Beat your chest over every win! See you in Atlanta!!!
I do not celebrate victories over cupcakes. They are considered a recovery day at this point of the season. Should see some JTD today to get some game reps. Need both QB’s for the post season gauntlet

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
There are some good games today. I hope Michigan isn't overlooking Maryland because it seems like a lot of talking heads don't even know they have a game this week.

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
damn Ohio st marched right down the field for 7. come on MSU kick their ***

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
OSU marched right down the field on Sparty.

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
well I gues it's time to find another game. **** OSU. cocksuckers

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm digging the Spartan's helmets. They are showing a bit of life on this drive.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
hmmm how could he forget this one?

#24 Houston vs Memphis

UH has already clinched a spot in the AAC Championship game and knocks off Memphis (38-13) to finish undefeated in Conference play. They will most likely play undefeated Cincinnati in the championship (as long as they win one of their final two games) Sitting at 10-1 with their only loss to date being in their opener against Texas Tech where after jumping up 21-0 in the first quarter, the UH QB decided to hand out Ints instead of TDs and through 4 picks the final 3 quarters. I don't think he had thrown another pick until last night when he did throw 2 more, one a ball that bounced off his receiver and a 2nd one in the end zone on a terrible decision. UH's Marcus Jones had 2 picks of his own last night and knocked down 3 other passes to deny receptions. They play this kid outside, in the slot and he even dropped back to a safety spot last night. I'm guessing they do this to make it tough for the QB to know exactly where he is on the field so they can not avoid his side of the field. For the season he has 2 KR TDs 2 PR TDs, an offensive TD and 4+ Ints (Marcus has 5 after last night).

Go to about the 50 second mark and watch his 1st pick. Poorly thrown ball, but he adjusts better than the receiver and snatches a throw a bit behind him.

Last edited:

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
If he hasn't already, Mel is ready to sign that 95 million offer right now MSU.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
WTF Michigan State? It's early and I guess anything could happen, but this has been a worst case scenario for them.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
If he hasn't already, Mel is ready to sign that 95 million offer right now MSU.
That contract was insane it was even being talked about, but I sure hope he signed it because he did absolutely nothing to earn it.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't recall ever watching a game this lopsided, especially between two "Top 10" teams.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
MSU with a sack. It's on, *******.