• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coates, on the cusp of being our next great deep threat?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
From what I read, Coates is killing it in camp. He's just much faster and stronger than our DB's. I saw a photo of Coates beating Grant. Grant was behind him and looked like a small boy giving chase.

I'll wait to see it in the pre-season games and the real games, but there is a good chance Coates can be our next quality deep threat. After losing Bryant, such a player is needed

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Maybe you're giving our CB's too much credit...I've had constant issues with the Steelers CB's going back to the Scott/Washington days.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe you're giving our CB's too much credit...I've had constant issues with the Steelers CB's going back to the Scott/Washington days.

Coach give our DB's too much credit? That is hilarious. In fact as bad as he thinks our DB's are it is a wonder he can make a judgment on our WR's at all. We all know that Davis is bust already.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Coach give our DB's too much credit? That is hilarious. In fact as bad as he thinks our DB's are it is a wonder he can make a judgment on our WR's at all. We all know that Davis is bust already.

Our WR's as a unit are great, are DB's as a unit is below average. Do you disagree?

Coates can be a match up x-factor for us.

His ability to blow by people was not an issue, learning the routes, perfecting timing and catching the football was.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Classic^^^^^^

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Funny how they do that.

Yeah, now the ones who mock are going to be rooting against Coates to do well. Why, because I think another player won't.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
A year in the system made a big difference for Coates. He looks much more comfortable with his routes and his hands have not been a major issue. It is easy to peg him as a deep threat with Wallace and Bryant in mind, but he should make for a more complete receiver.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I think it was Wexall reported that Coates came to camp 15lbs lighter than last season.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Coach just having some with you. I agree about Coates just pointing out the Irony of your statement.

Based on your geographic location I hope you keep giving those Cincy fans the business!

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
coach.. I couldn't resist.. it just happened.

BUT,,, yes,, BUT

you post some stuff that is either Captain obvious material, Or so speculative that it doesn't matter.

I could make a post : " Doran grant , on the cusp of being our next great Cornerback?:" Thiis one is not the captain obvious one , this is the omgwtf speculation with no evidence type.

The thread we are posting in is BOTH.

P

POP

"Coach, on the cusp of being our next great deep throat?"

I don't understand the motivation of this kind of post.

Again, Coach isn't posting anything but on-topic subject, perfectly appropriate and worth mentioning.

And then, petty personal attacks.

Why?

All because you don't like some of his opinions?

I just don't get why this is appropriate. Why not just talk football?

P

POP

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pr...80216&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nflnl2016

Even without Bryant, our WR unit is still stacked. It is pretty amazing.

This writer said that we have half a dozen WRs, who, any one of them, would be the star at the Browns camp. We have 6 WRs better than their best WR. That is saying it pretty powerfully.

I think Coates is going to be a beast. Now add him to AB (best in the world), Wheaton (capable of staring in any game), hopefully Green, eventually.....plus Bell catching out of the backfield. We gonna drive Ds nutz.

gotem.PNG

antdrewjosh

Reaction score

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Bermuda: Is this another "Coach thread?"
Self: Yes.
Bermuda: Should I open it?
Self: I don't know - do you have a gun?
Bermuda: Why do I need a gun?
Self: Because you might as well play Russian roulette...
Bermuda: I think you're right...

Blitzburgh

Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pr...80216&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nflnl2016

Even without Bryant, our WR unit is still stacked. It is pretty amazing.

This writer said that we have half a dozen WRs, who, any one of them, would be the star at the Browns camp. We have 6 WRs better than their best WR. That is saying it pretty powerfully.

I think Coates is going to be a beast. Now add him to AB (best in the world), Wheaton (capable of staring in any game), hopefully Green, eventually.....plus Bell catching out of the backfield. We gonna drive Ds nutz.

gotem.PNG

We have one receiver better than their best receiver. Josh Gordon is only suspended 4 games which makes no sense.