• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

China Doll Romo hurt

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Broke a bone in his back. 6-10 week recovery yet Garrett isn't ruling him out for week 1.

diver

Reaction score
Don't gloat. Karma could get us.

According to POP, they'll be better with the next HOFer, Dak Prescott.

Spike

Reaction score
Are his bones made of chalk?

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Let's be real. It's time for Romo to hang up the cleats and go into broadcasting or something. His body is trying to tell him something.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Romo's done no? Overrated.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
Turn out the lights the party's over

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
He's a very talented, though not very clutch, QB.

With all the back issues he has had, the guy just needs to hang them up, unless he wants to risk having the posture of Quasimodo by the time he's 40.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I hate Dallas but still feel bad for the guy. Almost seems like he has something wrong with his bone structure. Back injuries are nothing to mess with. If he wants a normal life better hang it up now.

C

Clete

Will be fun watching Prescott develop behind the best OLine in the NFL and two great running backs. Me thinks Romo may be Wally Pipped.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Never ever mock another teams injury situation. Fan rule number one. Tony plays bigger and stronger than he is. You can't make fun of a guy for that. He got bent in two on that play. We have a certain stud running back who bent awkwardly when he fumbled last night. I can tell you I was holding my breath on that one. I think he was afraid when it happened too.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I tease my Cowboys fan friends about Romo, but statistically, he's pretty comparable to Ben.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
If Jerry Jones would have kept out of the Tuna's way Dallas would have had a championship or two with Romo. Parcels picked him over all the crazy players JJ wanted/brought in. JJ has done more to handicap Romo or the Cowboys than anything else, even Philly.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
Romo needs to hang it up now before it gets embarrassing. I don't hate him-I hate the team he plays for- but I enjoy making fun of him. He's an easy target to make fun of. But he does really need to consider retiring. He has a family now...and back injuries are nothing to mess with. One more bad hit and he could be paralyzed,

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Never ever mock another teams injury situation. Fan rule number one. Tony plays bigger and stronger than he is. You can't make fun of a guy for that. He got bent in two on that play. We have a certain stud running back who bent awkwardly when he fumbled last night. I can tell you I was holding my breath on that one. I think he was afraid when it happened too.

most fans don't mock injuries, I know none here was. The guy is a great fantasy league QB. But with this repetitive injuries, he should think about hanging it up. As he could end up being one of those men who later wishes he had.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
The thread title calls him a China doll???? And while you can't argue that he has injury problems I would argue that it is due to the way he plays the game. Not that he is soft or weak.

pittbull

Contributor
Reaction score
... And while you can't argue that he has injury problems I would argue that it is due to the way he plays the game. Not that he is soft or weak.

I agree with SteelerSask. I actually feel sorry for him. That certainly was an awkward hit he took...bordering on cheap if you ask me. If players are expected to change course while going full speed to avoid a helmet to helmet hit, how can you not argue that the Seattle defender couldn't let off when he saw Romo giving himself up.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
I bet jhonny gets a try out call my mid week.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with SteelerSask. I actually feel sorry for him. That certainly was an awkward hit he took...bordering on cheap if you ask me. If players are expected to change course while going full speed to avoid a helmet to helmet hit, how can you not argue that the Seattle defender couldn't let off when he saw Romo giving himself up.

It made me cringe. I had a buddy get about the same injury riding on the bow of a boat. Boat hit a big roller and he crushed two disks low at the tail bone. he still ain't right 20 years later.

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score
I feel bad for him but agree that he should retire.