• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chiefs offense

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
If our defense can cover a TE for once in their lives it would make me happy

That's what we drafted Davis for, I believe.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Don't turn the ball over and force turnovers=win.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know why people tend to clamor for that so much. I'd much rather see Nix leading the way for Bell than a bunch of gimmicky stuff with Bell & DeAngelo on the field together.

I think he's better as a receiver than what we are putting out there currently.

Reaction score
In the first game Hill was used less as a WR. He's being used much more now. He'll likely be a bigger threat in that area unless the field conditions are just terrible.

They bottled up Kelso really really well in game 1. If they can do that again, it will be HUGE. Bell gives the Steelers a decided advantage as he can just chew up those yards on the ground and find first downs where you just don't expect them. And of course that opens up the opportunities for some play action and gains over the middle. I really want to see them mix things up this game. If they can keep KC off balance on defense I think they win this going away.

I have a friend who's a KC fan and he has no hope whatsoever. He doesn't have any faith in Smith. I tried explaining to him that I think the Chiefs are kind of a threat simply because they are solid in all three phases of the game, but ultimately he's not having any of it. He believes they're going to find a way to shoot themselves in the foot when push comes to shove. Personally I sincerely hope he's right.

When they had Jamaal Charles, they were really dangerous. A crack in your D could mean 6 from anywhere on the field. And mid season, our run D was a mess.

But now? As has been stated, they have one weapon: #10. Neutralize that dude and it's a wrap. We've got linebackers that can run and a young fast secondary. I feel we can win this game, and do so handily.

mdk2

Reaction score
When they had Jamaal Charles, they were really dangerous. A crack in your D could mean 6 from anywhere on the field. And mid season, our run D was a mess.

But now? As has been stated, they have one weapon: #10. Neutralize that dude and it's a wrap. We've got linebackers that can run and a young fast secondary. I feel we can win this game, and do so handily.

Ware is no slouch at RB and you know how TEs kill us.. Kelce is a huge threat.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

actually they have two weapons

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Steelers zone defense leaves room in the middle of the field. The Dolphins repeatedly threw in this area, mainly to Landy, their slot guy.

The defense can counter that room by bringing Davis into the area usually occupied by the bigger guys, and make the window for throws to Kelce and/or the RB very, very small. That is a tall order when the weather consists of an ice storm and heavy winds.

Smith is not a good QB on 3rd and longish (meaning 4 yards or more). In the 2016 season, he dropped back to pass a total of 111 times on 3rd 4 or more, and converted 34, while being sacked 10 times. That works out to just 31% conversion rate.

What that means to me is, shut down the running game, like the D did against Miami. Force KC into 2nd and 9 and 3rd and 7. Force Smith to do what he basically has not done all year - convert 3rd and long.

ark steel

Reaction score
In the first game Hill was used less as a WR. He's being used much more now. He'll likely be a bigger threat in that area unless the field conditions are just terrible.

They bottled up Kelso really really well in game 1. If they can do that again, it will be HUGE. Bell gives the Steelers a decided advantage as he can just chew up those yards on the ground and find first downs where you just don't expect them. And of course that opens up the opportunities for some play action and gains over the middle. I really want to see them mix things up this game. If they can keep KC off balance on defense I think they win this going away.

I have a friend who's a KC fan and he has no hope whatsoever. He doesn't have any faith in Smith. I tried explaining to him that I think the Chiefs are kind of a threat simply because they are solid in all three phases of the game, but ultimately he's not having any of it. He believes they're going to find a way to shoot themselves in the foot when push comes to shove. Personally I sincerely hope he's right.

I wouldn't be too upset having Smith at QB. He won't win you some games like Ben does, but he seems to be stable in the "not ******* something up" category, for the most part. While smith was right in the middle of the pack in the Rating category, the difference between 16th and 10th is only about 4.5 points.

Reaction score
actually they have two weapons

Not buying into the Kelce hype. The media is so hungry for another Gronk since he went down. But Kelce is garbage in the redzone with only 4 TDs. That's not even top 10 in the league.

Yeah, he has a ton of yards, but that's because their WRs are garbage so he has a ton of catches. They feed him the ball out of necessity, and that has inflated his stats.

Also, like most game managers, Alex Smith tends to dump the ball off on check downs a lot.

Kelce is a good athlete, but he's not a superior athlete like Gronk. We can match up.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I would even give Maya a day off when she's bleeding - BANG, BANG, BANG!!!

d0d04f02dda0fef304512316ec11ab44.jpg