• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chiefs offense

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
as we know Reid lives and dies by the screen game and dink and dunk, we have the speed finally to counter that, WR hill i think you have to play ventrosse over the top if cockrell is playing him. Burns vs Maclin.
Kelce Shazier and Mitchell.

they love running east-west this game I think we need Ricardo Matthews in he is quick can penetrate so in the nickel should be useful on stunts. I think this game we see more tuitt and hargrave as the dl and matthews rotated and less mcculers. LB go with the same group, use Davis as a spy to control Alex Smith and hold him in the pocket.
I loved that wide Deebo blitz where he dropped and came wide with a thurst of speed. Dupree with his size can perhaps cover kelce for 10 yards under, Dupree is just a force blitzing from the edge kinda like a 08 Woodley but taller.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
Tyreke Hill scares the **** outta me. Sproles type of player all over again. If we don't keep him contained he can break a game all by himself. Nobody else concerns me on that offense. Well maybe Kelce. Shazier is gonna have his hands full because every big third down, Smith will be lookin for Kelce.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I'd rather see Davis on Kelce.
Last I heard Maclin is questionable, Shazier isn't good enough in coverage to hang with Kelce. If anyone spies Smith it should be Shazier. Burns is the only one athletic enough to match up with hill

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
The Phins game got sloppy in the second half. Yeah, I know, it was over at halftime but on the road FG's and possession football is risky business. The Steelers have to turn it up even over that performance Sunday. A 14-0 lead would be nice again, shut those loud mouth red team fans up.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Statistically the Steelers are the superior team.

I would attack with Bell early, and play action pass.

Then get Ben in a rhythm, and mix it up the rest of the game.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
thing is, this is the type of no-name offense that our defense has historically made to look like the 80s 49ers.
Smith is a decent QB. Not a lot of arm strength, but that works in their short-to-mid passing game. Maclin is the alleged #1 WR, but there's a reason Smith to Kelce is top-notch. Smith has never been intercepted on an attempt to Kelce (Elias Sports Bureau, Dec 2016).

http://www.12up.com/posts/4321267-t...h-and-travis-kelce-have-an-amazing-connection

Smith is the kind of quarterback that plays it safe and tries to reduce the amount of turnovers he commits during a game, so throwing to your tight end is the best way to do that. It's low risk and high reward especially when throwing it to a player like Kelce who could take any play to the house.

we did keep them in check in our first game, but they're a vastly different team this time around. I recall the wise sages here stating we SHOULD have beaten KC like that. And that KC wasn't all that good. Yet, KC is the #2 seed.

Defensively, KC has some players. Their secondary is damn good, with Phillip Gaines likely being the weak link there. Their front seven are pretty reminiscent of our 2000s defenses. Just for kicks, they can bring Tamba Hali off the ******* bench.

Last edited:

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
thing is, this is the type of no-name offense that our defense has historically made to look like the 80s 49ers.
Smith is a decent QB. Not a lot of arm strength, but that works in their short-to-mid passing game. Maclin is the alleged #1 WR, but there's a reason Smith to Kelce is top-notch. Smith has never been intercepted on an attempt to Kelce (Elias Sports Bureau, Dec 2016).

http://www.12up.com/posts/4321267-t...h-and-travis-kelce-have-an-amazing-connection

//abs.twimg.com/favicons/win8-tile-144.png

we did keep them in check in our first game, but they're a vastly different team this time around. I recall the wise sages here stating we SHOULD have beaten KC like that. And that KC wasn't all that good. Yet, KC is the #2 seed.

Defensively, KC has some players. Their secondary is damn good, with Phillip Gaines likely being the weak link there. Their front seven are pretty reminiscent of our 2000s defenses. Just for kicks, they can bring Tamba Hali off the ******* bench.

we do not live in our fears

:surprise:

SteelerAl

Reaction score
I'd rather see Davis on Kelce.
Last I heard Maclin is questionable, Shazier isn't good enough in coverage to hang with Kelce. If anyone spies Smith it should be Shazier. Burns is the only one athletic enough to match up with hill

Correct and correct again, sir.

chipped ham

Reaction score

//abs.twimg.com/favicons/win8-tile-144.png

I see what you are saying, and you can't take a 12 win team lightly. With that said, they are damn lucky to be the #2 seed in the playoffs. A lot of people keep spouting thag the chefs pose the best chance to win in cheaterville. However, they got smoked there last year, score closer than the actual game and the chefs scored a td with no time remaining or something like that. This team can be beat. If we keep doing what we've been doing on offense(when not ******* around like the second half against the dolphins) and defense, we'll be in good shape.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Keep an eye on the weather forecast. Icy rain is possible. Alex Smith does NOT play well in wet conditions. He has small hands. That would be a definite advantage to us.

A sloppy track would also slow down Hill.

In Ben & Bell, we have two terrific mudders. Bell's patient style is really not affected much.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Keep an eye on the weather forecast. Icy rain is possible. Alex Smith does NOT play well in wet conditions. He has small hands. That would be a definite advantage to us.

A sloppy track would also slow down Hill.

In Ben & Bell, we have two terrific mudders. Bell's patient style is really not affected much.

If the O-line does their job, and the D focuses in on Hill and Kelce the game is very winnable.

Spike

Reaction score
Looks like Kelce has a new girlfriend

rs_500x281-161116132102-CATCHING-KELCE-107-TRAVIS-KELCE.gif

x_wFH8Jp.jpg

Him and Tyreek Hill ARE their offense

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Damn his girl is fine - who is that!?

And yeah if there is bad weather, that's a huge advantage for us in my opinion

Spike

Reaction score
Damn his girl is fine - who is that!?

Maya Benberry

Catching Kelce culminated with the Kansas City Chiefs tight end choosing Maya over Veronica

rs_500x281-161116133515-CATCHING-KELCE-107-VERONICA-HARWOOD.gif

rs_500x281-161116132105-CATCHING-KELCE-107-TRAVIS-KELCE-1.gif

ark steel

Reaction score

How are they vastly different now. Looking at the players from our last game, it appears that most of theirs are the same now (not including ILB's).

Our OLB's with the most snaps in the last game were Moats and Jones. We were missing Shazier and now we are missing Heyward. Our DB group is better now with Davis instead of Dangerfield.

Defensively, we are better now than we were then.

I don't know how it works out this way, but the Chiefs are 30th and 31st in RZ% andf G2G%, but 13th in scoring. I guess they get TD's from outside the 20? Defensively, they are 5th and 17th in RZ% and G2G% and 7th in ppg,

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Maya Benberry

Catching Kelce culminated with the Kansas City Chiefs tight end choosing Maya over Veronica

rs_500x281-161116133515-CATCHING-KELCE-107-VERONICA-HARWOOD.gif

rs_500x281-161116132105-CATCHING-KELCE-107-TRAVIS-KELCE-1.gif

WTF kinda dance is Kelce doing there? He should be embarrassed to have that **** on film. SMDH

Oh, **** KC ... Here We Go!!!

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
If the weather is going to be nasty, its gonna be a running game on a potentially sloppy field. If we can stop the run and limit the dinking and dunking I like our chances. OBVIOUSLY taking care of the football is imperative in inclement weather. I'd like to see us get De'Angelo out on the field as another RB or WR with Bell out there at the same time on certain formations.

Reaction score
Antonio Brown on DWTS was more fun to watch. Dating shows are for the birds.

KC's big problem is they're only built to play with a lead. We get up on them by 10 and run the ball they have ZERO chance of a comeback. Alex Smith just ain't that guy.

Last edited:

SteelerAl

Reaction score
I'd like to see us get De'Angelo out on the field as another RB or WR with Bell out there at the same time on certain formations.

I don't know why people tend to clamor for that so much. I'd much rather see Nix leading the way for Bell than a bunch of gimmicky stuff with Bell & DeAngelo on the field together.

Spike

Reaction score
If our defense can cover a TE for once in their lives it would make me happy

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
In the first game Hill was used less as a WR. He's being used much more now. He'll likely be a bigger threat in that area unless the field conditions are just terrible.

They bottled up Kelso really really well in game 1. If they can do that again, it will be HUGE. Bell gives the Steelers a decided advantage as he can just chew up those yards on the ground and find first downs where you just don't expect them. And of course that opens up the opportunities for some play action and gains over the middle. I really want to see them mix things up this game. If they can keep KC off balance on defense I think they win this going away.

I have a friend who's a KC fan and he has no hope whatsoever. He doesn't have any faith in Smith. I tried explaining to him that I think the Chiefs are kind of a threat simply because they are solid in all three phases of the game, but ultimately he's not having any of it. He believes they're going to find a way to shoot themselves in the foot when push comes to shove. Personally I sincerely hope he's right.