• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chiefs cut Maclin

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

steelermania

Reaction score
I knew the Rats would go after him. What choice did they have with the scrubs on their roster? This is more of a problem for the Bungles, Miami, and other potential wild card teams that will be battling the Rats for the last 2 playoff spots.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We are so stacked in the WR department It would have been foolish to pay. I wonder how much he came to terms with them for??? Anyone know?? As long as our Tie-stick master keeps his inhalation air clean, we won't have any problems. I see it' as just another player will be mad at us and watching us come January.

Salute the nation

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
We are so stacked in the WR department It would have been foolish to pay. I wonder how much he came to terms with them for??? Anyone know?? As long as our Tie-stick master keeps his inhalation air clean, we won't have any problems. I see it' as just another player will be mad at us and watching us come January.

How exactly are we "stacked" at the position? I remember we were "stacked" last year as well and by the end of the season we had guys dropping touchdown passes in the most important game of the year.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
How exactly are we "stacked" at the position? I remember we were "stacked" last year as well and by the end of the season we had guys dropping touchdown passes in the most important game of the year.

Ever hear of Bryant, who wasn't here last year? What about an early round pick named JuJu.......... These two are definately worthy players that we didn't have last year. We also have two rookies who have a hell of a lot better game experience. I'd say this group in comparison to last year's group, is a well stacked group. Injuries happen and even Decker could fall to thaT BUG. THE ODD'S OF A INJURY RIDDLED season such as last would be VERY small.

Salute the nation

deljzc

Reaction score
Nothing about the Ravens passing game scares me. You know what does scare me about the Ravens (and this all comes from Hairball):

1. Refs giving 1-2 deep pass interference calls against us because that's what Flacco does.
2. Cheap shots by the Ravens on Roethlsiberger
3. Cut blocking from their cheating offensive line going after the legs of our D-linemen
4. Tomlin/team getting stupid because they take these games WAY too seriously and get sucked down to lowest denominator and play dirty/street football.
5. Losing on special teams.

As with this team in general, it just doesn't play up to their potential and style and stick with the plan (if there is one from our coaching staff). We too easily change our style to match our opponents rather than playing a style that best suits our talent and forcing the other team to change to us.

We have always been a superior team to the Ravens because Roethlisberger is just 10 times better than Flacco but too often we let them get into our heads, too often we let the games WITHOUT Roethlisberger (which there have been a lot by chance) define the series.

We should sweep the Ravens this year because we are the superior team (pretty much across the board). But the media/hype will try to convince us otherwise. And the team/coach sometimes plays into that hype as well and give the Ravens too much credit.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Martavis Bryant and JuJu say hello.

Ever hear of Bryant, who wasn't here last year? What about an early round pick named JuJu.......... These two are definately worthy players that we didn't have last year. We also have two rookies who have a hell of a lot better game experience. I'd say this group in comparison to last year's group, is a well stacked group. Injuries happen and even Decker could fall to thaT BUG. THE ODD'S OF A INJURY RIDDLED season such as last would be VERY small.

Yeah, Bryant is back, but how is this unit "stacked"? The top two will be one of the best duos in the NFL, but after that they have a bunch of guys or practice squad types. We really need JuJu to step up as a rookie.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, Bryant is back, but how is this unit "stacked"? The top two will be one of the best duos in the NFL, but after that they have a bunch of guys or practice squad types. We really need JuJu to step up as a rookie.
Eli Rogers is a very capable slot receiver. JuJu is a wild card but I see no reason why he can't be a good forth receiver. They also have Justin Hunter, Demarcus Ayers (showed some nice things late last year) and DHB.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Eli Rogers is a very capable slot receiver. JuJu is a wild card but I see no reason why he can't be a good forth receiver. They also have Justin Hunter, Demarcus Ayers (showed some nice things late last year) and DHB.

I'm fine with all that. It's a solid group, but not stacked.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not afraid to say we have the two best receivers in football. I'd prefer to sign a MLB before I sign Decker.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Steeler Nation mobile app

Seriously wondering what the FO is doing not getting a MLB to play with Shazier. They can't possibly be thinking that Williams is an every down backer. I predict a lot of nickle and dime base defenses v just 3-4 with Shazier patrolling the middle....provided he stays healthy.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm fine with all that. It's a solid group, but not stacked.

How many other receiving corps in the NFL match up to our guys???? We are in the top 5 / maybe 3 if not the #1. That would be stacked in any of those 5 slots in the NFL. Your definition of "stacked" is different than most but that's ok as my definition of "stacked" doesn't coincide with yours. We are stacked currently at wide receiver especially when compared to what we ended the season with last year.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
PS. I'm on the band wagon of needing a MLB worse than another reciever on this team.

Salute the nation

Spike

Reaction score
Maclin gets Markus Wheaton money from Ravens

Jeremy Maclin's two-year contract with the Ravens is worth just $11 million.

For perspective, Markus Wheaton's Bears deal is worth $11 million over two years with $6 million guaranteed. Maclin is a steal so late in free agency, and it's surprising the wideout-needy Bills were unwilling to pony up more to land him, particularly considering Buffalo's superior salary-cap situation to Baltimore's. Regardless, Maclin is now the favorite for targets on the Ravens, who have led the NFL in pass attempts in back-to-back years.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5169/jeremy-maclin