• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chase

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
His rookie year was extremely promising. with Wilson throwing NFL passes maybe he would be worth it

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Thought he was gonna be a beauty. Then he proclaimed himself whatever it was .....top five in the league. Then I realized why he got picked in the second. I'll be seeing Chase in Green and White at Mosaic Stadium this summer while he eats humble pie for 90k Canadian a season.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
in theory he'd be a perfect fit for Arthur Smith's system because he's so big and would be able to block. The problem is he doesn't play physical. He's a slacker and plays soft. He should play like a TE, instead he plays like small WR. If they want to sign him to a minimum, fine, but I wouldn't count on him.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
in theory he'd be a perfect fit for Arthur Smith's system because he's so big and would be able to block. The problem is he doesn't play physical. He's a slacker and plays soft. He should play like a TE, instead he plays like small WR. If they want to sign him to a minimum, fine, but I wouldn't count on him.
That is the thing. his rookie year he played tough. go back and watch a few of his games. blocking good. contested catches few but good. then he just stopped. do not know why. but maybe in a AS offense he gets that back.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
His rookie year was extremely promising. with Wilson throwing NFL passes maybe he would be worth it
Claypool is lazy on and off the field. We caught lightning in a bottle for like half a season and he has had issues since then. He was in CHI for over a year and still didnt know the playbook and also had effort issues. I doubt fields has a good relationship w/ chase so i would not even entertain bringing him in.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Claypuff doesn’t really have his heart in playing football. That’s a shame since the talent is there but he lacks the heart and the drive to play at this level.
He likes the checks but seems like he has many other things he’d rather be doing. He may have earned his way out of the league by now.