• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Buy American - No Chinese products ever again!

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification Con....but was that just two exaggerations to fluff the article or is the whole article BS. There are a lot of companies in that piece.

f7rgVbh.jpg
I stopped reading because their were two Canadian companies in the top 10 (who really gives a **** that a Canadian company is a very large seller of tshirts?) and then the two big false reports on iconic US companies GM and GE. I suppose I could probably ferret out a few more inaccuracies, but it looks like the title and the words do not really match facts, so I'd jettison that, and other articles from the author, as garbage.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Long story short....my g-grandson went from wanting a boat to not wanting a boat but a go kart instead. Little did I know that when I traded the jon boat I was restoring for a two seat go kart that just about every go kart, UV, moped, or scooter is made in China. It's like a monopoly, most of the engines out there are Chinese GY6 or versions of them and all the parts come from China. WTF....we can't even make a friggen go kart ? The good part is that the parts are super cheap. I paid less than $20 for a starter and not much more than that for a carburetor.

Smith_C20230301_t655.jpg

tik-tok-ban.png

Last edited:

xjx

Reaction score
I'm not surprised.

xjx

Reaction score
Joe's inflation reduction act benefits China. The highly touted f150 lightning truck, has its batteries made by CATL, a Chinese company. They are building a plant in Michigan to build the Chinese batteries and put them in ford trucks. American trucks? The battery is the most expensive part on that truck. But don't worry. Since they are built here it's likely Joe will give you a tax credit. Never mind where the lithium comes from or who builds the fire hazard batteries ( likely with information gathering devices on board). Yay Joe! Inflation reduction benefits the CCP. Lunch bucket Joe. The man of the people.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Joe's inflation reduction act benefits China. The highly touted f150 lightning truck, has its batteries made by CATL, a Chinese company. They are building a plant in Michigan to build the Chinese batteries and put them in ford trucks. American trucks? The battery is the most expensive part on that truck. But don't worry. Since they are built here it's likely Joe will give you a tax credit. Never mind where the lithium comes from or who builds the fire hazard batteries ( likely with information gathering devices on board). Yay Joe! Inflation reduction benefits the CCP. Lunch bucket Joe. The man of the people.
They already passed a law changing the tax credit to US-built batteries only. Which at the moment is none of them,

xjx

Reaction score
Yea. Watch that carefully. Either Joe is dangling a tax credit that can't be obtained ( bait and switch, a favorite of democrats) or he will change the language or implementation to benefit the Chinese company greatly.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Yea. Watch that carefully. Either Joe is dangling a tax credit that can't be obtained ( bait and switch, a favorite of democrats) or he will change the language or implementation to benefit the Chinese company greatly.
As my guy on the radio Jim Quinn often says, when you hear the phrase "targeted tax cut", that means you're not getting it.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I was disappointed to find out (too late) that my new Champion generator is from China. Then I found out that they all are, or all I could find anyway.

Champion portable generators are known to be affordable and dependable. Established in 2003, this relatively new entrant operates from the American shores but has its production units established in Zhejiang district of China.
Here's what the company has to say...

Some Generac are made in China but will run anything. These generators seem to have been all made in the same place as they are very similar but are branded different.

Honda produces approximately 46 thousand compact gasoline generators ranging in capacity from 0.9 – 12 kVA in Japan, China, France, India, Thailand and US and supplies them to North America, Europe and various other countries around the world.

Briggs and Stratton is the world's largest producer of gasoline engines for the outdoor power equipment market and the headquarters is located in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. They were founded in 1908. Briggs & Stratton now manufactures its products in 13 facilities in the United States. Like many companies, Briggs and Stratton sees money to be made in the emerging economies of south and east Asia. Briggs and Stratton's new plant will be located in one of China's fastest growing areas.

Probably the engines with the most American content are the Kohler and Generac. The small Kohler engines are built in China.

The Chinese engines which Toro is using are built by the Loncin corporation in Chongqing, China.

The manufacturer of the Westinghouse portable generators is Westpro Power Systems, LLC, in Pewaukee, WI. You might assume that the engine is therefore US made, which many think it is. It is from what I understand made by MTD in China

All WEN generators are assembled in China. The engines are apparently the same as the ones used in Yamaha generators

DuroMax generators are the most popular conventional generators on Amazon.com. ... And their product is 100% made in China – this is not a bad thing – Champion and Westinghouse have their gensets made in China and they're highly praised (as are DuroMax).

Think we got a problem ?

3wnk0k.jpg
3xz8uf.jpg
You can't spell C-h-a-m-p-i-o-n without C-H-A-m-p-I-o-N...

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Are Generac generators built in the USA?

Generac generators and engines are engineered and built in the USA.

Had a whole house Generac in Fl. Powered by a Briggs and Stratton engine. Thing ran constantly for like 11 days after Hurricane Michael.

xjx

Reaction score
Now a days if something is " affordable " it usually means made in China.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
In all seriousness, if there's a serious plan to go toe to toe with the Chi Coms, (there isn't) the US better damn sure get back into the manufacturing business and in a damned hurry.

Food-check
Energy-check
Natural resources - check
Manufacturing - GTFOOH 🤣

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Now a days if something is " affordable " it usually means made in China.
A buncha major corporations out source sadly. Very rare to find anything store bought made in the USA

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Scotty Kilmer is a too fast talkin' mechanic, who has been advising people on car problems for years. Lately he has gotten into some auto manufacturer dealings and the market results. This Gov't giveaway to Ford comes as no surprise to anyone I know.

When I read of China slaves working 84 hours a week to make solar panels I worry if they'll find the time to make my cell phone.

2443892.gif

WuTXxOJ.jpg

xjx

Reaction score
I own a gibson J-200 standard acoustic jumbo body. I love it.

xjx

Reaction score
I've owned a couple different Taylor guitars in the past. They were very good quality.