• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

"But when Republicans are in power, it seems there is no conservative party."

deljzc

Reaction score

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ron Paul is what this country needed YEARS AGO. Rand is not his father, and that is really too bad.

I respect Rand's religious beliefs, but I think when you are a PUBLIC employee, you should leave them at home. This is what makes me so upset with him, he just gets things rolling, then has to breakout the religious bullshit, EVERY TIME. I just wish we could find someone more like Ron Paul to start a new party.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Why the **** are we talking politics on Steeler nation? It's all a joke anyway so let's talk football

Sent from my SM-G955U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Not exactly the best first post we have had on this site but it shows you're tryin.

th

Welcome anyway.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Yeah it sucks. The filibuster rules make it so that you need 60 votes to get anything done, when the intention was that a simple majority of 51 is supposed to be enough to make law. It's bullshit. Having the majority in congress and a republican president will get you a cup of coffee and that's about it.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Yeah it sucks. The filibuster rules make it so that you need 60 votes to get anything done, when the intention was that a simple majority of 51 is supposed to be enough to make law. It's bullshit. Having the majority in congress and a republican president will get you a cup of coffee and that's about it.

It would help if McConnell would make the Dems actually filibuster instead of just counting votes.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
How does someone get the earned income tax credit if they have no W-2 or Social Security number?

The same way people with no jobs get $1.8 million tax refunds. It's really not that hard to scam the federal government.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
So what’s the difference between Obama’s stimulus packages and Trumps massive corporate tax cuts?

Others have already explained it.

I'm just going to call you dumb as a sack of hair. I say sack of hair instead of a box of rocks because you can get some use out of a box of rocks you could at least prop a door open with it. A sack of hair is completely worthless all it does is lay there and smell funny.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I still can't believe the money we spend on things that are really not a part of what Gov't is responsible for . Take illegal immigrants as a prime example. They are breaking Fed law just by being in this Country BUT....

..., for example, an illegal alien with a wife and five children. He takes a job for $5.00 or $6.00/hour. At that wage, with six dependents, he pays no income tax, yet at the end of the year, if he files an income tax return, he gets an “earned income credit” of up to $3,200, free.
In addition:
1. He qualifies for Section-8 housing and subsidized rent
2. He qualifies for food stamps
3. He qualifies for free (no deductible, no co-pay) health care
4. His children get free breakfasts and lunches at school
5. He requires bilingual teachers and books
6. He qualifies for relief from high energy bills
7. If they are, or become aged, blind or disabled, they qualify for SSI
8. Once qualified for SSI they can qualify for Medicare (All of this at taxpayer’s {our} expense
9. He doesn’t worry about car insurance, life insurance, or homeowners insurance
10. Taxpayers provide Spanish language signs, bulletins and printed material
11. He and his family receive the equivalent of $20.00 to $30.00/hour in benefits
12. Working Americans are lucky to have $5.00 or $6.00/hour left after paying their bills.
13. The American taxpayers also pays for increased crime, graffiti and trash clean-up.

How in the hell did this happen ? By voting for slugs like this....

if-you-needed-anotherreason-to-votein2018-if-we-win-the-21732000.png
th

Yeah. Leaves me ******* pissed to see these illegals have it easier than us.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Others have already explained it.

I'm just going to call you dumb as a sack of hair. I say sack of hair instead of a box of rocks because you can get some use out of a box of rocks you could at least prop a door open with it. A sack of hair is completely worthless all it does is lay there and smell funny.

It could be used to make wigs for cancer patients. Ok, I’ll shut up now.

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score

Maybe there is another explanation. Maybe we just have a bunch of politicians that don't give a ****.

When will it stop? Conservatives who vowed to cut spending keep spending

WASHINGTON

Tea party Republicans arrived in Washington seven years ago with a clear, loud message from angry voters: Slash spending. But once again, spending is going way up.

“Part of our job right now (is) that we keep pounding that Republicans still stand for fiscal responsibility,” said Rep. Mark Walker, R-N.C., who chairs the House Republican Study Committee, a coalition of conservatives.

But he was on the losing side as the House early Friday cleared a massive two-year spending package that President Donald Trump quickly signed into law. Sixty-seven Republicans voted against the two-year budget plan that became law Friday, but 167 voted yes.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/congress/article199401849.html

whF1yPI.jpg

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
But when Republicans are in power, it seems there is no conservative party." - Rand Paul

Well gee Rand, national defense, pro business regulations, tax cuts and boarder security are conservative based issues.

ark steel

Reaction score
Well gee Rand, national defense, pro business regulations, tax cuts and boarder security are conservative based issues.

He's discussing the lack of spending cuts.....and the continuing addition to our debt.

Find the video of Rand discussing some of the BS we spent money on recently. I saw it on FB and do not know the source. Seems recent and it looks like he is talking to an empty chamber. It is only a few million here and there, but, eventually, it adds up to a lot of money...

Smash

Contributor
Reaction score
So I've been looking for some positive in the Trump budget (it will be seen as his so might as well call it such), military notwithstanding, and came upon this which I thought was worthy of note:

At least $100 billion of the federal allocation will be used to develop an Incentives Program with the explicit goal of encouraging state and local governments — as well as private enterprise — to invest in infrastructure.

Pretty sure most would agree that private enterprise would be a welcome change, and an added spur to state and local economies. The more strength of self reliance and independent governance given back to the states the better imo. Real shovel ready jobs. Ahead of schedule and under budget.

More: https://www.redstate.com/slee/2018/...led-1.5-trillion-infrastructure-plan-tuesday/

Smash

Contributor
Reaction score
Worldwide, consensus is growing that mobilizing private investors to finance and participate in national infrastructure maintenance and development can ease the pressure on public funds and supplement resources for investment. ... By delegating the construction and oftentimes the management of infrastructure projects to the private investors, governments are also likely to reap cost and efficiency gains.17

Unfortunately, the United States "has lagged behind Australia and Europe in privatization of infrastructure such as roads, bridges and tunnels," says the OECD.18 We also lag Canada in shifting government infrastructure to the private sector and using the P3 process. According to information in Public Works Financing, few of the top global firms doing P3 deals are American, and a relatively small share of P3 projects are located in the United States.19

https://www.downsizinggovernment.org/infrastructure-investment

ark steel

Reaction score

Ugg, with there already being so much crony capitalism here in the US, this can only make it worse.

What, REALLY, has to happen, IMO, is that any and all funds confiscated by the government due to taxes on fuel, tires, etc. MUST be used exclusively for actual infrastructure. Remove these pork projects of the BS of planting trees along the route to beautify it while the roads and bridges crumble. Cheaper and better to spray turf grasses and wildflower seeds, probably..

My preference would be to remove the federal government piece of the tax on the gallon of gas and let the states replace it with whatever they want, then let the states deal with their own infrastructure. In cases where there is crossover between states, i.e. bridges, connecting roads and, maybe the current interstate system, the federal government could act as mediator and/or catalyst to get the money from the relevant states into one fund which funds whatever it cost for the federal government to get involved AND gets the project done.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
So I've been looking for some positive in the Trump budget (it will be seen as his so might as well call it such), military notwithstanding, and came upon this which I thought was worthy of note:

Pretty sure most would agree that private enterprise would be a welcome change, and an added spur to state and local economies. The more strength of self reliance and independent governance given back to the states the better imo. Real shovel ready jobs. Ahead of schedule and under budget.

More: https://www.redstate.com/slee/2018/...led-1.5-trillion-infrastructure-plan-tuesday/

Unless you’re building toll-roads or parking garages, infrastructure is not an investment.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Unless you’re building toll-roads or parking garages, infrastructure is not an investment.

you say some stupid **** sometimes, and you're not called on it, so please explain why infrastructure is not an investment.

Smash

Contributor
Reaction score
Ugg, with there already being so much crony capitalism here in the US, this can only make it worse.

Agree somewhat. But the gist of that article is to remove the federal aid, subsidies, tax exemptions, and regulations which impede private investment. By doing so, you put the capital risks back in the hands of the private entities. Backed and insured by state and local government regulation and specs.

Will crony still exist, sure. But a federal government 20 trillion in debt should be looking for solutions to the debt.

Smash

Contributor
Reaction score
What, REALLY, has to happen, IMO, is that any and all funds confiscated by the government due to taxes on fuel, tires, etc. MUST be used exclusively for actual infrastructure. Remove these pork projects of the BS of planting trees along the route to beautify it while the roads and bridges crumble. Cheaper and better to spray turf grasses and wildflower seeds, probably..

My preference would be to remove the federal government piece of the tax on the gallon of gas and let the states replace it with whatever they want, then let the states deal with their own infrastructure. In cases where there is crossover between states, i.e. bridges, connecting roads and, maybe the current interstate system, the federal government could act as mediator and/or catalyst to get the money from the relevant states into one fund which funds whatever it cost for the federal government to get involved AND gets the project done.

We can't even keep from raiding the social security lock box said Al Gore. But great idea here.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
you say some stupid **** sometimes, and you're not called on it, so please explain why infrastructure is not an investment.

Are you ******* kidding me?

How much of your money do you want to invest in a road that anyone can use, free of charge? What do you think your ROI will be?