• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Blackout Heinz

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Not much different than the usual. Almost everyone always has black on at these games.

Stewey

Reaction score
**** yeah! And bring your black towels! Brown musta got that idea from one of my posts a few months ago LOL....except I emphasized using the black towel for a black out.

The color black puts the "Terrible" in the towel. To this day I don't understand how the gold towel is the one that took off. Oh well.

images upload

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
I don't have a black one. The gold towels are the best. Must do gold towels IMO

Sent from my Pixel using Steeler Nation mobile app

Reactions: GMC

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Blackout with everyone waving gold towels ... that would be amazing!

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I have one black one in my collection,but I'm 1000 miles away..haha.

Reactions: MTC

mdk2

Reaction score
I'll be there Sunday. Gonna do my part in the blackout.. wearing the home Levon Kirkland.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm assuming this is sarcasm. I see where you are coming from but it wouldn't feel right not having the gold towels twirling at Heinz.

Actually, no sarcasm intended. Everything black (i.e blackout) with gold towels waving ... Black and Gold. It would be an amazing visual. Don't know what good it would do as far as motivation, etc., but it would definitely be an amazing sight.

Stewey

Reaction score
Actually, no sarcasm intended. Everything black (i.e blackout) with gold towels waving ... Black and Gold. It would be an amazing visual. Don't know what good it would do as far as motivation, etc., but it would definitely be an amazing sight.

But then it wouldn't be a blackout.
Most fans wear black jerseys/Steeler jackets anyway and wave gold towels. We see the gold towels waving all the time. Fans of other teams see the gold ones all the time on TV.

Just one freakin time change it up. Wave the black towel and simulate a real blackout. Now that would be awesome!

Or at least wave the gold ones during the game and bring out the black ones at the end to signal the death of the Rats!...provided we won.

Eh...come to think of it, most fans probably don't own a black one anyway.

Last edited:

Steelerfan

Reaction score
**** yeah! And bring your black towels! Brown musta got that idea from one of my posts a few months ago LOL....except I emphasized using the black towel for a black out.

The color black puts the "Terrible" in the towel. To this day I don't understand how the gold towel is the one that took off. Oh well.

images upload

Are you sure that's not yellow? /ducking for cover LOL

Steelerfreak

Reaction score

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
I know that's just field dressing, but I did think the gold endzone used to look pretty darn good. I'm sure that black ones would look cool as well. Not a big fan of the ND stripes in one end. Pitt's season at home in over.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
The stripes have been gone since Pitt ended. They put Steelers in the other endzone.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I actually dont mind breaking away from tradition on occasion. Actually feels refreshing with a new uni and an attempt with a "blackout". During the nhl playoffs this past season, when the fans did the gold out for Pens games. The visual on tv looked cool. Imagine Heinz field taking that measure. I remember when the Steelers went 15-1 Bens rookie season and that playoff game against the jets. All those towels twirling. That was neat

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
I actually dont mind breaking away from tradition on occasion. Actually feels refreshing with a new uni and an attempt with a "blackout". During the nhl playoffs this past season, when the fans did the gold out for Pens games. The visual on tv looked cool. Imagine Heinz field taking that measure. I remember when the Steelers went 15-1 Bens rookie season and that playoff game against the jets. All those towels twirling. That was neat
What was different about the 05 Jets playoff game compared to any of the other playoff games?

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
If a "Blackout" inspires this Steeler team to kick the living sheet out of the Rats then I'm all for it because that is what it will take to beat them. Harbage and his purple behemoths play physical ball. Trying to out muscle them might not produce the intended results.
But, the Bengals did copy the Rats defense in that last game so it's not like the Steelers will be surprised.
If only there were a reliable set of #2 hands to throw to.
Dear Santa.......

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
If a "Blackout" inspires this Steeler team to kick the living sheet out of the Rats then I'm all for it because that is what it will take to beat them. Harbage and his purple behemoths play physical ball. Trying to out muscle them might not produce the intended results.
But, the Bengals did copy the Rats defense in that last game so it's not like the Steelers will be surprised.
If only there were a reliable set of #2 hands to throw to.
Dear Santa.......

Hoping Bey can help a little in that area.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Except they wave the gold towels. Everyone gotta bring a black one for the Ravens game.

You wouldn't be able to see the towels waving. Gold Terrible Towels waving against a black background is basically what you see at every playoff game at Heinz Field and it looks awesome.

But since I haven't yet in this thread, the color rush concept is dumb and it's just one more game I don't get to see the best uniform in sports.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
You wouldn't be able to see the towels waving. Gold Terrible Towels waving against a black background is basically what you see at every playoff game at Heinz Field and it looks awesome.

But since I haven't yet in this thread, the color rush concept is dumb and it's just one more game I don't get to see the best uniform in sports.

It is only for a game, I am ok with it. Not like they are doing it game in game out.

Besides all black should look ok I would think.............

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
It is only for a game, I am ok with it. Not like they are doing it game in game out.

Besides all black should look ok I would think.............

They only play 10 home games a year (including preseason) and two of them they're wearing something other than their actual uniforms.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
What was different about the 05 Jets playoff game compared to any of the other playoff games?

On tv, the towels looked full force. In 08-09 championship run I don't remember as much towels. I'd have to guess the earlier kickoff time in 05 when the sun wasnt exactly set. Made the gold on the towels shine. I honestly dont know. I guess another factor was watching Bettis' reaction

chipped ham

Reaction score
On tv, the towels looked full force. In 08-09 championship run I don't remember as much towels. I'd have to guess the earlier kickoff time in 05 when the sun wasnt exactly set. Made the gold on the towels shine. I honestly dont know. I guess another factor was watching Bettis' reaction

I remember thinking the same exact thing. There's even an NFL Films clip where the bus talks to Duce Staley and tells him to take in "all the towels." It was pretty cool.