• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Black & Gold, is there any other?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
No. Just no. All this new nonsense (screw you goodell) messes with tradition. I know there are other teams with no tradition to speak of. Let them jump on this trendy new garbage.

We have more tradition than most teams. If anything, bring back the block letters and grey facemasks. Other than that, no. No, no, no, no, no.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I think there should be a law against teams incorporating black into their color scheme. I think just about all of them have at some point.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
A true team’s colors are growing less and less sacred by rules changes.

NOT all teams can be the STEELERS in Black and Gold (yellow for the *****-es & Azz-hats).

$$$$mO-money$$$$ is the driving force of the GREED MACHINE.

The NFL is on near edge of being unwatchable, now it’s headed to being un-fan-able.

Salute the nation

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
New rule regarding helmet colors

Teams can now choose to wear up to 3 different color designs in 1 season.

I can't imagine anything other than Black & Gold.

Article clears up the eligibility as some teams this year and ALL teams next year.

I'll be damned, maybe try yellow??? ****

Salute the nation
If I recall correctly, we have already worn yellow helmets in a "throwback" game. I didn't like them at all; ruined our brand.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, we have already worn yellow helmets in a "throwback" game. I didn't like them at all; ruined our brand.

The gold helmets are lame. Maybe a cool collectors piece, but not for a game. Of course we'll see a lot of posts like these where the Steelers "need to bring back" the gold helmets. No they don't.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I personally don’t have a problem with the yellow helmets, as an occasional change withe the all black unis with yellow BLOCK numbers.

Didn’t they wear a white helmet once, or am I just mis-remembering?

I am almost 100% sure I won’t like the fluorescent green helmets, that some idiot will force on them at some point.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I have a bunch of Steelers jerseys but you couldn't pay me to wear that Bumblebee ****.

xjx

Reaction score
The bumblebee as an accent around the sleeves or neck might be ok. Someone could get creative.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If the uni is of a throw-back, it is good as it’s our heritage. That includes the GOLD helmet.

Our team colors are Black & Gold for those of you who can’t remeber. Yellow is for bellies.

Salute the nation

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No team without the color black as one of their base colors should be able to have a black version of their unis...absurd.

Last edited:

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
The bumblebee as an accent around the sleeves or neck might be ok. Someone could get creative.
I really think bumblebees are all or nothing. It's in their nature. I think they are hands down the ugliest unis ever in the NFL. Whoever decided to "bring back" those need mental therapy/analysis.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
I really think bumblebees are all or nothing. It's in their nature. I think they are hands down the ugliest unis ever in the NFL. Whoever decided to "bring back" those need mental therapy/analysis.
My baby brother has one and loves it, but he certainly could use therapy, at a minimum, possibly electroshock therapy.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My baby brother has one and loves it, but he certainly could use therapy, at a minimum, possibly electroshock therapy.

Next thing yaz know is you’ll want to be the guy running the switch………….

Salute the nation

steelhurt

Reaction score
Old man Rooney, listen here. If you do anything for this franchise do this please.
Go back to the 70’s look of gold pants and gold stripes on jerseys with white block numbers.
Strictly black helmets with gold stripe.
I do not like yellow, period. Gold old man, gold.

Stewey

Reaction score
I like things just the way they are. That is the best-looking uni in the NFL. But unlike the Stains, at least we have some pretty cool alternatives.
There's nothing you can do with brown and orange. No matter what they've tried it always looks like ****. Especially the all brown, OBVIOUISLY.

But to be honest, the best they looked is when they came out in all white against us I believe.
Thats because the less you can show brown and orange, the better.

Last edited:

Stewey

Reaction score
Old man Rooney, listen here. If you do anything for this franchise do this please.
Go back to the 70’s look of gold pants and gold stripes on jerseys with white block numbers.
Strictly black helmets with gold stripe.
I do not like yellow, period. Gold old man, gold.

I thought I was imagining that they had a darker shade of pants. I would prefer that shade too.
But technically the brighter color they wear today is still considered "gold".
But I do understand why you called it yellow.

wardcolorpg6.jpg

Stewey

Reaction score
No team without the color black as one of their base colors should be able to have a black version of their unis...absurd.
It makes them look badass like the Steelers and Raiders. They want to be like the Steelers.

The Steeler color combinations are the most unique in the NFL...Black to symbolize badass and Gold as the gold standard of excellence.... you know, no losing seasons. "The standard is the standard" lol