• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bengals lose Jackson

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
William Jackson tore his pec .. hes out for the year.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Damn wow....damn

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Kanye-Shrug-822-1-300x181.jpg

ZACKB

Reaction score
He wasn't gonna start anyway, they have a ton of depth.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
****, poor kid. Well, better them than us

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Nah, 3-4 months on a torn peck. He'll be back sometime in the season.

Jackson was having a hot start. He can ball.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/6/1...amp-day-3-william-jackson-shines-james-wright

The Cincinnati Bengals were back on the practice field Thursday for their third and final minicamp session.

This also marked the final OTA workout for the Bengals as they go off into a summer break until training camp begins a little over a month from now. All of the Bengals were present for this week's workouts, though, not all were actively practicing.

One player who made noise just as he has for many OTAs was first-round rookie William Jackson III. Local 12's Richard Skinner noted that Jackson was routinely batting down passes, something he's been doing a lot of in offseason workouts.

"A week ago just learning the concept, I'm getting the high/low (responsibility) and things like that, and it's just starting to come to me," Jackson said via Skinner.

MUST READS
Bengals waive linebacker Gionni Paul
Lewis pushing Clarke & Hunt--Freeney still option?
This past season, Jackson led the NCAA and set a school record for pass breakups in 2015 with 23. His 31 3/4" arms and 6'0" height allow him to knock down passes easier than most, and he's already translating it to the NFL level.

"It's going to help me a lot, because I've got long arms, and I can kind of slow them down," Jackson said. "You just had to use your feet and your body (in OTA and minicamp). It was good."

With so much talent already in the secondary, you can't fault the Bengals if they take it slow bringing Jackson up to speed in the regular season. The question is, if any of the other corners struggle, will Jackson perhaps see the field sooner rather than later? He's clearly showing the potential to make an impact as a rookie.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Well that takes Hall out if tge equation for the Steelers. They will rush to the podium to grab him like they did Jackson. Hopefully it works out similar for them.
Coach you can say 3-4 months but that is dependant upon a lot of factors including not having to carry someone else on injured reserve eligible to return. They can't carry him on the 53. They can't cut him. So they can't have a less severe injury to another important player for the next four five weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Bad karma for picking a DB in front of us when they didn't need one. Sucks to see anyone get hurt, part of the game though.

kev4heels

Reaction score
Nah, 3-4 months on a torn peck. He'll be back sometime in the season.

Jackson was having a hot start. He can ball.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/6/1...amp-day-3-william-jackson-shines-james-wright

The Cincinnati Bengals were back on the practice field Thursday for their third and final minicamp session.

This also marked the final OTA workout for the Bengals as they go off into a summer break until training camp begins a little over a month from now. All of the Bengals were present for this week's workouts, though, not all were actively practicing.

One player who made noise just as he has for many OTAs was first-round rookie William Jackson III. Local 12's Richard Skinner noted that Jackson was routinely batting down passes, something he's been doing a lot of in offseason workouts.

"A week ago just learning the concept, I'm getting the high/low (responsibility) and things like that, and it's just starting to come to me," Jackson said via Skinner.

MUST READS
Bengals waive linebacker Gionni Paul
Lewis pushing Clarke & Hunt--Freeney still option?
This past season, Jackson led the NCAA and set a school record for pass breakups in 2015 with 23. His 31 3/4" arms and 6'0" height allow him to knock down passes easier than most, and he's already translating it to the NFL level.

"It's going to help me a lot, because I've got long arms, and I can kind of slow them down," Jackson said. "You just had to use your feet and your body (in OTA and minicamp). It was good."

With so much talent already in the secondary, you can't fault the Bengals if they take it slow bringing Jackson up to speed in the regular season. The question is, if any of the other corners struggle, will Jackson perhaps see the field sooner rather than later? He's clearly showing the potential to make an impact as a rookie.

you do realize if it's 4 months that he won't be back until week 12 or so - right?

i'm guessing you had a completely different tone about Golson's injury and prognosis since it doesn't fit your agenda?

which BTW, is 12 weeks.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
you do realize if it's 4 months that he won't be back until week 12 or so - right?

i'm guessing you had a completely different tone about Golson's injury and prognosis since it doesn't fit your agenda?

which BTW, is 12 weeks.

Kev,

It can be 3 months too. That would be week 8, and he might miss just seven games depending on where the bye week is.

If you're a DB and had a pick between an injured foot ( 2nd injury for Golson ) or a torn chest muscle, it's an easy call.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I still say he has just as many INT's as Burns will at the end of the season.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
But agreed. To hell with the Bengals

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I Never wish injury or celebrate it. He got hurt and so be it. Do I like the bungles????? H-E-L-L. N-O. So FlUCK the bungles....

Salute the nation

Harry_BZAC

Forefather
Reaction score
I Never wish injury or celebrate it. He got hurt and so be it. Do I like the bungles????? H-E-L-L. N-O. So FlUCK the bungles....

Now Billings may be out (per Steelers Depot). Damn I hate the Bengals (f the Bengals), but this is some really bad luck for them. While I do feel sorry for the individual players and wish no harm on anyone; I also get some enjoyment in seeing Bengals misfortunes. It's just hard not to considering who they drafted and who a large majority of Steelers fans (myself) included wanted in the draft. I know that I would have been ecstatic on draft day if we'd have drafted both Jackson and Billings.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score

which BTW, is 12 weeks.

Oh boy, logic and common sense is seeping into the thread...

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Now Billings may be out (per Steelers Depot). Damn I hate the Bengals (f the Bengals), but this is some really bad luck for them. While I do feel sorry for the individual players and wish no harm on anyone; I also get some enjoyment in seeing Bengals misfortunes. It's just hard not to considering who they drafted and who a large majority of Steelers fans (myself) included wanted in the draft. I know that I would have been ecstatic on draft day if we'd have drafted both Jackson and Billings.

Same deal with the Jaguars. Their top picks tend to get hurt.