• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ben sprained MCL out 4 weeks

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Sounds like standard procedure... let the swelling go down a bit then get an MRI. Its all about the ACL now... MCL is a couple weeks to maybe when pounce is back... ACL is next year

Steelers17

Reaction score
2 weeks on a significant MCL? Seems very optimistic to me. I'd think more like 4 to 6 minimum.

You are correct, 4-6 weeks (minimum). Connor at Pitt had surgery recently for his MCL injury.

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
My question maybe should have been more clear,

Are we comfortable with Jones being the back-up?

Not really. But it is what it is, and he is what he is.

That said, if it weren't the Ravens, and a short week, I'd start him and see how he does. He could always get pulled.

But it'll be Vick - please Pope, bless us. End of story.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Sounds like standard procedure... let the swelling go down a bit then get an MRI. Its all about the ACL now... MCL is a couple weeks to maybe when pounce is back... ACL is next year

isn't it the other way around? MCL is season ending?

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
You know what, screw it: Sign Tebow if you need a third QB.

They might have to sign someone. And he's no worse than all the other dreck out there.

mdk2

Reaction score
I'd be OK with Tebow for a few games, as Vick's back-up. Bye Dri.

I think Tebow is better than Vick at this point in their careers. Vick puts the ball on the ground constantly and can't take a hit.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see them signing a QB. There's no point. If were down to Landry were screwed anyway. Besides we won't have a roster spot unless Ben is lost for the season.

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
The backup will be Jones.

They aren't going to cut him and sign Tebow to replace him.Tebow would be No. 3.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Just hope for a good outcome. They could sign Terry Bradshaw for all I care. Either he will be out for 3-4 weeks or the season is over. Who gives a **** who they bring in. Vick will play. That is why he is here.

keslerclan

Reaction score
It's going to depend on the severity of the damage to the MCL. Best case scenario is a few weeks. Worst case w MCL may be 6-8 weeks.

I just don't understand why we had to try to hold the ball for the long pass. (our longest today was 20 yards and THAT is w the YAC). These guys were coming hard and we needed to "dump" off to keep them at bay. We didn't and NOW our QB is out!

MCL (medial collateral ligament) injury. An injury usually occurring after impact to the outside of the knee, causing the MCL to stretch or tear. The MC ligament attaches to the femur (thigh bone) and tibia (shinbone).
Recovery Time: A minor, or grade 1, MCL tear can take from a few days to a week and a half to heal sufficiently for you to return to normal activities, including sports. A grade 2 tear can take from two to four weeks to heal. A grade 3 tear usually takes from four to eight weeks to heal, unless it is associated with damage to the ACL, in which case the recovery time may be longer.

mdk2

Reaction score
Just hope for a good outcome. They could sign Terry Bradshaw for all I care. Either he will be out for 3-4 weeks or the season is over. Who gives a **** who they bring in. Vick will play. That is why he is here.

There is a good chance Vick will get hurt at some point.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
No breaks. Ben is a bit dramatic when hurt, but more often than not is pretty durable.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Dramatic? Knee is not supposed to bend like that. I don't care who you are. That **** hurts.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
No breaks. Ben is a bit dramatic when hurt, but more often than not is pretty durable.

Stupid post of the day.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Stupid post of the day.

In the past Ben has been a bit of a drama queen when hit. I'm not saying it doesn't hurt. I'm saying his initial reaction scares fans and many times he's fine.