• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ben Roethlisberger Confirms Monday Likely His Last Home Game

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score
Ben is a Steeler legend and I agree with others that he may well be the greatest Steeler QB ever, I'm not old enough to remember Bradshaw playing but the talent on the 70's team surpasses Ben's era, not to mention the parity of of this era, and free agency aspect compared to the 70's.

I'm a little surprised he doesn't seem like hes considering playing somewhere else, but glad to not half to see him in another uniform. We will miss you #7, hope you ball out Monday

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Id argue he is a top ten qb… i come up with 9 you can make a good case as being better than Ben…
Tom Brady the cheater,
Joe Montana the winner,
Dan Marino the best pure passer
Brett Favre the gunslinger
Drew Brees the stat guy
John Elway the legend
Johnny Unitas the all time great
Peyton Manning the brain
Fran Tarkanton the old school passing god

And honestly there are guys on this list id take Ben over anyhow
Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers could be on there. What made Ben unique was his ability to not go down and make throws with guys hanging on him. Not sure there are any other QBs who shook off defenders like Ben

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Hope he ends the season on a good note and if offered an extension he comes back. He doesn't sound like a QB that's ready to call it a career. If this is it then it's been one hell of a ride. Extreme highs, miserable lows and everything else in between. I'll never forget that game he had his nose busted and came back. Granted it was a loss but the guy had the grit to come back and continue battling. What more could you ask for?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I would keep Elway on the list, just not as high as Ben. I think you take every QB ever there might have been something missing. Toughness, or accuracy, or game on the line ability, scrambling ability, able to read a defense, etc. Ben had it all. A QB might have excelled slightly in a category over him but I think you would be hard pressed to find that complete package. For me he is the most underrated QB in the history of the game. I know what led to it, but whatever.

Great anology slash and fully agree. That was a great list but most of those QBs excelled at one or two things whereas BEN was the full package. The league did very minimal to protect him in the games as they did for evey other QBs not named BEN. Not a single one of those QBs would have lasted their careers playing their career behind the OLs that BEN played with.

These are not B & G glasses I'm looking through, I see clearly enough to see trhe real truth.

Salute the nation

suncitysteel

Soli Deo Gloria
Forefather
Reaction score
Recall after the '04 season when Bettis was set to retire? Ben promised the Bus that he (Ben) would get him to the SB the next year in his home town Detroit. Who knows if the rest of the team gathered around this promise and played the '05 season with that extra impetus, or the stars just aligned for the team.

Too bad no one on this team had the foresight at the start of the year to reciprocate this very sentiment to what could likely be Ben's last season. Things could've turned out differently (despite the glaring OL, OC, HC weaknesses) and a couple more tallies in the W column instead of the L/T columns we could be sitting in the drivers seat for the AFCN. Or maybe I'm just waxing nostalgic before Ben even retires. Or maybe there is something to be said for passion & emotion rallying a team around a legendary player on their own roster. We'll never know, I guess.

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
as far as I am concerned since 2004 Ben has carried this team on his back, did he have bad games; absolutely he did but when the chips were down more than not he delivered and it aint even close. It sucks that the only game I got to attend I had to watch Mike Vick and didn't ever get to see Ben play in person. I can't even imagine what Ben's career would have been with Bill Cowher at the helm for all of it.

If they made a highlight reel of his big plays it would have to be a two hour show. I hope everyone is prepared for the level of suck that is about to become our football lives. In two weeks when Ben is gone this site will be the only NFL I will know I will be done watching The NFL until our owner decides that wining is more important than politics.

Thank you Big Ben, not only for the player you were but for all the football memories you gave me with my kids as they grew up, we spent every game you played watching you together. You will be missed more than you think.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
as far as I am concerned since 2004 Ben has carried this team on his back, did he have bad games; absolutely he did but when the chips were down more than not he delivered and it aint even close. It sucks that the only game I got to attend I had to watch Mike Vick and didn't ever get to see Ben play in person. I can't even imagine what Ben's career would have been with Bill Cowher at the helm for all of it.

If they made a highlight reel of his big plays it would have to be a two hour show. I hope everyone is prepared for the level of suck that is about to become our football lives. In two weeks when Ben is gone this site will be the only NFL I will know I will be done watching The NFL until our owner decides that wining is more important than politics.

Thank you Big Ben, not only for the player you were but for all the football memories you gave me with my kids as they grew up, we spent every game you played watching you together. You will be missed more than you think.

PLEASE keep frequenting us here, Your input has been and will be greatly appreciated by many.

Salute the nation

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow...can't believe the resident homers here have given up all hope already. I believe division winners still get a home playoff game, correct??

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
Wow...can't believe the resident homers here have given up all hope already. I believe division winners still get a home playoff game, correct??
as much as I hope you are right I just don't see the bengals losing to the browns. I think we have a chance at winning out but I have very little faith in the browns beating cincy. whats gonna suck is us winning out and the browns making a close game to only lose in the final seconds. don't know if my heart can take that.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
I will root for the Steelers to win as always, and I hope Ben goes out on a high note. On the other hand, getting much better draft position (with the standings as tight as they are in middle of the pack) wouldn't be so bad, either. I do like the Steelers +3 at home.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I'm not looking forward to what's coming next year if the status quo stays the same.

I knew eventually it was going to happen. What sucks is so many wasted years of inept bullshit

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
You're a good you !!!

Salute the nation
frank-reynolds-iasip.gif

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
What I always liked about Ben was you could get bad Ben, good Ben or Great Ben. Hell you could get all three in one game. But you were gonna be entertained. He was never safe. Never analytics. Give him the ball and he is gonna hose it to someone. Probably played one too many years in my estimation, but hell he earned that right. Hell of a ride. Thanks for all the memories Ben. Thanks for bringing back glory to this franchise. Thanks for the two SB's especially the one in Tampa. A game that will never be forgotten.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score

I'm lucky I got to see him play everytime the Steelers played down here in Jagoffville.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
REspectfully...please get Elway the **** off that list. He doesn't belong in the same sentence with Ben. He flat out sucked balls his first 10 years in the league.
I'd also drop Favre & and Fran below Ben.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
We has never received the credit owed. He will be missed, Ben has given us some great games on Sunday. The SB comeback and the throws he made will satnd in Steeler history for ever. Thanks Ben.