• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ben not commiting to 2017

Ben's powerplay. A what if. Take the poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Can't blame him. I said LAST year we should be looking, seriously, for his heir.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
We always think the QB crop is abysmal. But only the die hard draft guys actually knew who Roethlisberger even was before we drafted him.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We always think the QB crop is abysmal. But only the die hard draft guys actually knew who Roethlisberger even was before we drafted him.

BS, he was talked about quite a bit after the combine and leading up to the draft. Everyone at the draft day party that year knew who he was before we drafted him.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score

To be 100% honest, I said in November of 2003 watching Miami (OH) on ESPN that I hoped we drafted that guy.

coolshark

Contributor
Reaction score
I know many don't want to hear this but I have said I believe this coaching staff the past decade has ruined this organization with on field and off field nonsense. this team should be similar to NE the past 10 years but have been somewhat mediocre. This is a good message from Ben

Last edited:

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
This is a power move. Get Haley out of the OC or he retires. He's sick of the ****.

And as the only player, we can't win without, you have to back him if you are Rooney, especially if what he says has merit.

As outsiders we really don't; know anything about the internal workings of the steelers, just the 10-15% of so the media is aware of.

Do what you must Ben, I support your decision 100%

-Coach

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

He and Rivers are the ones I wanted badly....

This QB crop is a weak one. Trubisky is likely the best of the bunch, but I think he's more like the 2nd or 3rd QB picked in most QB's drafts. Yet some team will take him in the top 6.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Well considering the gameplan we had for the afccg I may think about hanging it up as well. We had zero chance in that game before it was even played. Plus a few diva ******* in the locker room. You know those self absorbed selfish look at me people. I'd take some time off if I'm him then either get in working out like a madman or just hang it up.

Just be prepared for this team to go down the toilet for a period of time.

Free Agent

Reaction score
To be 100% honest, I said in November of 2003 watching Miami (OH) on ESPN that I hoped we drafted that guy.

Haha...That was me also. I called me Uncle during a game and said you have to watch this guy play. The Steelers need to draft him.

mdk2

Reaction score
This is a pretty underwhelming draft for QBs.. we need to hope Ben comes back and then draft his replacement next year.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Haha...That was me also. I called me Uncle during a game and said you have to watch this guy play. The Steelers need to draft him.
It was a Thursday night game, I was at the bowling alley watching my dad bowl

kev4heels

Reaction score
The guy has taken a beating during his career. I would completely understand him wanting to leave the game while he can still walk and talk.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It was a Thursday night game, I was at the bowling alley watching my dad bowl

Did you amp up the excitement and go watch the grass grow or paint dry afterwards? (j/k, I just cannot watch Bowling, Golf, or tennis...way too boring)

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ben has, and will always be, something of a drama king. Nothing to see here.

His play took a considerable nose dive the 2nd half of the season, and he became the #2 offensive weapon on this team behind Bell. Two likely reasons why he would be frustrated.

Where was Bell in the AFCC, the same place he always is at the end of the year, on the bench with an injury. Usually helpful if your #1 weapon can actually be on the field or it doesn't do you any good.

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
Ben has, and will always be, something of a drama king. Nothing to see here.

His play took a considerable nose dive the 2nd half of the season, and he became the #2 offensive weapon on this team behind Bell. Two likely reasons why he would be frustrated.

I'll take his drama over another Mark,Bubby Kordell parade

SteelVictory

Reaction score
This is a clear shot across the bow that changes need to be made.
Maybe not personnel or coaching changes but Ben definitely wants everyone to be held accountable.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
Where was Bell in the AFCC, the same place he always is at the end of the year, on the bench with an injury. Usually helpful if your #1 weapon can actually be on the field or it doesn't do you any good.

Yea it sucks that he got hurt. But it is largely Bell's play that even got us to teh AFCC. If anyone should be frustrated, it should be Bell because he was the most deserving of getting to the SB.

Last edited:

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
This is a clear shot across the bow that changes need to be made.
Maybe not personnel or coaching changes but Ben definitely wants everyone to be held accountable.

I totally agree.

I just hate how Ben loves to go "Brett Favre" every now and again.

ianv2012

Reaction score
I think DeShone Kizer QB Notre Dame, is a guy we could take if he made it to 30, has all the talent and skill, plus he's only 21 (RS Soph, granted he comes out), he just needs time to refine his skills and sit and learn. He is the only one I'd be willing to take at the end of the 1st, unless Trubisky was there but he won't.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Ben may be drama queen, but it's clear the end of the era is closer now. The fact that Heath went out kind of early, still had his health, has money in the bank and family, it's coming. I feel the warning has been placed. Maybe not this year or even next year, but his future with the team is nearing the end. Sad.

str8liner

Reaction score
Wow talk about taking a torpedo hit to the ship broad side if Ben happens to walk away...No life boats aboard either.....

OMG it just dawned on me.....Ben announces he is retiring and they go out and get Tony Romo.....

Mother of god......

obxsteeler

Reaction score
If he isn't agreeing with Haley, then they need to find a way to get Whisenhunt back here at OC. I think Ben is also sick of AB, so that is going to need to be worked out.

Not real sure Ben and Whisenhunt was any kind of a love affair. Lot of talk at the time that was why he was never considered for the HC job.

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow talk about taking a torpedo hit to the ship broad side if Ben happens to walk away...No life boats aboard either.....

OMG it just dawned on me.....Ben announces he is retiring and they go out and get Tony Romo.....

Mother of god......

you ready to part with a 1st and 3rd for a QB that probably plays 3 games

SteveA

Reaction score
R-E-L-A-X

Common verteranspeak all the way...

These are also frustrated comments & at the same time these are calculated comments.

He is trying to ensure to secure the environment is going to be thriving and not stagnant.

Change will be made on the offensive side of the ball.....This team under performed and Haley is probably gone