• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ben and the "Drama" or "Diva" claims

Hobbster

Reaction score
Although it has been touched on in some comments from Ravens players in other posts, I didn't see any direct comments on this. First Bart Scott called him a Drama King after going out on field after injury in Miami game and then Brian Billick said the following:

"This guy’s going to the Hall of Fame … Toughest quarterback maybe I’ve seen in the NFL. But he’s a diva, we know that,” Billick told The Fan Morning Show. “And he’s going to drag that leg out there, and he’s gonna throw for 400 yards against the [Baltimore] Ravens.”

I know some on here have made the claim he is a Drama Queen/Diva, but I thought Kordell Stewart made excellent points that I have always felt as well:

"I’ve never seen a diva drag a leg out on a football field and play knowing that at any moment it could give out or anything, I think he’s just a tough guy. Being that Coach Billick had to play against the Pittsburgh Steelers for many years and myself being a quarterback in Pittsburgh and going against him…I beat him 8 times out of 9 times, and I don’t think he likes that too, too much, and I think that’s kind of a jab at the Pittsburgh Steelers.”

And when asked about Cam's comments about safety:

“See, that’s the difference between a diva, and lets just say, Ben Roethlisberger. Now that’s a diva mentality.”

Just thought it was interesting and astute, A Diva doesn't have their nose broke, and get back out and play, have surgery and come back and play ASAP.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No matter how you slice it though, if Ben comes back this week, he is one tough son of a *****. He would be way ahead of schedule for the recovery period the doctors and experts have stated. I don't care what they call him as long as he plays and lights them up.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No matter how you slice it though, if Ben comes back this week, he is one tough son of a *****. He would be way ahead of schedule for the recovery period the doctors and experts have stated. I don't care what they call him as long as he plays and lights them up.

OR what do they call him if he comes back to early and stinks it up???? Just trying to keep it real. His doctors / trainers / coach / ben will decide and within that order.

Salute the nation

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Diva's don't play hurt, so Brian Ballicker can **** off! Other than he's not bad as an analyst

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
OR what do they call him if he comes back to early and stinks it up???? Just trying to keep it real. His doctors / trainers / coach / ben will decide and within that order.

Salute the nation

Doesn't matter. Ben at 75% is still better than Landry on his best day.

Hobbster

Reaction score
I thought the Kordell comments would get more responses, I was impressed by his opinion of Ben and his comments about Cam.

diver

Reaction score
Ben's not a diva, he is without question tough, but he is also a 21st century football player. He can't just shut up, he has to let everyone know how tough he is. I am old school. I wish he'd shut up, but if it hasn't happened by now, it isn't going to. At the end of the day, it isn't that big of a deal.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought the Kordell comments would get more responses, I was impressed by his opinion of Ben and his comments about Cam.

Kordell may not have been the best QB but he was a tough son of a *****.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Ben is asked about his injuries, he just walk up to a mic and say hey I have a knee injury, it's alot better than the coach speak we always get. I like when players answer the questions instead of avoid them

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Let's be honest.. Does ANYONE here think Ben won't be on that field on Sunday? Honestly, I will be totally shocked if he's not

FordFairLane

Reaction score
He wears a shoe three sizes too large to come in for Jones and breaks every record for a "back up" qb stats in a game. He breaks his nose and misses a couple of snaps. He dislocated his shoulder and comes back in then next week passes for 300+ for the second time that season (without AB) against a defense that only gave up 300 twice... both times to Roethlisberger. The list goes on and on. Diva my ***

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Maybe Kyle Boller would be less of a Diva as he flips burgers at McDonald's now.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I wish Suggs was around for this rivalry in the early 2000s, he would have fit right in. Always good for a great quote.

“Don’t fall for that. You’ve got to understand, I saw this movie before. He’s going to act like, ‘Oh, I’m not playing. I don’t know. I did individual today, I threw a little bit. I don’t still know. And then he’s going to walk his big *** out there and I’m going to be like, ‘How are you doing, Benjamin?’ And he’ll be like, ‘What’s up Sizzle?’ And then it’s on. Don’t fall for that though. I’m telling my boys No. 7 is playing and not only that, he’s going to try and light [us] up.”

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ben is a beast...a freaking oak tree...but he wants us to know that because a lot of ******* get more respect than he does.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ah, good ole Kordell.

He's getting more political. 1) compliment Ben. 2) compliment himself, 3) throw in a jab at the Ravens head coach.

All that said, while Stewart had many flaws as a QB, he was a Raven Killer.