• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bell says he Feels Great

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rgh-steelers-says-feels-great-preseason-debut

NEW ORLEANS -- Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell's knee looked just fine in his first live action in 10 months, and he's hoping for more progress after 11 months.

Yes, he's choosing to consider a positive from his looming three-game suspension for missed drug tests. Bell, who tore two ligaments in his right knee in November, said his body felt "great" after 58 total yards in the Steelers' 27-14 win over the New Orleans Saints on Friday night.

"I can only imagine how I'll feel in a month," Bell said.
Le'Veon Bell caught five passes for 37 yards and rushed for 21 yards on three carries Friday night. Gregory Shamus/Getty Images)

Bell caught five passes for 37 yards and rushed for 21 yards on three carries. He attributed a fumble on third-and-18 to rust; he rarely fumbled in his first three seasons.

Bell split snaps with DeAngelo Williams, and on the Steelers' 15-play, 74-yard opening drive, Bell took a screen pass 13 yards down the sideline and was tackled on a 3-yard run up the middle.

Bell said he's not thinking about what the next few weeks will be like without football. But he's taking a more cautious approach to games after ending back-to-back regular seasons with knee injuries.

He's more aware of the sideline now.

"Obviously I've still got to be the same player, be aggressive, deliver some punishment -- but I've got to be smart," he said.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Each time you see him on the field you realize just how special he is.

As not only is he a capable runner, his pass catching is second to none at RB.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We can only hope he is not an addict and somehow, someway, someone can help him gain some intelligence and common sense. Otherwise, the next step is he sits for a year like Bryant.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
We can only hope he is not an addict and somehow, someway, someone can help him gain some intelligence and common sense. Otherwise, the next step is he sits for a year like Bryant.

I believe it is 4 games. The next step.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope his great feeling is not because of herbal influences.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I believe it is 4 games. The next step.

Sir, you are correct. That is how I understood the interpritation of the suspension. He goes back through all the beginner drug offense stuff even though he is a veterain at it.

I hope his great feeling is not because of herbal influences.

This was one of my first thoughts. NOW that we see the suspension and some of the details, I think he is maturing up. He didn't test positive and for some reason didn't make the test(s). OBVIOUSLY the "rog" bought into the story as the suspension was reduced which NEVER would have happened had he tested positive. Sucks the three he misses but will be glad when he is back.

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Honestly if Bryant hadn't ****** up and Green wasn’t injured, the Steelers would have so many match up nightmares I don't even know who you would cover. I know the Saints aren't exactly the Seahawks but with all those match up problems who do you cover. Jessie James was wide open when they were inside the 15. Why? Cause there are three way more dangerous guys you have to cover.

Stewey

Reaction score
Not sure since he just had 4 reduced to 3. He still may be at the full year level.

No, a 3 game suspension and resuming his current status was the deal...next time he gets caught its a 4 game suspension.

I guess the NFL bought his story about him changing his phone number therefore he wasn't able to be reached for his drug test.