• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bell and Williams Together

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
Ben came out and told the media that Bell and Williams will be on the field at the same time more this year.
If they play it right, it could create some real matchup problems for teams and force the linebackers out of
downfield coverage. I'll believe it when I see it.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
If we ever get Ladarious Green back the Steelers will be in a prime position of being able to dictate to defenses by formation. They could line up in a strong look that would force defenses into a traditional defense..then spread that defense out with motion. If the defense adjust and tries to play a nickel or a DB heavy look, run it right down their throat.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
It makes sense. With Rogers injured, Wheaton with his head up his ***, and Coates unable to run a route other than a screen or a go, they need Bell to serve as the slot WR.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
If we ever get Ladarious Green back the Steelers will be in a prime position of being able to dictate to defenses by formation. They could line up in a strong look that would force defenses into a traditional defense..then spread that defense out with motion. If the defense adjust and tries to play a nickel or a DB heavy look, run it right down their throat.

Why do we need Green? Aren't James and Grimble enough at tight end?

It makes sense. With Rogers injured, Wheaton with his head up his ***, and Coates unable to run a route other than a screen or a go, they need Bell to serve as the slot WR.

No slight against the receivers other than Brown, but Bell is seriously the Steelers second-best option lined up wide.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

^^^
How many times has Bell been an option? Quite a bit. Bell should open up the offense a bit more

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We all know De'Angelo can run the ball. Sometimes I think that aspect of it is near enough to what Bell brings as a runner. PUT the two on the field together and let BEN ROTHLESBERGER ******* hit underneath receivers once in awhile. Amazing what that will do for an offense.

Salute the nation

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Why do we need Green? Aren't James and Grimble enough at tight end?

No slight against the receivers other than Brown, but Bell is seriously the Steelers second-best option lined up wide.

Because Green when healthy can line up wide a la Graham or Gronk. Forcing teams into their sub packages. Giving us a advantage because we can run against smaller defenses

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I see Bell at all WR positions.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Green will be eligible to come back vs the P*ts.

could be interesting to see how this unfolds - and very well could turn into an offensive shootout, since the game will be in Pittsburgh and not Fauxboro.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
He will be eligible, but will he be healthy? Anyone have an update on his health progress?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Green will be eligible to come back vs the P*ts.

could be interesting to see how this unfolds - and very well could turn into an offensive shootout, since the game will be in Pittsburgh and not Fauxboro.

AND to be said,................OUR headsets will probably work the ENTIRE 4 quarters of the game.....................

Salute the nation