• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Beanie is Kahn's secret weapon

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
https://www.steelernation.com/2024/05/01/steelers-omar-khan-secret-cornerback

Kahn is excited about signing the Beanie Baby, UDFA CB.

Khan provided clarity on the role the Steelers have in mind for Bishop in the upcoming 2024 season. He emphasized that Bishop will be given an opportunity to compete for the nickel corner position, highlighting his potential to make a significant impact in that role. Additionally, Khan highlighted Bishop's considerable value on special teams, further underscoring the team's confidence in his abilities despite going undrafted.
Bishop's performance at West Virginia in 2023 speaks volumes about his capabilities. Leading the team in interceptions with four, he earned recognition as a Big 12 first-teamer, showcasing his prowess with 67 tackles and 54 solo stops. His instrumental role in the Mountaineers' defense, coupled with his knack for disrupting plays and his dynamic presence on the field, solidifies his candidacy as a promising prospect.

Undrafted and fueled by a desire to prove himself, Bishop enters the Steelers' fold with a chip on his shoulder. The organization's confidence in him stems from his impressive track record and potential to excel at the professional level. As the Steelers have seen in the past with players like Warren, Bishop could very well be the next undrafted free agent to shine brightly in Pittsburgh.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We shall see

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
We shall see
All I know is it would sure be nice to finally hit on a low/un-drafted player at CB for once after so many FAILs there. The Tomlin era hasn't quite "lit up the board" when it comes to acquiring decent CBs.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
All I know is it would sure be nice to finally hit on a low/un-drafted player at CB for once after so many FAILs there. The Tomlin era hasn't quite "lit up the board" when it comes to acquiring decent CBs.
Man you started it out fairly positive. But then turned it right around.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Man you started it out fairly positive. But then turned it right around.
You mean I acknowledged the truth? Yea, that is frowned on around here. So what I really meant is Tomlin has down just masterful at finding quality CBs in his tenure. Yeaaaaaaaaaaa, that's the ticket!

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
You mean I acknowledged the truth? Yea, that is frowned on around here. So what I really meant is Tomlin has down just masterful at finding quality CBs in his tenure. Yeaaaaaaaaaaa, that's the ticket!
Never a problem speaking truth. But there is a difference between casually saying something about Tomlin here and there to habitually saying negative things about Tomlin. Because in reality it more than likely has been said over and over again here anyways. You are just basically beating that dead horse over and over again.. and again.

Just showing the difference where people probably wouldn’t say anything to you to the next reference that they would just tire of hearing it.

So truth or opinion is ok, repetitive bashing Tomlin even if you are trying to mask it will have people getting on ya.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Never a problem speaking truth. But there is a difference between casually saying something about Tomlin here and there to habitually saying negative things about Tomlin. Because in reality it more than likely has been said over and over again here anyways. You are just basically beating that dead horse over and over again.. and again.

Just showing the difference where people probably wouldn’t say anything to you to the next reference that they would just tire of hearing it.

So truth or opinion is ok, repetitive bashing Tomlin even if you are trying to mask it will have people getting on ya.

The man’s gottA beat something, besides ….. well…… you know…… the horse…………

Salute the nation

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I am not a Tomlin guy. But your "truth" is the "truth" pretty much every single coach in the NFL.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
I seriously don't understand your point.
When you take off the Steelers blinders Tomlin is no better or worse at many things than any other coach. We just have a bias in our perception because of the focus on Steelers over any other team. This can manifest as overly positive or negative bias. With you it tends to be overly negative where Tomlin is concerned and I am sure I trend to the positive and or optomisitic most of the time.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I seriously don't understand your point.
Read your post. You want Tomlin to stop missing on low or undrafted cb. So does everyone else. But every single team would like that also. It just does not happen all that often.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Read your post. You want Tomlin to stop missing on low or undrafted cb. So does everyone else. But every single team would like that also. It just does not happen all that often.
Stop missing on "low and undrafted CBs?" Yea, that would be nice, but how about stop missing on drafted CBs too? Some taken high, he misses on virtually all of them. Tre Norwood (7th rounder), Justine Layne (3rd), Cam Sutton (3rd), Artie Burns (1st rounder), Sean Davis (2nd), Golson (2nd), Grant (4th), Hawthorne (5th), Curtis Browns (3rd), Crezdon Butler (5th) and etc. A lot more missed CB picks than just undrafted guys. I thought DBs were his supposedly specialty. Not so much.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Read post #3.

This is getting crazy

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
When you take off the Steelers blinders Tomlin is no better or worse at many things than any other coach. We just have a bias in our perception because of the focus on Steelers over any other team. This can manifest as overly positive or negative bias. With you it tends to be overly negative where Tomlin is concerned and I am sure I trend to the positive and or optomisitic most of the time.
I agree with this. My problem is the easy fix stuff he suffers from - no replay coach, keeping coaches, guys who are lousy, not adjusting much, drafting really odd choices, getting out-coached, etc. I don't need to go into this further, but it baffles me.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Stop missing on "low and undrafted CBs?" Yea, that would be nice, but how about stop missing on drafted CBs too? Some taken high, he misses on virtually all of them. Tre Norwood (7th rounder), Justine Layne (3rd), Cam Sutton (3rd), Artie Burns (1st rounder), Sean Davis (2nd), Golson (2nd), Grant (4th), Hawthorne (5th), Curtis Browns (3rd), Crezdon Butler (5th) and etc. A lot more missed CB picks than just undrafted guys. I thought DBs were his supposedly specialty. Not so much.
Rereading this. You are ripping my quote of your quote. You are ripping your words. That is hilarious.

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
The Steelers definitely had some bad years as far as drafting and/or developing CBs. Steelers were as bad with CBs as New England was with WRs. Irrespective of whom was at fault, or maybe multiple folks, it definitely would be nice to continue the success that looks to have started with JPJ. If Khan is excited, I am going to be cautiously excited as well.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Rereading this. You are ripping my quote of your quote. You are ripping your words. That is hilarious.
Yea, sure, keep telling yourself that. LMFAO.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
The Steelers definitely had some bad years as far as drafting and/or developing CBs. Steelers were as bad with CBs as New England was with WRs. Irrespective of whom was at fault, or maybe multiple folks, it definitely would be nice to continue the success that looks to have started with JPJ. If Khan is excited, I am going to be cautiously excited as well.
One of Shades' only decent CB pick was in his 1ST year: Willie Gay. From that point on, CB picks were an unmitigated disaster. Hopefully JPJ is the beginning of the end of that horrid run.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, sure, keep telling yourself that. LMFAO.

You are the gift that keeps on giving. Thank you! Needed this on a dreary rainy day. " "