• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Back up qbs

zeus50

Reaction score
Not sure if this was in the Landry post or not, but what are expected cuts around the league?

Dirty Sanchez is on the bubble i keep hearing. He can't be worse than Landry, can he? At least he has more starting experience.

Who else is expected to get cut?

Z

Spike

Reaction score
Landry isn't going anywhere, they're not going to cut him, forget about it, they love him for some reason.

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
No way in hell I'd sign the butt fumbler.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Jones actually looked decent with the WRs that will be on the roster this year.

ianv2012

Reaction score
I see the Falcons surprisingly cut Sean Renfree, really liked him coming out of Duke. I'd be happy if we showed some interest in him.

ZACKB

Reaction score
What if Capernack gets cut? I assume he wouldn't want to go here. Prob ends up in Den or Dallas...maybe Miami.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Jones knows the offense, been with it for 3 years....he's the back up. No one out there or to be available can pick it up right away.....FO saw it happen when they got Vick. If and when Gradkowski comes back, we have a 3rd.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
If Ben gets hurt. the fans saying Jones is all right will quickly change their tune. I'd take Sanchez over Jones.

ianv2012

Reaction score
If Ben gets hurt. the fans saying Jones is all right will quickly change their tune. I'd take Sanchez over Jones.

How about when Jones beat the Cardinals last year, a top 10 defensive and offensive team, were we sorry then? Your schtick is getting old Coach, but just keep banging those same worn out drums of yours.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
If Kaperdick gets cut his career in the nfl is over. No other team wants his baggage at this point. If San Francisco keeps him he will need a huge pr turn around just to get signed by anyone next year

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
How about when Jones beat the Cardinals last year, a top 10 defensive and offensive team, were we sorry then? Your schtick is getting old Coach, but just keep banging those same worn out drums of yours.

I'm actually with Coach on this one. Sanchez, with time, and throwing to our talent, would be a good QB. When he first came to Philly and had targets like Jackson and Maklin and Celek, and Shady, he did pretty well in that offense. He makes some poor decisions and forces some throws, but I'd be more comfortable with Sanchez in the playoffs than with Laundry at this point in time.

ZACKB

Reaction score
If Sanchez is cut, Dallas will snag him right away.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What if Capernack gets cut? I assume he wouldn't want to go here. Prob ends up in Den or Dallas...maybe Miami.

THEN HE SITS for a long time. NO WAY IN HELL do you want that mess in our locker room. Imagine the size of stage he would have with the STEELERS, hell of a LOT more recognizable than the 49ers. Another thing, his abilities are not, if any, above Laundry's.

Salute the nation

steelhurt

In Andy I trust....
Reaction score
The Steelers will not cut Landry Jones. He is their backup for 2016 and when Bruce comes back, he's the 3'rd QB. I expect the Steelers to add some players mostly in the secondary where our depth is very suspect. Maybe, maybe a TE and to my surprise possibly Karlos Williams the young RB the Bills cut do to suspension for the first 4 games.

ark steel

Reaction score
I'm actually with Coach on this one. Sanchez, with time, and throwing to our talent, would be a good QB. When he first came to Philly and had targets like Jackson and Maklin and Celek, and Shady, he did pretty well in that offense. He makes some poor decisions and forces some throws, but I'd be more comfortable with Sanchez in the playoffs than with Laundry at this point in time.

maybe, but today's Sanchez didn't beat out a 7th round draft pick who has one snap in the NFL (a kneel down at the end of a game).