• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

baby Blue Huston..............................

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Article says the NFL has sent the Huston Cougars a cease and desist letter to stop wearing the baby blue uniforms. Cougars wore them once last year and then got the letter.

The school decided to tell the NFL to get stuffed and plan to wear them for special events/games.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...S&cvid=57005c500303402cb53be9169dcd7c2d&ei=56

Any one hear anything about this and what's your input?

I'm headed to the empire state building ....... in protest

Salute the nation

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
UH wore the unifoms for the first game of the season, their first as a BIG XII school

they did not plan to wear them again last year but did want them to be one of their alternate uniforms

the blue of the uniforms is not the exact columbia blue the oilers had and the only thing really the same are the red stripes

the titans reportedly cried like ******* since they "own" the oiler color scheme

my opinion

**** the nfl and their cease and desist bullshit

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Totally with you on this Coolie, Just wanted to share the article.

The NFL has grown to big for their britches, thinking they can control everything and anything. **** the nfl.

Salute the nation

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
What's next? The Panthers going after every H.S. that uses anything close to their mascot? The Bengals going after my old H.S. for using a similar color scheme? ******* ridiculous.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
I say Houston should channel their inner Rage Against the Machine say "**** YOU I WON'T DO WHAT THEY TELL ME!!!!!

now-you-do-what-they-told-ya-zack-de-la-rocha.gif

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Also I believe this particular thing has been overridden by the courts before... the Bruins sued the Pens when they switched to black n gold and the courts ruled you dont have the rights to a color scheme....

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Hayden Fry, the coach of Iowa changed their uniform scheme to look like the steelers in 1979. He even admitted he wanted to emulate the steelers look and how they performed. No one said squat and rightfully so, imitation is the best form of flattery. Right there is a precedent, shove it Roger, you make the nfl look small and petty.

xjx

Reaction score
Houston colors are red, white, blue, black and this goofy blue. Just wear the rainbow flag. Stupid.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
And the NFL's tantrums get even more ridiculous...
Thanks Roger! :rolleyes:
The Goodell years will be correctly looked on as stupidville.

They look worse than small and petty. They look every bit as retarded as they truly are.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Houston colors are red, white, blue, black and this goofy blue. Just wear the rainbow flag. Stupid.
UH's official colors are scarlet and albino white. They have alternate black jerseys and these would just be another alternate uniform

adopting the oileresque uniforms helps pull in local fans who may not be alums of UH. When they wore them to start the season last year there was a lot of buzz about them around the city and if UH makes these an official alternate uniform they will be able to sell a lot of that merch around Houston

madinsomniac

Reaction score
This is just more overreach on Goodells part, like the American Needle case... under his reign, the League has gotten slapped down in high profile cases where he attempted to overreach with lawsuits like this. ... maybe he is as ****** a lawyer as he is a commissioner....

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I really don't care about this situation one way or another, I just have never been a fan of alternate uniforms (throwbacks are fine), especially when they aren't the team's colors.