• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Artie Burns (Looking for silver lining)

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Baltimore really did not do much except for Wallace run and blocked kick, so the defense did Ok against another struggling team that beat the Steelers

bmoritz

Reaction score
I have to agree, there was something weird with the whole Boykin thing, beyond just Tomlin didn't like him.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I have to agree, there was something weird with the whole Boykin thing, beyond just Tomlin didn't like him.

his degenerative knee

overall the DRs **** the bed with that signing...........

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Don't worry ..people will be here to tell you he sucks shortly.

I'd say outside of his missed tackle on the Wallace TD he played pretty good. The defense as a whole played well.

When it comes to rookies, I can live with mistakes as long as they can make a few plays. Burns can. With Gay aging, Burns can't afford to sit and learn. It's best to play him now.

Burns has real ball skills. I think is a fine zone and react type of player once he sees the ball coming.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Of course he gave up the inside, He had safety help...

Kudos to Wallace, that ball was not thrown well, but he reached for it and kept in stride.
Yeah, he was supposed to jam and knock him off his route tho but instead Wallace used his hands well and got right past it. The jump for the ball was a poor decision though. If he keeps his feet Wallace gets a catch and first down but burns probably makes the tackle or at least gives Mitchell some assistance.