• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Article: Steelers Injury/Suspension Tracker 2016

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
G.Stryker
SteelerNation.com
September 9, 2016

Since there is sometimes confusion on when a player is injured, I started tracking them all on a spreadsheet.

I've researched the injuries and surgery recoveries, giving a good estimated date of return.

Follow this link and bookmark it. I will be updating it, then posting my projected inactive list based on the practice participation on Saturdays.

This can be a good tool for fanatics, and fantasy owners if you have Steelers on your team.

Just another service that SteelerNation.com provides, that no other site on the internet does. Show your appreciation by becoming a member. Not only are you helping out the site that we all love, but you get some fun features for your donations. Join the family and be part of Steeler Nation!

Go Steelers!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/161Sdj_2vJ50u9XzGRc8flz7bYFz4Kovvzl8PurKIxWg/edit?usp=sharing

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
great research, thanks for the info

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Good work.

Bryant only gets a year if suspended again? I thought it kept escalating?

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
He requires reinstatement by the commissioner. Thanks Slash!

The sheet is updated to include Fridays practices.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Dupree just had surgery. I think he's out more than 6 games. In hindsight I wish he had this surgery in July. Yet another wrong move by the Steelers medical staff.

deljzc

Reaction score
Keep it up Cope and do it for a couple of seasons. I am very interested.

You guys know I'm all things spreadsheets. One of these days I guess I'll have to google docs more than just my draft stuff and share some other tidbits I have. I have top coaches of all time, top QB's, Steelers historical stats (really obscure stuff), tons of old Steelers draft stuff and analysis. And even some from other sports as well.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Dupree isn't eligible to return until week 9 but he can start practicing after week 6 I believe.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Dupree just had surgery. I think he's out more than 6 games. In hindsight I wish he had this surgery in July. Yet another wrong move by the Steelers medical staff.

that is the recovery time 6 weeks.... but I think his IR status keeps him out longer if I remember correctly

oops just answered above....

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Cope!!

Good info!

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score

Coach, the injury recovery time and the surgery recovery time are exactly the same. Evidently the injury was worse than anticipated though it was attempted to recover on its own. I am always fine with the medical staff being cautious before resorting to surgery. The last thing you want is a player with an unnecessary surgery, and then still miss time because the surgery didn't repair the problem.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I was able to find more info on Wallace. He has a knee hyperextension. He should be ready to go soon. I updated the sheet.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Updated and I added an Inactive list tracker to it as well.

Steelerfan

Reaction score
I've got a groin. Nevermind, I'm not on the team.

But seriously, this thread should be considered for sticky status.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Dupree isn't eligible to return until week 9 but he can start practicing after week 6 I believe.

He should be right on schedule as long as there are no setbacks. Sports hernia surgery is fairly routine. Just needs a good rehab and he will be right back at it. Hope he can get his conditioning back. Figure with him back for the second half he should have a good motor for the balance of the season.

Same for Bell missing a few games. His motor should be solid all year

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Shazier practiced fully, which means he should play.

Wheaton was limited, which doesn't look good for Sunday.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Week 3 is updated. Only Wallace DNP, Nix LIM and Wheaton FP to worry about.

I'm happy Nix is finally getting some action. Not sure if he'll be ready this week, but I'm optimistic for Wheaton. He was close last week. This week, he should be ready.

Wallace is a big question since he didn't practice today.

Oh, and Shazier is not listed in the report, so he's off the list and was a full participant.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Heyward and Landry Jones are added to the injury report since they were limited and DNP respectively.

Ramon Foster also was limited today. We'll have to keep an eye on him tomorrow.

Last edited:

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Final update for this week's game. I'll have my projected inactive list up soon.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Hit his hand off Dunlop's helmet during the game. Almost had to leave the game in the third quarter. Apparently it's a sprained thumb.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Hit his hand off Dunlop's helmet during the game. Almost had to leave the game in the third quarter. Apparently it's a sprained thumb.

Is there any documentation on it? I want to be thorough.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
An interesting point on the injury tracker, Cam Heyward's high ankle sprain, is now at 5 weeks. Those sprains take 4-8wks and from the look of Heyward's performance yesterday, it is no longer hindering him, sapping his power, or slowing him down. I expect more splash plays moving forward, as his tree trunk legs are getting healthy!

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
An interesting point on the injury tracker, Cam Heyward's high ankle sprain, is now at 5 weeks. Those sprains take 4-8wks and from the look of Heyward's performance yesterday, it is no longer hindering him, sapping his power, or slowing him down. I expect more splash plays moving forward, as his tree trunk legs are getting healthy!

Heyward is ruled out for the dolphins game.