• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Are we locked in to playing Miami?

Spike

Reaction score
Also playing MIA at home could make a huge difference. We're a much different team now than we were in Week 6.

Their running game is much better too.

I don't trust our defense to stop anyone.

35+ points to win in the playoffs is a reasonable approach

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Also playing MIA at home could make a huge difference. We're a much different team now than we were in Week 6.

Also the weather will be cold now. Historically the Dolphins do not play well outdoors in the winter.

mdk2

Reaction score
Also the weather will be cold now. Historically the Dolphins do not play well outdoors in the winter.

They beat us in Pittsburgh in the snow last time they played at Heinz. AB almost got us the win though.

chipped ham

Reaction score

35+ points to win in the playoffs is a reasonable approach

When Ajayi is rolling, he's tough to bring down. That being said, I'm not fully sold on their running game. He had three 200 hundred yard games, which really is incredible, but has 1100 yards. I also believe he had a 100 yard day too. So he gets more than half of his rushing yards in four games, but churns out 500-600 yards in the other 10 games. I believe he has 8 games this year with less than 60 yards. If that isn't a serious Jekyll and Hyde example, I don't know what is.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
When Ajayi is rolling, he's tough to bring down. That being said, I'm not fully sold on their running game. He had three 200 hundred yard games, which really is incredible, but has 1100 yards. I also believe he had a 100 yard day too. So he gets more than half of his rushing yards in four games, but churns out 500-600 yards in the other 10 games. I believe he has 8 games this year with less than 60 yards. If that isn't a serious Jekyll and Hyde example, I don't know what is.

he wasn't the starter til about week 7

I'd like to see Vince Williams against them

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I only care about if the Oline can not be embarrassed like last time... give me our healthy offense vs their D with an dominating Oline and i dont care about what their scrubby offense does vs us...

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Right now, the defense can stuff the running game. They did so against the best rushing team in the NFL (Bills, a measly 67 yards), another good running team (Bungles, a wimpy 76 yards), and did reasonably well against the Rats (122 yards, but a lot of that due to poor job taking care of the ball by the offense in 3rd quarter).

Miami's running game may well net them 100 yards.

So freaking what? Without a legit, accurate passer, the Dolphins will wind up with as many punts as points.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
we owe the Dolphins a asswhoopin

Most definitely. I'm in the mindset bring on anyone anytime. If the Steelers advance, they gotta play whoever they match up against regardless. As a fan, I'm going in with an optimistic mind set. This Steelers team is different than the team that was losing to .500 teams

GILBERT

Reaction score
Can't see Ajayi having a repeat performance, especially if Tuitt is back. I was actually at the Miami game and not sure what team that was. Was not the team we have seen the past 6 weeks.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Reaction score
I hope raiders get the number 2, and we get the fins. Best set up for the good guys.

Obviously, winning it all would be great regardless. That being said, a victory march like this

Miami (WC) > Oakland (DIv) > New England (Conf) > Dallas (SB)

would be awesome, very old school.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
We struggle with the straight ahead running teams/RB's, Miami, Baltimore, Dallas

deljzc

Reaction score
Gotta think if we get Miami at home and Tannehill doesn't play, the line is going be at least Pittsburgh by 7 points. That's a 75%-78% win chance historically.

I think right now the line on a Pittsburgh @ Oakland game in the divisional round might be even money. Or a very small line like 1 point either way. Might depend on what Oakland looks like on the field (and what people remember last means a lot) this weekend and the fact Pittsburgh could have an 8 game win streak going on. Figure that's a 50-50 game for the Steelers.

The line on a Pittsburgh @ New England game is probably New England -5 to -6. That's my guess. That's a 66% chance of New England winning historically.

Put it all together and you have an approximate 12.5% chance of us running the table and being in the Super Bowl. Or about 1 in 8 chance. Could be worse. Could be better.

We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

xjx

Reaction score