• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Anyone listening to the fan in Pittsburgh right now?

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Andrew Filaponni and Cook, might as well be Simms and Nance the way they are hanging on Brady's nut sack. They put very little blame on the coaches or the game plan. I'm not saying Brady isn't good, but can anyone honestly recall one throw he made that was difficult?
They put very little blame on Tomlin and company, but praise Belichick for adjusting their defense after Bell went out. If you're praising one team for adjustments, shouldn't you be getting on Tomlin for making no adjustments.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
he had all ******* day to stand back there and wait for a wr to find a hole in the zone....******* idiotic game plan

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Andrew Filaponni and Cook, might as well be Simms and Nance the way they are hanging on Brady's nut sack. They put very little blame on the coaches or the game plan. I'm not saying Brady isn't good, but can anyone honestly recall one throw he made that was difficult?
They put very little blame on Tomlin and company, but praise Belichick for adjusting their defense after Bell went out. If you're praising one team for adjustments, shouldn't you be getting on Tomlin for making no adjustments.

That's alright, Dulac and Bouchette basically have said the same thing, blaming the players and absolving the coaches of any real blame. Too afraid of losing their credentials to ever actually do their jobs. Just once I would like to see someone in the media grill Tomlin for the decision making, game plans...etc.

Gedi

Contributor
Reaction score
Both those guys are **** stains that spend to much time making excuses for Tomin.

steelhurt

Reaction score

Cook and Ponyboy will never ever criticize Tomlin. They're not allowed. I don't waste my time listening to those two. I like Stan who tells it like it is and Tunch and Wolfe who forgot more than those two know. Also, love him or hate him, Madden is not afraid to lay it out there. Cook and Ponyboy dont want o offend the Steelers.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Hahaha well they have to face Tomlin at the press conference, cant say anything bad about him.

NE players after the game have said, they had a pretty good idea what we were going to do on Defense

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Hahaha well they have to face Tomlin at the press conference, cant say anything bad about him.

NE players after the game have said, they had a pretty good idea what we were going to do on Defense

There could be other reasons for them to know that. Just saying. Not that it took a rocket scientist to figure it out either but it was the Pats*.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I am reminded of John Travolta's line in "Saturday Nigh Fever" where he says, "They were ******' better than us."

steelhurt

Reaction score
Tomlin refuses to learn from his mistakes but would rather be stubborn and arrogant forcing this zone crap against the Pats. And the offense was like what the **** was that? Stupid and conservative offensive game plan. And why was not Ayers activated? Hell, he'd been contributing nicely but no, we would rather rely on Coates who clearly has issues right now.
Didn't even make a good showing and that's what **** bothers me.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Actually Simms called out the plan before the 2nd half started, and he simply stated. The Steelers needed to press in man coverage. The gameplan and coaching sucked. Yeah our offensive weopons were held and no flag. But the coaches **** the bed this game

BAS

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Butler wasn't prepared from the get-go, and never adjusted to what the Patriots O was doing.
Haley wasn't prepared for Bell's loss, and never adjusted to exploit the Patriots D -- there was no challenge.

Tomlin allowed this to occur.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Cook and Ponyboy will never ever criticize Tomlin. They're not allowed. I don't waste my time listening to those two. I like Stan who tells it like it is and Tunch and Wolfe who forgot more than those two know. Also, love him or hate him, Madden is not afraid to lay it out there. Cook and Ponyboy dont want o offend the Steelers.

I can't get Stan here at work on our radio, or I'd be listening to him, this is the only sports show I can get until Madden comes on, who is an ******* for the most part, but he tells it like it is.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't get Stan here at work on our radio, or I'd be listening to him, this is the only sports show I can get until Madden comes on, who is an ******* for the most part, but he tells it like it is.

Someone has to keep us updated on what Mark Madden says. The dude is a douche. I don't live in Pitt. But the guy isn't afraid to hold back

steelhurt

Reaction score

That's too bad Tom since Stan is generally spot on and doesn't play favorites. Yep, to coin one of many Pittsburgh words in my youth growing up in Mount Washington, Madden and his 166 IQ is a "jagoff" but yes he doesn't pull any punches.

steelhurt

Reaction score

That's too bad Tom since Stan is generally spot on and doesn't play favorites. Yep, to coin one of many Pittsburgh words in my youth growing up in Mount Washington, Madden and his 166 IQ is a "jagoff" but yes he doesn't pull any punches.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Stan is my favorite, has been since the KBL sports beat days, watched that every evening after school.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Guy Junker is back with him too so that's been cool to hear those two again. The thing I notice about Stan, Tunch and Wolfe is that they respect the callers even when they don't agree. Cook and Ponyboy if you don't agree with them they start talking down to the callers and get downright rude with them.If you're on the same page with them then great but if not, look out. Madden is just rude to everyone period.

Yep, sorry Tom. What the hell was I thinking. Downloading the IHeart App would do it for you. You can go to SNR in the mornings for Wolfe and replay of Steeler games, then scoot over to ESPN for Tunch and Wolf and then Stan. Then 105.9 the X gets you the super jagoff at 3 pm.

Last edited:

mdk2

Reaction score

Download the IheartRadio app on your phone and goto ESPN Pittsburgh. Stan is about to in on the game plan right now.. should be good.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score

Stream Stan on your phone on I Heart Radio app

steelhurt

Reaction score
Stan is my favorite, has been since the KBL sports beat days, watched that every evening after school.

Yep, sorry Tom. What the hell was I thinking. Downloading the IHeart App would do it for you. You can go to SNR in the mornings for Wolfe and replay of Steeler games, then scoot over to ESPN for Tunch and Wolf and then Stan. Then 105.9 the X gets you the super jagoff at 3 pm.

Listening to the Godfather Stan Savran now.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I know many disagree, but Brady deserves every prop he gets. Save me the cheating garbage, he's going to his SEVENTH SUPER BOWL while we are sitting home again. He had a historically good season and was outstanding once again against us. Looking back, it was going to take a perfect game by the Steelers to have a chance and the coaches failed the team first and foremost. That defense was pathetic and allowed the Patriots to play right into our weakness. It never had a chance at success. Next I put it on the defenders for not winning any one-on-one matchups. The offense sort of played well enough to win, but the scrubs we have at receiver finally came back to hurt us. It looked like the deepest area of the team last January, but finished as one of the weakest.

jbem

Reaction score
I know many disagree, but Brady deserves every prop he gets. Save me the cheating garbage, he's going to his SEVENTH SUPER BOWL while we are sitting home again. He had a historically good season and was outstanding once again against us. Looking back, it was going to take a perfect game by the Steelers to have a chance and the coaches failed the team first and foremost. That defense was pathetic and allowed the Patriots to play right into our weakness. It never had a chance at success. Next I put it on the defenders for not winning any one-on-one matchups. The offense sort of played well enough to win, but the scrubs we have at receiver finally came back to hurt us. It looked like the deepest area of the team last January, but finished as one of the weakest.

not happy but i agree

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score