• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Antonio training with TO - can be first WR to 5 100 reception seasons

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2017/06/antonio-brown-training-terrell-owens-offseason/

Brown is also likely to record his 5th straight 100 reception season. He’d be the first in NFL history to accomplish that.

Obviously there is a higher goal. But if this happens in the process it would cement his legacy IMO.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
Speaking of (potential) HOF'ers....

Percentage wise- how far/close do you think AB is to the HOF?

I am thinking somewhere in the 75% range. If he keeps up his level of play for at least 3 years, he should be at 1,000 receptions with 12,000+ yards easily.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

I am thinking somewhere in the 75% range. If he keeps up his level of play for at least 3 years, he should be at 1,000 receptions with 12,000+ yards easily.

1 SB victory and 100 reception season this year would be enough IMO......

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
1 SB victory and 100 reception season this year would be enough IMO......

I'm not quite sure.

Look at Hines for example. Unfortunately. I think he is far down the pipeline for HOF WR's, despite being a 2x SB champ.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure.

Look at Hines for example. Unfortunately. I think he is far down the pipeline for HOF WR's, despite being a 2x SB champ.

I think Hines will get in too. But AB is already third on the Steelers list in yardage.

And with that record no other WR accomplished. That is a noteworthy. Provided a ring is with it........... (as in both happen)

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score

Considering the proliferation of passing offenses now in the league, he needs to continue his pace for several more years. A ring would also be very helpful.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If AB starts doing sit-ups in his driveway for the news cameras, I'm gonna be pissed.
AB's too busy banging side ******* to waste energy doing situps in his driveway. i'd imagine the man is tired after catching balls at work and draining his balls after work.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He needs to keep his 100 reception streak going for another 2years, win at least 1 SB and NOT get arrested for anything. As for training with TO......... I'd rather see him training with someone fast, like Bolt or someone. Maybe Dri Archer is available, you know, for the speed part of the drills.

Salute the nation

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
See, you are attention whoring all wrong. What you do is take off your shirt, and start exercising in your driveway in front of reporters. That's how you build your brand...

Things TO says to his proteges...

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure AB will be all about getting his 100 catches this year. The catches will come by themselves because he simply can't be covered. Hopefully though he doesn't get upset after a win when he only gets 2 or 3 balls but is all happy as hell when he get 10 balls after a loss as in the past. Maturity is an area hopefully he has grown in. Put TEAM first and ME second.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure AB will be all about getting his 100 catches this year. The catches will come by themselves because he simply can't be covered. Hopefully though he doesn't get upset after a win when he only gets 2 or 3 balls but is all happy as hell when he get 10 balls after a loss as in the past. Maturity is an area hopefully he has grown in. Put TEAM first and ME second.

One can dream. He allready has sent LIVE feed from OTAs. Money or NOT, that is not putting anyone but yourself first. It's a part of his persona and we just have to live with it.......... For now.

Salute the nation

Slash#10

Reaction score
Antonio Brown is no Troy Polamalu... him catching another 100+ passes is beyond welcomed. Dance, tweet, snap chat all he can team/league rules permitted. Open up the field for playground ball for Bryant and co. His antics with the production are much preferred over 98% of the league WRs.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Bryant's back ... in a way it's addition by subtraction. Subtract the other teams' ability to double cover AB because we have no true #2 and add more receptions for AB. This is assuming of course that Bryant meets all the criteria to be fully reinstated.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Super Bowl! How about 25 touchdowns during the season and through playoffs.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
T.O. and A.B. Introducing their brand new reality show: Rolex Models

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Super Bowl! How about 25 touchdowns during the season and through playoffs.

That would be awesome...especially if he would do 25 different over the top celebrations.....one can only hope he is working on some new ones right now.....boy I can't wait. You know because that is what every fan wants to see. The TD celebration.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure.

Hines may not have the stats like TO or Randy Moss. But the way he impacted and changed the receiver position in his era is not to be overlooked. AB is impacting the NFL in his time now too.