• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Antonio Brown

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if a "bad" batch of TB12 made it into his diet................... ?

He was adamit about not changing his helmet from old school to new school. maybe his elixer is old school and finally the side effects got him.

All I know is someone in the nFL will give him another chance and he will gobble the opertunity right up. Has even been waived from Tama Bay yet???

Salute the nation
Arians said post game he is no longer a Buc.
Tom Brady is cuck. WhoAlly ****. Err chyt. Forgive my rhyming a bit. I’m still figuring out these rap bars to spit

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I mean it’s sad because it’s clearly mental issues with that guy… best work ethic in a wr ever… and that’s with Rice on the table… but the same complex that drove him to be great also drove him to snap over and over…

6Rings

Reaction score
His step-dad said that he has been this exact person since he was 16 and wondered why it took the Steelers so long to figure it out. He also stated that Browns mother was looking for a second job while he was making millions.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
His step-dad said that he has been this exact person since he was 16 and wondered why it took the Steelers so long to figure it out. He also stated that Browns mother was looking for a second job while he was making millions.
Well given Browns history this wouldnt be surprising, but I have to take what family says with a grain of salt. They might be part of the reason he turned out the way he did. Here is an article and a snippet from it

"As Heavy reports, Brown did not get along with his new stepfather, and it eventually led to him being homeless at the age of 16. “My dad was away, my mom had another husband, and that relationship with me didn’t fine-tune very well. As a teenager, I had to live with teammates and kind of find a way for myself,” Brown recalls of scraping by during this time of his life. "

Hard to say what the family life was like growing up and he maybe just a punk, but regardless he is a now messed up individual/

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
Tired of reading all the boohooing on social media about poor AB and how he just needs some help. The dude has access to whatever help he wants. Many have tried and failed. He's been given chance after chance. I'll save my sympathy for people who desperately need help, don't have access to everything he has, and don't continue to spit in the eye of the people who try to help them.

**** AB. Long overdue.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Tired of reading all the boohooing on social media about poor AB and how he just needs some help. The dude has access to whatever help he wants. Many have tried and failed. He's been given chance after chance. I'll save my sympathy for people who desperately need help, don't have access to everything he has, and don't continue to spit in the eye of the people who try to help them.

**** AB. Long overdue.
I agree. This guy is just an egotistical piece of ****. After reading the story about what his step dad said, it all just makes sense. The dude is a prick and uses his athlete status to get chances.

One of these days he’s going to cross paths with a gangster who is not going to give a rats *** if he’s a pro athlete. AB is due for an *** kicking.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Well given Browns history this wouldnt be surprising, but I have to take what family says with a grain of salt. They might be part of the reason he turned out the way he did. Here is an article and a snippet from it

"As Heavy reports, Brown did not get along with his new stepfather, and it eventually led to him being homeless at the age of 16. “My dad was away, my mom had another husband, and that relationship with me didn’t fine-tune very well. As a teenager, I had to live with teammates and kind of find a way for myself,” Brown recalls of scraping by during this time of his life. "

Hard to say what the family life was like growing up and he maybe just a punk, but regardless he is a now messed up individual/
Sounds like he was troubled and became egotistical. Fighting with his younger bro and even abusive towards women.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Did you hear Nate Burleson in the post game. He sounded like T.O,'s wife when she said "T.O. has 2 million reasons to live."
Lol. These people place too much of their well being into dollars and materialism. Yeah I like money too, but that’s to not worry about bills.

Must be nice to sit in a high cushy talk about sports all day job.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

You know what they say about stories? There is two sides to them. It is an interesting spin but I didn't live in that household. It could have played out multiple ways. I had ****** adoptive parents that tried to say I was a problem child, but those problems came from what happened behind closed doors. One was an undiagnosed bipolar manic aggressive lunatic the other a lazy passive watcher that was just happy his aggression wasn't zooming in on her....until I was out of the picture and it switched to her problem. Anywho I left every opportunity I got. The state would always send me back until the court decided to send me away. I later joined the military but it took me a while to shake the rage that dwelled within me. I dunno what I am trying to convey is every situation is different. Perhaps he had some negative things that turned him. And it festered, grew out of control. Or he just was a tool. On the field my empathy is miniscule. You have an opportunity up to you not to blow it. Effect my team then I will have comments sure. AB deserves to be out of the NFL he earned it. But off the field my empathy takes a turn. As I know there is so many things that impact youth. And I also know people lie, even on their children. In the circles I ran I seen too many young deaths. Close friends and even a GF that passed way too early. My hope for anyone troubled can get the help they need even AB. Sure he didn't take advantage. Sometimes the wounded souls don't. Sometimes they take a little longer to come around. Sometimes it simply is too late. Not my job to ultimately judge that man off the field. I just hope that he eventually gets the help he needs. Even if it is for his wife and kids. They deserve stability. I will let God sort out the rest, as it should be.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
There are no excuses for his repeated behavior. If he wanted to get help, he could have. He was supposed to have gotten anger management and other help but apparently he blew that off.

The truth comes out, though. He wasn't on a pitch count. Arians tried to get him to go in the game twice and he refused so Arians told him to get out. AB would have easily made his $1,000,000 bonus by next week. This is all on him. I hope he never plays another down in the NFL. The only reason he is still playing now is because Brady put his neck on the line in NE and again in Tampa. If he doesn't get serious help, I stick by my statement, he will be in jail or dead in 5 years. He is going to hurt someone or hurt himself. That is pretty much a given based on what he already has a pattern of doing.

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Antonio Brown Timeline -- Last 3 Years​

Dec. 2018: Deactivated for Steelers' Week 17 game after reportedly throwing a ball at a teammate in practice
Feb. 2019: Meets with Steelers owner Art Rooney II, says both sides agree to move on
March 2019: Traded by Steelers to Raiders for 3rd- and 5th-round picks
July 2019: Placed on non-football injury list (frostbite on feet from cryotherapy)
Aug. 2019: Missed Raiders training camp practices due to helmet grievances
Sept. 7, 2019: Released from Raiders after Instagram post asking for his release
Sept. 9, 2019: Signed 1-year deal worth up to $15M with Patriots
Sept. 10-16, 2019: Ex-trainer Britney Taylor accuses Brown of sexual assault. Sports Illustrated reports 2nd incident of sexual misconduct
Sept. 20, 2019: Released by Patriots
Jan. 22, 2020: Charged with felony burglary with battery and 2 misdemeanors for incident with moving truck company. Pleaded no contest and did not receive jail time
July 31, 2020: Suspended 8 games for multiple violations of NFL's personal conduct policy
Oct. 27, 2020: Signed 1-year contract with Buccaneers
Feb. 7, 2021: Caught 5 passes, including a TD, as the Buccaneers won Super Bowl LV
May 25, 2021: Re-signed with Buccaneers
Dec. 2, 2021: Suspended 3 games for violating NFL-NFPA COVID-19 protocols. The league and players' union found that Brown was among three players who misrepresented their vaccination statuses
Jan. 2, 2022: Took equipment off and runs off field during game at Jets. Coach Bruce Arians said "he is no longer a Buc"

Lloyds legend

Contributor
Reaction score
I guess I'll be the first to make it all about me.

I should have seen the signs but thought if he were given just one more chance he would surely take advantage of it. I mean Thielen and Godwin had suffered season ending injuries so the opportunity was there. Instead in true AB fashion he couldn't keep his ******* mouth shut and do the job he was being paid to do. So on Sunday, January 3 my fantasy season went the way of AB's career and went right into the toilet. It was the championship, and after cruising through most of the season it was clear that by the end of the early games neither of us would have a "Whole Lotta Money".

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You know what they say about stories? There is two sides to them. It is an interesting spin but I didn't live in that household. It could have played out multiple ways. I had ****** adoptive parents that tried to say I was a problem child, but those problems came from what happened behind closed doors. One was an undiagnosed bipolar manic aggressive lunatic the other a lazy passive watcher that was just happy his aggression wasn't zooming in on her....until I was out of the picture and it switched to her problem. Anywho I left every opportunity I got. The state would always send me back until the court decided to send me away. I later joined the military but it took me a while to shake the rage that dwelled within me. I dunno what I am trying to convey is every situation is different. Perhaps he had some negative things that turned him. And it festered, grew out of control. Or he just was a tool. On the field my empathy is miniscule. You have an opportunity up to you not to blow it. Effect my team then I will have comments sure. AB deserves to be out of the NFL he earned it. But off the field my empathy takes a turn. As I know there is so many things that impact youth. And I also know people lie, even on their children. In the circles I ran I seen too many young deaths. Close friends and even a GF that passed way too early. My hope for anyone troubled can get the help they need even AB. Sure he didn't take advantage. Sometimes the wounded souls don't. Sometimes they take a little longer to come around. Sometimes it simply is too late. Not my job to ultimately judge that man off the field. I just hope that he eventually gets the help he needs. Even if it is for his wife and kids. They deserve stability. I will let God sort out the rest, as it should be.

EXCELENT POST, thank you for sharing and the GREAT wording. Always have had and will continue to have great respect for you SIR.!

Salute the nation