• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Alualu demoted

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I believe Bush is a liability in coverage as well and I'm not convinced Spillane isn't better in this area. He's the all-around better option right now, IMO.
I am not sure but Spillane's reps have been steady Eddie so maybe you both are right. I guess if Bush's reps continue to decline they will feel the same. I still think his speed is better in coverage. Not that I am satisfied with eithers overall body of work.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
It may he a passing league but if you cannot stop the run you are ****** because everything is easy then. Look at the Browns game. They had to commit so much to get a run down to 5 yards that it was all open like 7 Eleven al frigging night.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
. did yall miss this or do you think im a dipshit?
😅 You are fine. I think he was a fringe and got hurt and got hurt and got hurt. There probably was initial thought process that never materialized because he never got to that level they were hoping for.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
It may he a passing league but if you cannot stop the run you are ****** because everything is easy then. Look at the Browns game. They had to commit so much to get a run down to 5 yards that it was all open like 7 Eleven al frigging night.
True. Which is why they need a ILBer who can do both tasks well. Unfortunately we don't have that opposite Mack.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
ok im a dipshit

Very legitimate question about Marcus Allen. I don't know where the hell he is but he should be in there by now. I see Edmonds in pre-season was doing just that, the highbred S/MLB but I don't recall Allen in there at all. Is he on the roster or PS ?

I like your post(s) ....... but "dipshit" is still a later option :rofl: J/K

Salute the nation

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Very legitimate question about Marcus Allen. I don't know where the hell he is but he should be in there by now. I see Edmonds in pre-season was doing just that, the highbred S/MLB but I don't recall Allen in there at all. Is he on the roster or PS ?

I like your post(s) ....... but "dipshit" is still a later option :rofl: J/K

Salute the nation
I believe Allen is more special teams than true ILB… he is a converted safety..

The issue with the ILBs in the cover 2 zone we run is their primary job is coverage… and rbs and Tes are way faster and quicker than they were even 20 years ago… remember eric green? A prototype big, fast 90’s TE? He ran like a 4.8something 40… shannon sharpie was a speedy freak at Te later on and he ran a 4.67 40
Waller over in Las Vegas ran a 4.46 40…fast wr speed… he is like 240 lbs… bigger ilbs that can handle the run game can’t cover these guys, small fast guys are a liability in tackling.. the best strategy is probably to minimize the need for 2 ilbs and just use a full out safety who can tackle…

They were hoping for the best of both worlds with Bush… he just didn’t have what it took…

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I believe Allen is more special teams than true ILB… he is a converted safety..

The issue with the ILBs in the cover 2 zone we run is their primary job is coverage… and rbs and Tes are way faster and quicker than they were even 20 years ago… remember eric green? A prototype big, fast 90’s TE? He ran like a 4.8something 40… shannon sharpie was a speedy freak at Te later on and he ran a 4.67 40
Waller over in Las Vegas ran a 4.46 40…fast wr speed… he is like 240 lbs… bigger ilbs that can handle the run game can’t cover these guys, small fast guys are a liability in tackling.. the best strategy is probably to minimize the need for 2 ilbs and just use a full out safety who can tackle…

They were hoping for the best of both worlds with Bush… he just didn’t have what it took…

Excellent synopsys! Loved Eric Green and at his tie he was very fast for that big a man. You're right about the big man speed this day and age. Kelce / gronk / Waller / Muth even are big and fast + very hard for a DB to tackle. Edmunds seem to do very well but then that was pre-season but would still be giving him a shot here and there. Shazier was that ILB that could both but unfortunately he is no longer playing. Imagin him in there instead of Bush, but alas we have Bush only.

High investment on long term top of the line OL and possibly ILB next draft. Trench war-fare should be the top 4 picks.

Salute the nation