• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

AB wants the ball

chipped ham

Reaction score
Brown definitely wants to produce, but given his overall production, his whining after almost every rare occasion he has an off week from statistical standpoint just comes across as extremely selfish. God forbid a teammate has more targets than him 2-3 games a year.

AJ Green had a relatively quiet game, by his standards, last week as well, but I do not recall him throwing a small hissy fit over it.

I also don't remember Green letting a pass bounce right off his chest. When Brown had the opportunity last Sunday, he, too, didn't do enough. As much as I love AB, I dislike the whining too.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope he gets 20 targets and turns them into 20 catches for 200 plus yards and 4 or 5 TD's. .... ummmm . Maybe 6 TD's. Is that asking/expecting for to much?

With Wheaton back, it will be tough to double cover him. He should have a good game.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I suspect there is too much being read into this. I see it a wee bit differently. AB wants the ball because he really believes he is better than the other guys. He is competitive very much so. He also believes his qb can get him the ball on every play, essentially considering him perfect when it comes to throwing the ball. AB does not quit on routes as some others have. I do not see this as a distraction anymore than when John Stalworth did it. Yeah that John Stalworth. HE was disappointed after a win because he only had one catch. Someone said John we won the game would you rather catch more balls or win. His reply was I would like to think we could do both.

I think this is being over played by the media. I think this is just AB being competitive and Ben knows that all the good receivers think they are open all the time. I think it shows nothing more than competitive attitudes from both players and a good attitude from the other players involved.

Great post

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Great post

You know what? If Stallworth said that then I think it is as bad as when Brown said it. Talk to Ben privately with your issues. Not to a reporter. Just my thoughts.

chipped ham

Reaction score
I also don't remember Green letting a pass bounce right off his chest. When Brown had the opportunity last Sunday, he, too, didn't do enough. As much as I love AB, I dislike the whining too.

I recant my statement. Green just had a huge drop against Denver. **** him anyway.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
AB got the ball!!!! Yay!!!!

**** anyone who was concerned with that!

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score

mdk2

Reaction score
Ben was definitely targeting him early today and missed some wide open guys in the mean time. AB and his best buddy, DJ Khalid can go snapchat about their big day today though.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Well Diva boy got the ball and we lost.

chipped ham

Reaction score
Ben was definitely targeting him early today and missed some wide open guys in the mean time. AB and his best buddy, DJ Khalid can go snapchat about their big day today though.

Unfortunately, the other guys couldn't be counted on today. Wheaton's drop, and the subsequent blocked field goal, changed the entire complexion.