• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

A 4.61? No thanks.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
I know Jerry Rice only ran 4.7 but still, I don't know man. Rice is the extreme exception.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Look up the thread we have on him. He has solid playing speed. I would cut my eyelids off in round 2 for him.
They mention "combat catches." Sounds like little separation to me. Not sure.

Stewey

Reaction score
They mention "combat catches." Sounds like little separation to me. Not sure.
Combat catches sounds like the complete opposite of separation.
Sounds like both players are in the same place at the same time battling for the ball, and this guy wins more often than not.

I guess I'll take that.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I think it is awesome when people take one measurable (like 40 time) and want to write off a prospect

straight line speed is not the best measure of a WRs ability to get open even get open deep.

The reason I pimp UH players is that I have seen all of their games as Coogs. I am not going to bash kid for a low end 40 time if I've never seen his game film and not just highlights, full game film

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it is awesome when people take one measurable (like 40 time) and want to write off a prospect

straight line speed is not the best measure of a WRs ability to get open even get open deep.

The reason I pimp UH players is that I have seen all of their games as Coogs. I am not going to bash kid for a low end 40 time if I've never seen his game film and not just highlights, full game film

Coolie, you've been pretty spot on with the Coogs pimpiN, You know your ****.

I've always questioned, the 40 yard dash time as being relevant or not. I've always wanted the players dressed in full uniform and given a 40 yard sprint with 2 turns (sort of a "Z" pattern) type run.

Salute the nation

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Coolie, you've been pretty spot on with the Coogs pimpiN, You know your ****.

I've always questioned,
the 40 yard dash time as being relevant or not. I've always wanted the players dressed in full uniform and given a 40 yard sprint with 2 turns (sort of a "Z" pattern) type run.

Salute the nation
You're going to give him a swelled head

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Combat catches doesn't necessarily mean lack of separation. Poor throws and double coverage can challenge a receiver.

I'm not sure Coleman will be around after day one. If he, McConkey, Franklin, Mitchell, Leggett, Pearsall and Wison are all there in the second round, I'm guessing the Steelers wait until the run on these guys begin. If three of them go quickly in round two, I really believe the front office moves up, I'd be surprised if they sit and wait.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Combat catches doesn't necessarily mean lack of separation. Poor throws and double coverage can challenge a receiver.

I'm not sure Coleman will be around after day one. If he, McConkey, Franklin, Mitchell, Leggett, Pearsall and Wison are all there in the second round, I'm guessing the Steelers wait until the run on these guys begin. If three of them go quickly in round two, I really believe the front office moves up, I'd be surprised if they sit and wait.
McConkey would look great in the B&G

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Rice was also considered a bust his rookie year because he dropped so many passes. Not quite as large a percentage as the infamous Limas but bad enough that 49er fans were booing him. His production was bad and he was dropping balls while he was wide open.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Rice was also considered a bust his rookie year because he dropped so many passes. Not quite as large a percentage as the infamous Limas but bad enough that 49er fans were booing him. His production was bad and he was dropping balls while he was wide open.
What? How many did he drop? Because he caught 49 for 18.9 ypc. A bust? Bad production?

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
What? How many did he drop? Because he caught 49 for 18.9 ypc. A bust? Bad production?
Through his first 9 games, he had 22 receptions I believe. They didn't keep stats in those days regarding dropped passes but I read somewhere that he had at least 10 drops during that stretch.

The reason I looked it up is I moved out here and would see the 49ers and Raiders all the time. Rice came into the league and decided to wear gloves because he liked the look on other 49er receivers but got rid of them once he had issues holding onto the ball. His yards per catch were good during that stretch but he was dropping key passes, the 49ers were 5 and 5 I think but there was discontent with the team and their 1st round pick among the chardonnay class.

Never said he "was" a bust but he got off to a rough start.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Wrs before the 2000's or real late 90's were not expected to be good as rookies. these days the passing game is wide open so having a guy who can run limited packages is fine... a long time ago, when i played tge archaic versions of fantasy football... you never drafted a rookie wr... they were all garbage