• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2019 NBA Playoffs

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta hand it to the Raptors, I thought the Bucks would beat them handily. Kawhi is amazing.

That said, I got the Warriors in 5, 6 if the Raptors have a ton of breaks go their way.

Vader

Reaction score
i completely disagree with everything said in your statement (especially the "zero excitement" nonsense) but hey, if that's your opinion, that's your opinion.

Yes, it's exciting to see one team dominant a sport while playing teams that wouldn't make the playoffs 20 years ago.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
drake is just drake he wont cool if KD comes back there will be a lot aMMO DRAKE WILL GIVE HIM. which someone needs to tell drake stfu

tjack

Forefather
Reaction score
Dr. J is my favorite player ever. Loved him when I was a kid. Mo Cheeks, Moses Malone...that team was badass. But Phuck Filly.

I had a big Dr.J poster dunking the basketball that covered my entire bedroom door when I was a kid. Had to cut a piece of the poster out to fit the around the door knob. That 1983 Sixers squad was on a mission.

tjack

Forefather
Reaction score
My team has always been the hawks though. Excited for the future with a couple of promising youngsters.
All that said....

A couple of weeks back I was pulling for the Hawks' to get the Number Draft pick. I know they had a 10% chance of getting it but NOLA got it with a 6% chance. When it happen all I could say was C-O-N-spiracy? Zion Williamson would have set the Hawks up to become the next destination city for young NBA players trying to build a Super Friends All-Star Team.

Reactions: MTC

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, it's exciting to see one team dominant a sport while playing teams that wouldn't make the playoffs 20 years ago.

Yeah thank goodness the Celtics and Lakers didnt do that in the 80's or the Bulls in the 90's, that wouldve really sucked *rolls eyes*

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
A couple of weeks back I was pulling for the Hawks' to get the Number Draft pick. I know they had a 10% chance of getting it but NOLA got it with a 6% chance. When it happen all I could say was C-O-N-spiracy? Zion Williamson would have set the Hawks up to become the next destination city for young NBA players trying to build a Super Friends All-Star Team.

One can dream, but Zion with Young and Huerter would be a fun, young and hungry group.
Regardless, I’m excited for this era of Hawks basketball

Vader

Reaction score
Yeah thank goodness the Celtics and Lakers didnt do that in the 80's or the Bulls in the 90's, that wouldve really sucked *rolls eyes*

At least those teams had challenges along the way. The Lakers had to play 3, 7 game series to win it one year. The Celtics had to battle against the 76ers with Dr. J. and Detroit with Thomas. Also you have this:

75: Golden State
76: Boston
77: Portland
78: Washington
79: Seattle
80: Lakers
81: Boston
82: Lakers
83. Philly

You never see that today. Yes, in the late 80s and most of the 90s you had a couple of dominant teams. But you hardly ever had one team that nobody could touch. You had San Antonio, Detroit and Chicago wining titles. Now you have Golden State and then nothing. The players now move to form all star teams.

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
At least those teams had challenges along the way. The Lakers had to play 3, 7 game series to win it one year. The Celtics had to battle against the 76ers with Dr. J. and Detroit with Thomas. Also you have this:

75: Golden State
76: Boston
77: Portland
78: Washington
79: Seattle
80: Lakers
81: Boston
82: Lakers
83. Philly

You never see that today. Yes, in the late 80s and most of the 90s you had a couple of dominant teams. But you hardly ever had one team that nobody could touch. You had San Antonio, Detroit and Chicago wining titles. Now you have Golden State and then nothing. The players now move to form all star teams.

*shrugs* I dunno, I guess this generation of basketball players are all about being buddy-buddy with their fellow all stars? It's still awesome to me.

Vader

Reaction score
*shrugs* I dunno, I guess this generation of basketball players are all about being buddy-buddy with their fellow all stars? It's still awesome to me.

Sucks for me. I like watching competition not a cake walk. I'd rather watch hockey or paint dry.

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
Sucks for me. I like watching competition not a cake walk. I'd rather watch hockey or paint dry.

Ok. Good to know.

Anyway, looking forward to game 1 tmrw night. Until just now, I'd forgotten that game 1 was in Toronto with them having HCA.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Used to love watching the Lake Show and Celts, 6ers, Bulls, Pistons back in the day. But this is hard for me to watch. Players traveling - no call. Block that was a charge. They all carry/palm the ball anymore. I'd rather watch college ball now.

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
Used to love watching the Lake Show and Celts, 6ers, Bulls, Pistons back in the day. But this is hard for me to watch. Players traveling - no call. Block that was a charge. They all carry/palm the ball anymore. I'd rather watch college ball now.

huh? magic johnson made a career out of palming the ball, players have been doing that for literally decades

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
well that was a pretty incredible game 1, didn't expect toronto to go off like that. but, truth be told, i still have the warriors winning; i think that will be the worst we see golden state play in this series, and the best that we'll see toronto play. no way pascal siakam is going to run off 11-straight made baskets again this series, if even his entire career. golden state was lazy on their switches on defense, and i have no idea what kerr was thinking, starting jordan bell, bell is their weakest link IMO, especially on defense.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
1 win away from making history

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
gotta tip my hat to toronto, they far exceeded my expectations this postseason. if someone had to slay the golden state dynasty, i'm glad it's them.

oh, and **** that front-running attention ***** drake

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats, Raptors and Raptors fans! Champions!

Wow....not sure I ever expected the Toronto Raptors to ever be NBA Champs in my lifetime, and I'm 37 lol

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Not a fan of Golden State, but tough to watch them losing when losing KD and Thompson to significant injuries. Either way, cool for Toronto to win their first championship

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
cant wait tfor the parade this city went bokers last night it was bigger than the carter homerun the turn out

tjack

Forefather
Reaction score
Congrats to the Raptors for the NBA Title. You earned it and don't let those haters say they need to add an * to your title because of the Warriors injuries.

Now I was cool with all the Post game comments coming from Kawhi and his Teammates in the interviews. Nobody took any shots at the San Antonio Spurs. Then came today's parade video stream from Fred Van Fleet's phone and someone saying "It wasn't like this in SA, huh? F--k Pop,".

Wow, you're welcome Toronto, stay classy...

https://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/s...ayer-posts-expletive-laced-video-14006590.php

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats to the Raptors for the NBA Title. You earned it and don't let those haters say they need to add an * to your title because of the Warriors injuries.

Now I was cool with all the Post game comments coming from Kawhi and his Teammates in the interviews. Nobody took any shots at the San Antonio Spurs. Then came today's parade video stream from Fred Van Fleet's phone and someone saying "It wasn't like this in SA, huh? F--k Pop,".

Wow, you're welcome Toronto, stay classy...

https://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/s...ayer-posts-expletive-laced-video-14006590.php

How did I miss that??? LOL the Raptors just cursed themselves - never to win it again...

Steelmann

Reaction score
**** Canada!

Just saw this a little late. As a good Canadian of course I take a little exception. I won’t take as long as a stroke to say **** America,as I have many great American friends. But my immaturity will shine through as I say β€œ**** you too Correa”and To Pitt Charlie for agreeing