• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2019-20 Penguins and NHL Offseason

Vader

Reaction score
Horrible horrible horrible. Down 3-0 after the 1st period to the caps at home. How many odd man breaks can you give up in a game? Bad defense, no offense (6 shots), and terrible communication. This team is horrible right now.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, about 3 mins to go in the 2nd and the Pens have 9 shots. Watching the XFL now.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Well so much for getting your **** together. They just don't have that "eye of the tiger". Glad I didn't have to shell out.money to see half ***.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
And a short handed goal given up. The new trend.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Shameful. Way too much talent to have this.

Vader

Reaction score
They’re scared of the caps.
Grown men afraid of physicality. In Pittsburgh of all cities

That's why the trades made no sense to me. Their problem is physical teams. They won't make it by the caps in the playoffs or any other team that has more physical players. Right now I'm not sure they'd beat Detroit in a 7 game series.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
They are what they are. A slow, finesse team that can’t seem to play defense and has no goaltending. Add to it that they have a coach that seems to be in love with players that add nothing and constantly scratches players that can actually help, and this is what you get. It appears that this team over-performed for a large portion of the season.

Personally speaking, if they can’t pull it together and start playing quality hockey, I hope they miss the playoffs. Rather that than bullshit your way in and get embarrassed in round one.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
My enthusiastic expectations have dropped down from this team has a shot,to this team may miss the playoffs altogether. The lame goaltending and a defense that is just laughable at times. Fatally flawed

Uncle Ben

Reaction score
Wife and I purchased a charity bag. I had more fun talking hockey while waiting in line than at the actual game. Cool thing and a small detail but the Pens passed out doughnuts to those of us in line early. Didn't get a jersey and our signed puck was Matt Murray. The 3rd jersey bobble-heads are nice.

The caps play such a cheap dirty brand of hockey. Wilson is an ******* and the Pens spend most of the time worried about him. So much happens behind the puck, I'm amazed that it doesn't get called. The Pens have absolutely no answer for it. This was probably the most important game of the season and the Pens laid an egg.

str8liner

Reaction score
I worked all day and DVR'd the game thank goodness. Won't bother watching....

Remember what I said awhile back about seeing what this team will do against the East? Everyone was crowning their ***** after they spent most of the season beating the Western teams that are nowhere near the East IMO.

If you happen to catch the game last night between the Bruins and the Lightning both those teams would put half of the Pens on IR after a 7 game series that would most likely only go 4 games. That game last night made what the Caps are doing look like the all star game.

That being said I still don't understand where the game they were playing few months back went, and why it went there...

So disappointing.

Vader

Reaction score
I worked all day and DVR'd the game thank goodness. Won't bother watching....

Remember what I said awhile back about seeing what this team will do against the East? Everyone was crowning their ***** after they spent most of the season beating the Western teams that are nowhere near the East IMO.

If you happen to catch the game last night between the Bruins and the Lightning both those teams would put half of the Pens on IR after a 7 game series that would most likely only go 4 games. That game last night made what the Caps are doing look like the all star game.

That being said I still don't understand where the game they were playing few months back went, and why it went there...

So disappointing.

I think you answered your own question. They were playing western teams in the middle of the year. Now it's crunch time and they are playing eastern teams trying to win the division. They are a soft team. Getting rid of those core players a few years ago killed this team. They aren't the fastest team anymore and they have no physical players outside of Tanev who isn't big. When the playoffs start the Pens will be one and done again this year.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Wife and I purchased a charity bag. I had more fun talking hockey while waiting in line than at the actual game. Cool thing and a small detail but the Pens passed out doughnuts to those of us in line early. Didn't get a jersey and our signed puck was Matt Murray. The 3rd jersey bobble-heads are nice.

The caps play such a cheap dirty brand of hockey. Wilson is an ******* and the Pens spend most of the time worried about him. So much happens behind the puck, I'm amazed that it doesn't get called. The Pens have absolutely no answer for it. This was probably the most important game of the season and the Pens laid an egg.

I wish we had someone with could beat the ever loving dogshit out of Wilson. Unfortunately we don't have anyone remotely close

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Pens 1/6 on the PP so far today. Gotta be better than that. On the plus side Marleau got his first as a Penguin.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTT.

That’s all I got.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I'm watching a footbal life...Chuck Noll...haha.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Wow down 4-2 after being up 2-1. Just getting their *** handed to them every game now. Bad teams stomp them,good teams stomp them. This ship is taking on a lot of water and listing heavily.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow down 4-2 after being up 2-1. Just getting their *** handed to them every game now. Bad teams stomp them,good teams stomp them. This ship is taking on a lot of water and listing heavily.

I think it is safe to say they are done. No fight in them at all. Something stinks, and it isn’t the trades. Would love to know how you go from being contenders to this in a span of 2-3 weeks.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it is safe to say they are done. No fight in them at all. Something stinks, and it isn’t the trades. Would love to know how you go from being contenders to this in a span of 2-3 weeks.

I think Sullivan has lost this team.
Thought yesterday was bad, there is no heart today.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I think Sullivan has lost this team.
Thought yesterday was bad, there is no heart today.

You might be on to something. He ripped the team when they lost the back half of a home and gone to Toronto. It’s been all downhill since. Kinda late to fire the coach with the playoffs so close, but at this point would it really hurt anything. In my view it can’t get much worse.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
We have no defense, no forecheck, no powerplay, no game in the neutral zone. Other than that we are OK.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
You might be on to something. He ripped the team when they lost the back half of a home and gone to Toronto. It’s been all downhill since. Kinda late to fire the coach with the playoffs so close, but at this point would it really hurt anything. In my view it can’t get much worse.

There’s a possibility he can get axed now.
The nhl is a cruel sport to coaches. I liked the guy. He was crucial to the cup wins.

But the “play the game” mantra only carries so far when players end up on his **** list and he refuses to carry physical players on his roster.

I can see this team missing the playoffs and going through some serious changes. Crosby/Malkin are lifers, time to move on from Letang

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Look back at the schedule. They were rolling. Lost the 2nd Toronto game and Sully ripped them in the media. Won two games since. He very well may have lost the room.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
If I had to guess I'd say locker room mutiny. It doesn't add up to anything but that. You don't all of a sudden suck after rolling. I suppose the coach has run his course.

Reactions: JMM