• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2018-19 Penguins and NHL Offseason

Uncle Ben

Reaction score
Phil is staying. I think anyone of great value is staying. So get some speed back,retool the thing and squeeze one more cup out.

Those are my dreams anyway.

I like your dreams.

Speed isn't enough anymore. Everyone copied the Pens recipe and got fast. The new trend seems to be big guys that are fast but physical. Both St. Louis and Boston look like this. I'm amazed at the 2 way play of St. Louis.

My dream is finding Malkin a solid winger, dumping Jack Johnson and probably Maatta. Then Phil finds a defensive conscience (even a little one). This team can't stay the same and expect better results. I'm looking forward to seeing what moves are going to be made at the draft. Rutherford said he was going to make changes and I can;t wait to see what he has in mind.

Reactions: MTC

Uncle Ben

Reaction score
With David Ortiz being shot and flown to Boston for medical treatment, the Blues are done! I'm not trying to be a dick, but the Bruins would be idiots not to show him/Boston Strong on the big screen to hype that crowd up into an absolute frenzy. Bye Blues, you had a really nice showing in the SCF. Almost.

If they do that tomorrow, I'm going to bed early. I don't expect a Blues win. Then again, I've been wrong on a bunch of hockey this year. Go Blues !

Uncle Ben

Reaction score
My prediction?

After tonight the season is over

;)

I'm glad it will be over. The draft next week and July 1st Free Agency starts the roll for next year. GMJR has his work cut out for him !

Reactions: JMM

str8liner

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling the Blues missed their chance at a Cup in game 6. Hopefully I am wrong tonight.....

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I have a bad feeling the Blues missed their chance at a Cup in game 6. Hopefully I am wrong tonight.....

I think the Blues were pressing too hard to try and do too much in front of the home crowd. Hopefully they regroup and pepper the hell out of Rask rather than try to make the perfect shot and the Bruins feel the pressure to win at home.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
And somehow the Blues lead 1-0. Thoroughly outplayed, and lead 1-0. Hope they can score 3-4 more.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
2-0 Blues. Binnington is the difference right now. Bruins were all over STL and couldn’t cash in. Binnington has sparkled so far.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
one more for STL and it would give a little breathing room. They are close. Playing well in the 3rd.

Vader

Reaction score
I can't say how great the Blues have played so far. The goalie has been absolutely dominant. 3 goal lead with a little over 7 minutes left.

Uncle Ben

Reaction score
Forwards playing defense what a novel concept. St. Louis is so disciplined on defense.

Uncle Ben

Reaction score
I can't say how great the Blues have played so far. The goalie has been absolutely dominant. 3 goal lead with a little over 7 minutes left.

Binnington has been strong since January. He is a big reason for their success.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Gloria gonna be blasting out of every radio in St. Louis tonight. 4-0