• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2016 NFL Draft

deljzc

Reaction score
It was solid. I still think we could have traded back with Denver and maybe still picked up Burns. And I think there were some good players after available as well.

But that is not how Tombert works. They identify what they like, eliminate A LOT of players we all have on our boards, and when the pick comes up are very dedicated to their big board.

Burns has played a lot of snaps and he's done very well given his opportunity. It's not perfect, but he has certainly done better than many. And a year like this can really be a building block to something great. We'll see if he can keep everything in perspective, continue to grow as a professional athlete and man, and then come back and deliver a sophomore season better than the first. All indications are he has a good head on his shoulders and he's grounded.

I was never against him as a prospect. Saw some good things on film. Always though 1.25 was a little high and I probably will forever. But I'm glad he's in the fold.

As a reminder, I would have traded back (stated that officially as "what I would have done"). And picked Burns (if available) or Henry (the TE), which I think I would be very happy with. Henry really flashed in San Diego at times and I have strong doubts about the availability of Green (not as big a fan of the signing as many here).

Sean Davis was my 2nd round pick as well. Agreed with the selection and VERY glad to see him get rookie of the year for the Steelers. I really like what he brings athletically, although I thought he could play some corner and the Steelers seem very strong on developing him as a safety. No problem with that after picking Burns. He's got a good future here.

This is very typical Steelers. Wait a year or two too late on a position, but then when they are really forced to pick it, they do pretty decent (even if the value isn't there). They did it on linebackers. They did it on offensive line.

Overall, it's a good draft. Colbert concentrates on the first four rounds and he delivered NFL players. We'll see if they are good enough to get us where we need to go.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
in fairness, i came back on later that night and apologized for my remarks about Colbert's mother. but yeah, at the time, i wasn't pleased.

That **** was funny as hell