• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2016-2017 Pens----Still with 100% more Kessel

Spike

Reaction score
Sharks / Pens tonight!

did I mention the free pass Center Ice will last til Nov2?

I think I'll listen to the Sharks broadcast, should be fun

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Whew! Fun game
A lot of injuries. Maatta and Pouliot. To win down to 4 defensemen is damn good
The team looked a bit undisciplined. The no goal call when Hornqvist tapped it in with his glove kinda felt like how these past few days have been.

Credit the guys for digging deep and hustling for the puck. Happy to see Wilson get one in. Good win

Spike

Reaction score
Well that was a gift win! - Sharks owned them till the last 10 min

Call up more young legs - we got nobody left

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Strange game. Good win.

The Pens had sloppy sticks for two and a half periods. Nice way to end an evening.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
The Pens have had sloppy sticks all season. I don't know what that **** was for the first 45 minutes. They were all turn over machines, tripping over the ice, falling down, missing passes and as Spike said, getting owned. Then they turned it on for 10 or 15 minutes and BS'd a win. Somehow.

Not sure what it is, but this team is missing something. They seem slow and largely disinterested to this point. Very weird, like there is no passion. Maybe when Sid gets back, I don't know. But they just seem off so far this season. Maybe a little cup hangover.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Hags and Horny are still playing fast and brings it every shift. I think the team goes all out, but are not pushing that extra gear we saw in the PO. Only 7 games in to a very long season. I'm not too worried now. We will get Sid back soon(hopefully), but the injuries are piling up. I also think the competition are trying to match our speed. They know our game now and are trying to counteract it with hitting and speed. We'll be fine. We certainly have the talent. Loved last night's game. That was a determined team to take it from SJ.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Hags and Horny are still playing fast and brings it every shift. I think the team goes all out, but are not pushing that extra gear we saw in the PO. Only 7 games in to a very long season. I'm not too worried now. We will get Sid back soon(hopefully), but the injuries are piling up. I also think the competition are trying to match our speed. They know our game now and are trying to counteract it with hitting and speed. We'll be fine. We certainly have the talent. Loved last night's game. That was a determined team to take it from SJ.

The Pens woke up and brought it mid 3rd. After that Wilson goal you can see they fought. Injuries are killer, but they held up well agaisnt a good Sharks team

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Scott Wilson with a good feed by Hornqvist. Pens forecheck is aggressive. Kessel had a golden opportunity. ****

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
5-1 Preds. Bad defense and flat flat hockey. Ouch!
End of 2nd period

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
MTC's thoughts about the Preds game
-Uninspired hockey by the Pens
-Fleury has been playing great, the defense let him down this one
-The Pens looked to start off so good, but stopped the aggressive forechecking after the goal
-Sestito? Why is he on the team? it's early, so I think Sullivan has a few tricks up his sleeve when crunch time happens
-Still sucks to see lazy hockey. But oh well. Cheers and Let's Go Pens!

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
The Pens definitely miss Sid's on ice leadership.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The Pens definitely miss Sid's on ice leadership.

They miss his presence no doubt. It opens up more room for Malkin, Kessel, Hornqvist, etc
I think the biggest factor was Letang. He plays a lot of minutes, I like Daley and Cole, but they are not the ones needed to move the puck like Letang can

And in all honesty, the defense is missing Lovejoy under Sullivan's system. I thought Maatta would catch on. But he's not clicking

Spike

Reaction score
They are going through the motions till the playoffs - call me back in 3 months

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
We may be seeing our Captain tonight.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

He's skating and full contact practices. I'm buying into your theory that he was just being rested. If he returns tonight or a month from now, I think his presence will help out Sheary and Hornqvist and allow the other lines to not get the best of the opposition. Sullivan is a smart guy. I don't expect him to show a lot this early in the season. Like Spike said, come crunch time hockey. I expect to see the W's

Spike

Reaction score

yay

Crosby on track to make season debut tonight

Yesterday, Sidney Crosby participated in a full-contact practice.

Today, it appears he’ll make his season debut when the Penguins host the Panthers tonight in Pittsburgh.

“He had a strong practice this morning,” head coach Mike Sullivan said, per the club. “Everything is pointing in the right direction. If he’s comfortable, he could play.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/10/25/crosby-on-track-to-make-season-debut-tonight/