• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What about Jhonny Wilson

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
under 6"7 240 4.5 huge catch RADIUS GOOD ROUTE RUNNER HAS A KNACK FOR MAKING CRAZY CONTESTED CATCHES JUST LIKE PICKENS, COULD BE A BURRESS TYPE #2 OR SIMILAR TO HIGGINS BOTH JUST UNDER 4.6.

FO Says they don't want to go C and RT back to back or vice versa, with Jackson Powers' stock rising I was thinking of taking Mins rnd 1, rnd 2 WR if Worthy or Mitchell fall or CB 3a C Van Prann 3 B WR Wilson/ILB Trottier

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
under 6"7 240 4.5 huge catch RADIUS GOOD ROUTE RUNNER HAS A KNACK FOR MAKING CRAZY CONTESTED CATCHES JUST LIKE PICKENS, COULD BE A BURRESS TYPE #2 OR SIMILAR TO HIGGINS BOTH JUST UNDER 4.6.

FO Says they don't want to go C and RT back to back or vice versa, with Jackson Powers' stock rising I was thinking of taking Mins rnd 1, rnd 2 WR if Worthy or Mitchell fall or CB 3a C Van Prann 3 B WR Wilson/ILB Trottier
3B doesn't sound horrific. I will have to glue in closer to see why he initially wasn't on my radar.

I think if they don't go WR in 1 then the position ends up being a round 3 pickup for sure.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
rnd 4 I don't mind that possession receivers can make contested catches just a taller but slightly slower Mike Williams without the injuries. his highlights for the kid made some incredible catches in traffic

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score

I think he translates to TE IMO...

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
well, Jumppool is still a FA ... believe it or not

Poobah

Reaction score
FO Says they don't want to go C and RT back to back or vice versa,

Curious, where did you see this? I don't recall anyone in the org stating this (though I could well have missed)

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Lol we took claypool in the second round in 2020... he had a monster rookie season, whod have thunk that in 2024 we would have two 2020 2nd round wrs on the roster, and Claypool wouldnt be one of em🤣
Still one of the oddest collapses that I remember that wasn't attached to injury. That guy should be lighting it up in the NFL with his athleticism.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
ClayPUFF was soft, not mentally strong and felt entitled to a catch. Never wanted to contest or combat catch. Then his Modeling Career took off and from that point on he just wanted to look good and be coddled.

I guess he didn’t run to Mama and cry in her lap though………………..

Salute the nation

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Curious, where did you see this? I don't recall anyone in the org stating this (though I could well have missed)
It was something a couple insiders said on various chats or radio programs... that their sources said tgey werent looking to go back to back on the OL... i hope its just speculation

Poobah

Reaction score
It was something a couple insiders said on various chats or radio programs... that their sources said tgey werent looking to go back to back on the OL... i hope its just speculation
got it, thanks.
I don't know why they would be adverse - they have two big OL needs. If the board falls out that way, then you fill two needs with BPA. that is win win to me. Of course, they created a huge need at WR when they traded DJ so they have that hole to fill as well. I would not be upset if they got RT, OC and WR in the first three picks no matter the order the board plays out. That said, I do think they will prioritize tackle over center.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
claypool went to the is a high priority for the CFL saskatchewan Roughriders, close to home west coast canada

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
got it, thanks.
I don't know why they would be adverse - they have two big OL needs. If the board falls out that way, then you fill two needs with BPA. that is win win to me. Of course, they created a huge need at WR when they traded DJ so they have that hole to fill as well. I would not be upset if they got RT, OC and WR in the first three picks no matter the order the board plays out. That said, I do think they will prioritize tackle over center.
I would prefer they go BPA. The thing is I know they usually go BPA of need.

But when you created greater needs in three areas then prioritize them in the draft I wonder if that just becomes a more of a reach than a drafting for the BPA element...

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
got it, thanks.
There's also this...

Based on Pro Day or Pre-Draft visits, they seem to be focused on RT or CB. Here's some potential first-round options who may be available at 20:

OT: Taliese Fuaga, Amarius Mims, JC Latham
CB: Nate Wiggins, Terrion Arnold, Kool-Aid McKinstry

There's also a lot of round 2-4 WRs, DL, and CBs on the list as well, IMO.

Poobah

Reaction score

But when you created greater needs in three areas then prioritize them in the draft I wonder if that just becomes a more of a reach than a drafting for the BPA element...
I believe both roster need and player ranking must be taken into account with the emphasis on player rank. Todays FA and contract environment (high dollar adn short term deals) mean roster needs in draft can't be ignored. The other extreme would be that you end up with 3 guys in the same position in a draft because they were BPA when you picked. If you pick WR in the 20th, are you going to pick a WR in the second just cuz that is your higest rated player when your next pick shows up? Another hypothetical...what if the your best rated player when you pick in the second or third is an RB but you still have not filled a hole at OC or WR? More, what if your highest rated OC is seven or eight slots lower than the RB? You can't ignore roster needs completely. Granted, you have to have some sanity/guardrails around it. Nobody wants to see a Troy Edwards type pick again.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score

Most teams have more than 1 need and if you have 3-4 major holes and highly rated guys are available even if they are not BPA I do not consider that a reach

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Most teams have more than 1 need and if you have 3-4 major holes and highly rated guys are available even if they are not BPA I do not consider that a reach

A reach was Friermuth over Creed Humphrys, that was a reach.

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
There's also this...

Based on Pro Day or Pre-Draft visits, they seem to be focused on RT or CB. Here's some potential first-round options who may be available at 20:

OT: Taliese Fuaga, Amarius Mims, JC Latham
CB: Nate Wiggins, Terrion Arnold, Kool-Aid McKinstry

There's also a lot of round 2-4 WRs, DL, and CBs on the list as well, IMO.

Amarius Mims?