• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

We go OG with so much need at CB, WR?

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Great measurables except for an average forty. Heavily recruited out of high school and played his first two years with Ohio State. Played more and better as a junior at Texas, disappointing senior season. Seems like a project with a lot of upside potential based on pedigree and measurables.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
You have a 2% chance of finding a quality starter in the sixth round...
I just think its not that big a deal who we take after the 4th round... if they work out, great.. if not... well most dont

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
YOU came up with "plug and play" parameters not me.

When 448 says you are anything you can lock in that you are being annoying as hell. It takes a **** load for the guy to ever tell anyone about themselves. Instead of carrying on why don’t you learn to tone down the bitching and complaining. Most of it seems to be you being short sighted. The draft isn’t the final episode of talent acquisition. Every year every pick will come with their positives and concerns. Every year they will take someone you and me didn’t initially target and some we did. It isn’t that you have a once in a while concern it is you have a **** load of them. This team has it’s fair share of issues best you learn to cope with those a little better.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
When 448 says you are anything you can lock in that you are being annoying as hell. It takes a **** load for the guy to ever tell anyone about themselves. Instead of carrying on why don’t you learn to tone down the bitching and complaining. Most of it seems to be you being short sighted. The draft isn’t the final episode of talent acquisition. Every year every pick will come with their positives and concerns. Every year they will take someone you and me didn’t initially target and some we did. It isn’t that you have a once in a while concern it is you have a **** load of them. This team has it’s fair share of issues best you learn to cope with those a little better.
I need to learn to toot the noodle!

F83

Forefather
Reaction score

Stewey

Reaction score
Great measurables except for an average forty. Heavily recruited out of high school and played his first two years with Ohio State. Played more and better as a junior at Texas, disappointing senior season. Seems like a project with a lot of upside potential based on pedigree and measurables.

I could understand how a QB or any skill player may go from being very good in his junior year to a disappointment his senior year, but a grunt offensive lineman?
Barring injuries or playing hurt, seems there's only 2 ways he can go, stay being good or get even better.

Or maybe he got lazy. Not a good look though if he aspired to play in the NFL.

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, you might be the only person on the planet who doesn't like what they did this weekend. They didn't draft who you wanted, get over it already. Ten posts about the same **** won't change it. You finding a needle in the haystack guy here and there is funny though.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Dude, you might be the only person on the planet who doesn't like what they did this weekend. They didn't draft who you wanted, get over it already. Ten posts about the same **** won't change it. You finding a needle in the haystack guy here and there is funny though.
which is why his threads got combined

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I could understand how a QB or any skill player may go from being very good in his junior year to a disappointment his senior year, but a grunt offensive lineman?
Barring injuries or playing hurt, seems there's only 2 ways he can go, stay being good or get even better.

Or maybe he got lazy. Not a good look though if he aspired to play in the NFL.
He was talking about Ryan Watts, the DB from Texas.

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
Great move considering Herbig and Daniels have one year left on their contracts. Always have to have a backup plan and who knows could end up starting this year?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
AB didnt do much his rookie year. didnt he have a helmet catch against the Ravens?

That helmet catch was a ESPN highlight real only for AB, he was more worried about the high lite than the actual gamE. That catch could have easily been turned into a TD.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Great move considering Herbig and Daniels have one year left on their contracts. Always have to have a backup plan and who knows could end up starting this year?

Also, he played at SDSU (South Dakota State University) which happens to be two years running FCS Champions.

Salute the nation