• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ware breaks his Arm

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...cus-ware-suffers-ulna-fracture-in-broncos-win

Sunday's victory over the Indianapolis Colts could be a costly one for the Denver Broncos.

Star pass rusher DeMarcus Ware suffered an ulna fracture near his elbow, coach Gary Kubiak revealed after the game. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports Ware to miss at least three weeks. He will undergo further tests.

Ware had split a sack with Von Miller earlier in the game, thrusting him into sole possession of ninth place in NFL history with 136.5 career sacks. He now has 19.5 quarterback takedowns in 28 regular-season games with the Broncos.

Fortunately for defensive boss Wade Phillips, he has acquired enough depth to withstand an extended absence from the nine-time Pro Bowl selection. Shaq Barrett and 2015 first-round draft pick Shane Ray are two of the league's most productive substitute edge rushers, and Dekoda Watson was a preseason sensation last month.

With or without their defensive captain, the Broncos will travel to Cincinnati and Tampa Bay in the next two weeks.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
3 weeks my ***. If it's a fracture, try 8 or 9.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
3 weeks my ***. If it's a fracture, try 8 or 9.

Depends on the type of fracture, where it is located, whether or not it is comminuted, etc. If it is non-comminuted and instead more of a hairline fracture, those can heal in a few weeks. The issue is, of course, that the player cannot exercise that arm as he would without the fracture, so if he returns after 3-4 weeks, right after the fracture heals, the arm is going to be much weaker than normal.

awboatguy

Reaction score
If treated properly, then ulna fractures typically heal in 6 to 8 weeks for adults and 4 to 6 weeks in children. RELATED COMPLICATIONS. Failure of the fracture to heal (nonunion).
Healing of the fracture in a poor position.

I learned something. Thank you WebMD!

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Boat is right, 6-8 is normal for a fracture, including hairline fractures. A break at a joint is tough to repair, especially when that athlete needs use of that joint to do his job at a high level.

The only way I can see this being a 3 week injury is if this is a dislocation or subluxation of the elbow joint.