• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Two Issues/Complaints

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
1) What's with keeping the starters in when the games are decided - either in victory (last night) or defeat (last week)? And, why were we throwing the ball on 1st down midway through the 4th quarter with a 30+ point lead? Have we not had enough injuries? Know when it's time to get out of Dodge!

2) AB celebration personal fouls. No big deal last night, but does he have the presence of mind to not do it when the Steelers take a 1 point lead with 2:00 left and the opponent having 3 TOs?

Also, if a TD was to be nullified by a penalty, could AB still get a personal foul for celebration and would it be in addition to the other penalty? I'm thinking it could and would.

Did Coach hijack your profile and start this thread???

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
If we go for two and don't make it, the lead is 14 pts and KC can tie without being forced to go for 2. By kicking, you force them to go for 2 or score 3 times....
Ark = Genius
The problem is his celebration was funny ... It was not warrant of a penalty -- That was the most shown clip all morning on the Sports shows .... The refs need to get a life ..

Exactly. So what someone celebrates - he did it on his own. The rule is stupid.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Oh, my complaint...

Coach hasn't started 26 threads today.

Well his theory about Bell and Williams didn't hold water soooooo you know he can't say I was wrong

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Hmmm Reid didn't pull Alex Smith and his starters in a blowout. Such a Dumbass

I thought Tomlin was dumb for leaving the starters in last week and I think the same thing about Reid this week.

Not sure if this was discussed yet or not but why didn't we go for 2 after the 2nd TD? We had a successful conversion after the first one and there was a penalty on the XP after the 2nd TD that would've put the ball at the 1. What is the purpose of going for 2 at the 2 yard line and not going for it when the ball would be at the 1?

It was tempting, but at that point, 15-0 was a better move than risking a failed attempt.

I have a problem with AB returning punts. Stupid move.

Zero issues with this. AB is the only threat we have on special teams and I want him making plays. In a blowout situation, he's probably the only guy I trust to make a fair catch.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I thought Tomlin was dumb for leaving the starters in last week and I think the same thing about Reid this week.

It was tempting, but at that point, 15-0 was a better move than risking a failed attempt.

Zero issues with this. AB is the only threat we have on special teams and I want him making plays. In a blowout situation, he's probably the only guy I trust to make a fair catch.

That's OK to think it's dumb but you also have the acknowledge the points Lab mentioned about the message it sends especially in light that another Coach did the same thing.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
That's OK to think it's dumb but you also have the acknowledge the points Lab mentioned about the message it sends especially in light that another Coach did the same thing.

I get it, but if the players on the team don't understand some guys have more value than others...