• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Talk about losing a locker room. Vikes DBs ditch Zimmer's plan

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
wow that is some bullshit... not even sure what you do about that as a coach

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
wow that is some bullshit... not even sure what you do about that as a coach

Go home and start freshening up your resume. That's really about all you can do. Because the media isn't going to let this go without painting it as a total failure of command on his part.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
And that D was scary good at times early.

Shows not how you start but how you finish.

So in that aspect Steelers D have improved and rats is showing a little leakage.

Hopefully tomorrow it stays just like this.

I am pumped and can't wait for the game !

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
They ride the bench the last game. Well deal with next season. He (supposedly) is a solid coach. They had to deal with all kinds of injuries this season and their def was suppose to be there difference maker. Time and time again they failed to deliver, exposing the lack of talent on offense.

If that ever happend here, time to go for the player.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Zimmer allowed it to happen. It's on him. He knew what was happening and allowed it to go on until halftime.

The Vikes defense crumbled when their safety Harrison Smith got injured a few weeks ago.

This sounds to me like a team where Zimmer allows his players to have input in the schemes. Lots of coaches do that. They have a player step up and ask for a certain assignment so they let him run with it because coaches generally like that kind of initiative. If Zimmer wasn't at least somewhat OK with it, then he would have nipped that in the bud after about the 3rd time it happened.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Vikings had a funny season. When they traded a first and more for Bradford I thought it was a top ten stupid front office blunder. Then they started winning big and I thought who oooooooochaaaa, guess that was a wrong call. Turned out I was right. They are screwed for five years from that deal.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score

Supersteeler

Reaction score
I find it hilarious that the DB's ignored the game plan and went rogue because they are so much smarter than the coach and such great athletes that they don''t need him. Then Nelson promptly goes wild on them and has a career day. Lol, nice job fellas...you look like bunch of idiots.

obxsteeler

Reaction score
All you who liked Rhodes so much may want to reconsider. Or he may be available.

nooneuno

Forefather
Reaction score
All you who liked Rhodes so much may want to reconsider. Or he may be available.

I wanted him, still take him in a heart beat. When he got back on Nelson he shut him down, too late but still shut him down. Sounds like the old DB's like Newman thought they could cover him. If a vet comes up to you and says hey leave the guy to me I can cover him what can you really do? No excuse at the end of the day they're stupid and got shown up for it but as a player Rhodes is a stud. That kind of crap wouldn't fly here