• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers' Latest WR Trade Target Emerges After Drama Brews For The Denver Broncos

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
It seems as if the Pittsburgh Steelers are involved in discussions within the media regarding the wide receiver position almost daily as anticipation builds for the 2024 NFL Draft. With all due respect to the pass-catchers on the roster, George Pickens is the only wideout that can be counted on to perform at a high level once the new season kicks off. General Manager Omar Khan is, without a doubt, going to add to the position soon. The main questions surrounding that are if it will be a trade acquisition or draft pick joining the team first.

READ MORE

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Courtland Sutton...I wonder what the price would be?

28 years old but pretty productive without a lot of targets. 3rd rounder maybe?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
the second 3rd rnd or 4th rnd pick, I know I'm cheapskate, BUT also know we have a lot of needs.

Salute the nation

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
the second 3rd rnd or 4th rnd pick, I know I'm cheapskate, BUT also know we have a lot of needs.

Salute the nation
I agree on being cheap, draft picks are how you build a team, you need the cheap labor for 4 years to a large degree. Adding too much FA is a path to ruin. And much of our FA signed are fail to boot. Need to really pick and choose wisely.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Not sure about bringing on Sutton. Did he have a good relationship with Wilson? Didn't seem like Wilson was well liked in Denver so i would probably avoid bringing ex teammates here

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Not sure about bringing on Sutton. Did he have a good relationship with Wilson? Didn't seem like Wilson was well liked in Denver so i would probably avoid bringing ex teammates here
Sutton put up solid #s with Russ (10 TDs, career high and 700+ yards) and I'm sure they would check into his feelings on Russ.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
It seems as if the Pittsburgh Steelers are involved in discussions within the media regarding the wide receiver position almost daily as anticipation builds for the 2024 NFL Draft. With all due respect to the pass-catchers on the roster, George Pickens is the only wideout that can be counted on to perform at a high level once the new season kicks off. General Manager Omar Khan is, without a doubt, going to add to the position soon. The main questions surrounding that are if it will be a trade acquisition or draft pick joining the team first.

READ MORE
Simply more stupid hypothetical clickbait. Thanks. I miss the old days of real info.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
Sutton cheaper and more logical choice than go in big for Aiuk and than pay Aiyuk 16-20 mill avg

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Sutton cheaper and more logical choice than go in big for Aiuk and than pay Aiyuk 16-20 mill avg
I totally agree, I don't know why all the dancing going on with Aiyuk. Too much $, too much draft capital.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Why I still don't get the Russ Wilson thing. I get it he was super cheap. Most of his ex- Seahawks teamates don't have great things to say. He tried to get coach fired( crossing my fingers that is hus best ability). It was a disaster with Broncos teamates. Wtf do people think is gonna happen in Pittsburgh.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Why I still don't get the Russ Wilson thing. I get it he was super cheap. Most of his ex- Seahawks teamates don't have great things to say. He tried to get coach fired( crossing my fingers that is hus best ability). It was a disaster with Broncos teamates. Wtf do people think is gonna happen in Pittsburgh.

I don’t have the answers either, but guessing they think a different venue & Solid OC scheme, will make a big difference.

Tomlin won’t have to coach up Russ so an easy safety blanket similar to Ben.

Some talk of Justin Fields being the starter, but I think at best it would be 1/2 way into season before that would even be considered……… unless injury or the Russ falls off a lot.

P-R-I-C-E is the #1 motivation for him being here, after that, bridge QB and mentor to Fields.
Big gamble that Fields can be the QB, but I too can see that as a possibility of him settling down and getting to the business end of the QB position.

Salute the nation

xjx

Reaction score
Both are one year rentals. If one stands out and proves to be worth a contract they will get it. Much needs to be proven.

Stewey

Reaction score
Not complaining because it makes for entertaining discussion, but it's funny about many of these articles, they're either about:

Who we might get, or who we could get, or who we should get, or who we missed out on, or who's deal fell through, or "never mind" we're going a different route.

Rarely anything affirmative.
I come here every day hoping to read about some blockbuster deal!