• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Could Be Desperate Enough To Bring Back Cam Sutton Amidst His Legal Troubles: “They Would Accept Him Back”

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
Former Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback, Cam Sutton is facing a challenging situation following his entanglement with the law. Sutton has been charged with a misdemeanor count of domestic battery, leading to his release from the Detroit Lions, merely a year after signing a lucrative three-year, $33 million deal with the team.

READ MORE

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if they would take him back. I guess it would depend on the circumstances surrounding his misdemeanor.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I’d think that by the time the season, or train ing camp starts, the outcome of sentencing would be known. I think the STEELERS will have a silent agreement in place, until his case is decided.

I do know that under the circumstances, he would be a very c heap option for a CAP strapped team.
Sounds like he might take near any deal to get back here.

Salute the nation

diver

Reaction score
I know nothing about law, but I would think dropping it from a felony to a misdemeanor, AFTER he was evading police for a few weeks may be telling? Maybe there isn't that much there?

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I think there is less than a one percent chance of them bringing him back. Two years ago I would have said there was zero percent chance. Omar does things a bit different though.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Are they still in business? I thought they wen't off air after Tube Steak Toobin got caught working himsel during a zoom call.
Come on man.. You know the deal....Keep the topic on football in this forum. We have a political forum if you want to talk politics.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Come on man.. You know the deal....Keep the topic on football in this forum. We have a political forum if you want to talk politics.

Be careful, or you will get put on ignore………………

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think there is less than a one percent chance of them bringing him back. Two years ago I would have said there was zero percent chance. Omar does things a bit different though.

I think the percentage is higher, but then until the charges have progressed enough, we will never know. He definitely had a hand in making that Detroit defense much better, we could use his services here (pending on the charges and the severity of them).

Salute the nation

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
I know nothing about law, but I would think dropping it from a felony to a misdemeanor, AFTER he was evading police for a few weeks may be telling? Maybe there isn't that much there?
I was surprised to see it drop to a misdemeanor, after all the hoopla of him being on the lamb. But legal concerns aside, I read that he played subpar football last year and was burnt often. Can anyone substantiate on Sutton's play last year? Detroit's CBs were deemed a weak spot.

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/lions-2023-review-cornerbacks

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I was surprised to see it drop to a misdemeanor, after all the hoopla of him being on the lamb. But legal concerns aside, I read that he played subpar football last year and was burnt often. Can anyone substantiate on Sutton's play last year? Detroit's CBs were deemed a weak spot.

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/lions-2023-review-cornerbacks
that would explain the quick release without waiting for the situation to develop, an easy exit from an albatross contract

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Vet Minimum? We know what he looks like in the black and gold

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Vet Minimum? We know what he looks like in the black and gold
He was only decent his last year in Pgh, and even then, he wasn't "all that." He showed some flashes. I guess in 2023 he was flimsy in Det.

KentuckySteeler

Reaction score
He brought up CNN, not me. Put me on ignore since I am putting you on ignore. I

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
would it really be desperate ?

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Meh Cam Sutton was ok, but he is definitely better inside than outside... he wanted that outside money... he can play there in a pinch but he shouldn't be there all the time

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Meh Cam Sutton was ok, but he is definitely better inside than outside... he wanted that outside money... he can play there in a pinch but he shouldn't be there all the time
It seems he took the classic "Up arrow, big contract, down arrow" path. He had a decent 2022 in Pgh (3 ints), got his big new deal in Det., and then slipped back to "average" at best. I wouldn't expect a pro bowl level 2024 from him, in my humble opinion. But he could help our leaky secondary, who knows, but he ain't no savior, that's for sure.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
If you look at precedent on this type of thing what five games. If they sit down with the guy and find out what kind of changes he is making......I would not say no. Long as its an easy out contract. Can tell you for sure if he isn't a locker room problem if not Pgh somewhere else. I think Detroit had no choice because he was not turning himself in.