• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steeler game on Christmas day

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
I heard somewhere the steelers will be the first team to play on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day in the same season.

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
I heard somewhere the steelers will be the first team to play on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day in the same season.

cue the incessant bitching from ravens and bengals fans about how the league just looOOooOoves the steelers, in 3......2......1.......

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
cue the incessant bitching from ravens and bengals fans about how the league just looOOooOoves the steelers, in 3......2......1.......

I Remeber the ratbirds complaining of playing the STEELERS in prime time games. Anyone Remeber that???

Salute the nation

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I Remeber the ratbirds complaining of playing the STEELERS in prime time games. Anyone Remeber that???

Salute the nation
Yes I remember that, it was Harbaugh I think

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
Living here in the Patapsco River Drainage Basin we get the local broadcast twice a year.
You just have to put up with the local announcers, slightly Ratbirds favored.
Hopefully the "Battle for the AFCN" goes the Steelers way!
How do the Ravens have a local TV broadcast? Steelers don't have one. Nobody does as far as I know. It's all CBS ESPN NBC and FOX

Sent from my Pixel using Steeler Nation mobile app

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I don't exactly feel bad for them since they get paid a lot of money to do their job, but the Steelers did get kinda screwed this year playing on Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
How do the Ravens have a local TV broadcast? Steelers don't have one. Nobody does as far as I know. It's all CBS ESPN NBC and FOX

The game will be shown on TV if you're in Pittsburgh.

I don't exactly feel bad for them since they get paid a lot of money to do their job, but the Steelers did get kinda screwed this year playing on Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.

It does suck for them, but I'm personally glad the game is on Christmas Day rather than Christmas Eve due to my family celebration--not that I would be missing the game either way.

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
The game will be shown on TV if you're in Pittsburgh.

It does suck for them, but I'm personally glad the game is on Christmas Day rather than Christmas Eve due to my family celebration--not that I would be missing the game either way.
I know we will. I'll be at the game. I'm talking about the poster who said they get the local broadcast of the game and have to put up with ravens announcers. Ravens announcers don't do TV. NFL TV is only national announcers.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

KDKA is a local Pittsburgh broadcast that always shows the game sin Pittsburgh.

As far as the announcers I thought that went with whatever company it is affiliated with CBS etc.

Never heard of it being any different for any team..

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score

As far as the announcers I thought that went with whatever company it is affiliated with CBS etc.

I know that. I was trying to explain that to the poster that said he gets the Ravens TV broadcast for the game. I'm trying to tell him there is no such thing.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score

The game tomorrow will not be on KDKA.

It'll be on WPXI but it will be the NFL Network broadcast.

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
I know that. I was trying to explain that to the poster that said he gets the Ravens TV broadcast for the game. I'm trying to tell him there is no such thing...

You would be wrong.

NFL TV rules say every team's road games - and the home games that are sold out 72 hours before kickoff - are to be available on over-the-air TV in the team's market.

So just like the game will be on shown on WPXI in Pgh, it'll be on a local Baltimore station also.

Last edited:

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
You would be wrong.

NFL TV rules say every team's road games - and the home games that are sold out 72 hours before kickoff - are to be available on over-the-air TV in the team's market.

So just like the game will be on shown on WPXI in Pgh, it'll be on a local Baltimore station.
I Know that! The dude above said that it was a Ravens broadcast as in ravens announcers. In the NFL there is no such thing. It's all produced by CBS or FOX or NBC and ran through your local station.

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
My mistake. I thought you were disputing whether the game would be aired on a channel other than cable.

And you're right, no locally produced telecasts (like you'd get in preseason).

BTW: Because I've had the Sunday Ticket for years, I've had NFL Network since it started. But I didn't realize that a lot of cable subscribers don't get it. Apparently it's packaged as part of a higher "tier" of channels that costs extra.

That's a joke. The NFL makes enough money - and the channel is laden with commercials - so it should be a basic channel like ESPN.

Last edited: