• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So let's talk some football....

TazManianDevil

Forefather
Reaction score
Look yesterday sucked. We should've won that game no doubt, without that blocked punted Steelers would've walked out of there with a win even though the offense didn't show up till 3.5 qtrs into the game.

I was actually shocked they even had a chance at the end...if Coates catches that 27 yrd TD pass the Rats would've been in a panic mode. BEN AND the offense realized how good they are and passed for over 200 in a single qtr...

Now I know the game is still fresh and it's hard to think positive...especially since Tomlin is, unfortunately, still our coach....but what has me feeling rather optimistic was the play of the defense.

They had a lot of great plays. They had interceptions, sacks, tackles for losses, shazier almost intercepted a screen the other way. They played an awesome game in BAL. With Heyward back and the corners playing decent all a sudden the defense is playing real good football.

Hopefully we'll know the extend of pouncy's injury and we get him back. This was not a must win game for us. The Rats might be flying high but in reality they're 4-4 just like us and they have a much tougher schedule than we do...and for all their excitement I think they forgot their once only scored 13 points and only had like 2 yds in the 4th qtr. that team isn't going anywhere, and I fully expect the Steelers to beat them handily come Christmas time.

We all know Ben wasn't Ben...we saw the real Ben towards the end where he was throwing missiles...Eli Rodgers finally emerged and we saw what everyone was talking about in camp. Coates isn't 100% either...he'll get healthier as we move forward.

I fully expect the Steelers re-gathering and I fully expect the Steelers make a huge 2nd half push.

This division is still ours, we have the easiest schedule remaining of all the AFC North teams.

Look I understand losing to this **** birds suck...but...I think this team has a lot of talent and leadership (not Tomlin but veteran leaders on both sides) that will get them in gear.

You'll see a different Steeler team against them cockboys.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Look yesterday sucked. We should've won that game no doubt, without that blocked punted Steelers would've walked out of there with a win even though the offense didn't show up till 3.5 qtrs into the game.

I was actually shocked they even had a chance at the end...if Coates catches that 27 yrd TD pass the Rats would've been in a panic mode. BEN AND the offense realized how good they are and passed for over 200 in a single qtr...

Now I know the game is still fresh and it's hard to think positive...especially since Tomlin is, unfortunately, still our coach....but what has me feeling rather optimistic was the play of the defense.

They had a lot of great plays. They had interceptions, sacks, tackles for losses, shazier almost intercepted a screen the other way. They played an awesome game in BAL. With Heyward back and the corners playing decent all a sudden the defense is playing real good football.

Hopefully we'll know the extend of pouncy's injury and we get him back. This was not a must win game for us. The Rats might be flying high but in reality they're 4-4 just like us and they have a much tougher schedule than we do...and for all their excitement I think they forgot their once only scored 13 points and only had like 2 yds in the 4th qtr. that team isn't going anywhere, and I fully expect the Steelers to beat them handily come Christmas time.

We all know Ben wasn't Ben...we saw the real Ben towards the end where he was throwing missiles...Eli Rodgers finally emerged and we saw what everyone was talking about in camp. Coates isn't 100% either...he'll get healthier as we move forward.

I fully expect the Steelers re-gathering and I fully expect the Steelers make a huge 2nd half push.

This division is still ours, we have the easiest schedule remaining of all the AFC North teams.

Look I understand losing to this **** birds suck...but...I think this team has a lot of talent and leadership (not Tomlin but veteran leaders on both sides) that will get them in gear.

will we?

I wouldn't put cash on it

mdk2

Reaction score

Of course we'll see a better offensive game, Ben will be playing Pittsburgh again. We'll see if the defense can stop the run though.

Steelerfan

Reaction score
Life is a lot less stressful if, like me, you accept that this is a .500 team and lower your expectations. (The reasons for this and remedies are discussed in other threads) If they go over .500 its a pleasant surprise. There is always next year, and the rookies will have some experience under their belt by then.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Life is a lot less stressful if, like me, you accept that this is a .500 team and lower your expectations. (The reasons for this and remedies are discussed in other threads) If they go over .500 its a pleasant surprise. There is always next year, and the rookies will have some experience under their belt by then.
and more of the same trend

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Of course we'll see a better offensive game, Ben will be playing Pittsburgh again. We'll see if the defense can stop the run though.

Not thinking the run D is a problem, as really that was a Heyward not playing problem IMO. More of can a pass D hold up and even more so can a ****** pass rush improve against a solid O-line. (Boys have a solid O-line)

Last edited:

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
After this game I'm resolved that this isn't a lowB repuS team. I just don't see the mindset. The team still hasn't had an identity in years. They're no longer smash mouth, on any given Sunday anyone can rush 100 yards on them, the offense more often than not resembles a Chinese fire drill. Who are they? I know what they used to be: That mojo is gone

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I say we beat the Cowboys and then save the Browns from going winless the next week.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I say we beat the Cowboys and then save the Browns from going winless the next week.

really not sure how this team can regroup and beat a Cowboys team that could be headed deep into the playoffs with two rookie of the year candidates.

Being at home might help keep the point differential down.

But this team hasn't looked this bad in awhile............

TazManianDevil

Forefather
Reaction score
honestly smash mouth football is a thing of the past. in Today's NFL you to need to throw and score points. Rats, offensively, didn't do anything special besides that 95 yard er to Wallace which shouldn't have happen (thanks Mitchell).

I still believe this team will win the division and earn a 1st round bye. I know it doesn't feel like it now...but from my perspective...I think the defense is coming along, I'm not worried about the offense because they'll play much better than that.

Rats had no answer in the 4th qtr when Steelers adjusted, said **** establishing the run game and started to chuck it downfield.

Cowboys are going down next week. there's a win streak coming up and they'll lock this division up.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
honestly smash mouth football is a thing of the past. in Today's NFL you to need to throw and score points. Rats, offensively, didn't do anything special besides that 95 yard er to Wallace which shouldn't have happen (thanks Mitchell).

I still believe this team will win the division and earn a 1st round bye. I know it doesn't feel like it now...but from my perspective...I think the defense is coming along, I'm not worried about the offense because they'll play much better than that.

Rats had no answer in the 4th qtr when Steelers adjusted, said **** establishing the run game and started to chuck it downfield.

Cowboys are going down next week. there's a win streak coming up and they'll lock this division up.
lol

k

I mean it is nice to dream and if you dream dream big, but not what the dinner plate is showing or has been showing

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope so but other than Cleveland twice, I am not sure we can win the other games. Heck, I am not sure we can beat Cleveland twice. They will need to show up in all phases this week against a very good Dallas team or they will get blown out at home.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
They could beat Dallas, but lose to the Browns. That's the team in a nutshell. You don't know what team will come out of the tunnel. I have no doubt Dallas will be up to smack us in the mouth at Heinz to prove they are for real. We need to be ready or it will be a laugher.

TazManianDevil

Forefather
Reaction score
it's not about dreaming....I absolutely and without a single doubt know the Steelers will win this division.

they'll probably have to go to Foxborough..and with a healthy defense I ain't scared of that Pats team either.

I think this team will peak at the right time....get hot at the 2nd half of the season.

cheifs are 6-2...and Steelers *** raped them. Broncos with that offense don't scare me. That Pats game with a healthy Ben would've been different.

I have no doubt, yesterday was a setback..not a season ending game. no doubt here at all...if anything I was impressed with the defense...plenty of take downs behind the line of scrimmage against the rats, they couldn't run on us, take away their lucky (thanks to mitchell) 95 yard er and they didn't do ****.

like I said, no doubt here....they'll regroup.amd win this division.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
it's not about dreaming....I absolutely and without a single doubt know the Steelers will win this division.

they'll probably have to go to Foxborough..and with a healthy defense I ain't scared of that Pats team either.

I think this team will peak at the right time....get hot at the 2nd half of the season.

cheifs are 6-2...and Steelers *** raped them. Broncos with that offense don't scare me. That Pats game with a healthy Ben would've been different.

I have no doubt, yesterday was a setback..not a season ending game. no doubt here at all...if anything I was impressed with the defense...plenty of take downs behind the line of scrimmage against the rats, they couldn't run on us, take away their lucky (thanks to mitchell) 95 yard er and they didn't do ****.

like I said, no doubt here....they'll regroup.amd win this division.

Never seen them beat the Pats in the playoffs. I like your want to, I just question the main mans know how to.

TazManianDevil

Forefather
Reaction score
I think if the defense plays up to its pontential we can go into Foxborough and win.

they'll score points, so will we....but by then I think the secondary will be much better and we'll have a chance to take it....now weather they'll seize that moment and take the monkey off of their backs I don't know.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
lots of potential but too little to show for it

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score