• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So done

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
The NFL is NOTHING like I grew up with.

Tired of playing against the refs when we play.

I hate losing, being outcoached (Tomlin's legacy IMO), playing poorly, etc. But, the refs just suck. When we play the cheaters it's much worse,

You all enjoy this moldy diaper of a league. I'll hang around to enjoy the political stuff, and the Pens, but I'm a VERY casual, distant fan from now on.

Chicoman

Reaction score
Well the Steelers got their butts kicked but with that I'm blown away that the refs can watch a replay....clearly see Brady fumble before he's down. Hargrave comes up with the football....they review it and still give the ball to the *'s. Even Simms said it was clearly a fumble.

str8liner

Reaction score
I have been a casual fan for a long time. I remember tons of disappointment in the Cowher era too, but for some reason I was still excited to see the new season start. Not anymore. I just watch it and wait for the inevitable to happen. Honest to god it is always something with this team. Weed, Key injuries, poor decisions made by the players on and off the field, and if that doesn't kill us the mediocre coaching will damn sure kill us in the end.

This team has left us down so many times over the Tomlin era that I no longer look forward to winning, I just hope and pray that they somehow find away to win. And dont get my hopes up for anything anymore. Sad that 40+ years of watching Steelers football has come to this but it has.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score

I hate losing, being outcoached (Tomlin's legacy IMO), playing poorly, etc. But, the refs just suck. When we play the cheaters it's much worse,

You all enjoy this moldy diaper of a league. I'll hang around to enjoy the political stuff, and the Pens, but I'm a VERY casual, distant fan from now on.

It's not a legitimate sport anymore. I'm not sure when it turned,but it's just bs now. I've felt that way for 10+ years now. I'm certainly never getting emotionally involved again like this. The game I loved in the past is long gone. I'll watch the pens. Much more enjoyable than this bogus NFL product.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Refs were far from the reason for a loss today.

But yeah it did seem very tilted in NE's favor.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Always a Steelers fan. Always will support the black & gold. But I do understand the frustration with the nfl product.
So close yet so far. These losses hurt, but the Steelers are just a player or two away of being a top notch team. Being a Pens fan will be full of heartaches too guys

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Personal foul on Shazier was a bullshit call. Not sure what happened with the Brady fumble, but it's a very risky challenge there to try and overturn that call. Other than that, the Steelers just got out-schemed and outplayed.

I'm with you, though, DJ...it's getting harder to watch.

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score

cool. good for you.

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
It's not a legitimate sport anymore. I'm not sure when it turned,but it's just bs now. I've felt that way for 10+ years now. I'm certainly never getting emotionally involved again like this. The game I loved in the past is long gone. I'll watch the pens. Much more enjoyable than this bogus NFL product.

It's all about fantasy football now, most, not all but most of the players only care about money and stats and we have some on this team. the Rooneys seem to only care about political correctness, and making money, winning is a after thought.

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
It's all about fantasy football now, most, not all but most of the players only care about money and stats and we have some on this team. the Rooneys seem to only care about political correctness, and making money, winning is a after thought.

winning is an afterthought? so the rooneys are mike brown now?? sheesh!

guys, i'm disappointed, too, but it's probably best to just call it a night and get some rest, no sense in saying stupid **** out of anger after a disappointing loss like tonight.

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
winning is an afterthought? so the rooneys are mike brown now?? sheesh!

guys, i'm disappointed, too, but it's probably best to just call it a night and get some rest, no sense in saying stupid **** out of anger after a disappointing loss like tonight.

I agree with this. Logging off myself too. Good night guys. Bad performance but gotta represent our teams good and bad. The Steelers and Pens have their ups and downs. When you're emotionally invested. It stings a bit. But it's part of being a fan

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not saying we didn't play poorly, and the plays were predicatable, and there was no half-time adjustment again, etc., but the refs were sucky again, and it favored the cheaters again, and I'm done being on the south side of that again.

Pens can let me down. Lose like a man. Don't compete with the refs.

That and I love to hunt, and Mrs. Fan loves to fish with me.

mdk2

Reaction score

I would say the lack of good pass catchers was a pretty big factor, offensively speaking. Sammie Coats has bricks for hands, I'm sick of the finger excuse. If it's that big of a problem then sit his ***!

SteelerSask2

Reaction score

Agreed but pretty clearly the game became unhinged when the Steelers ended up with a field goal from the 2 foot line and when the fumble was not a fumble. It just got away from them after that.

Steel G

Reaction score
**** the SB, that's all I can say. Ain't watching that team of cheating shitheads again.

str8liner

Reaction score
Officially a Falcons fan for a few weeks. Be nice to see Ryan win one. The only team on earth I would not root for against the Pats is the Cowboys. If they had won and been in the Superbowl it would have been the first time I missed one in 40 years.

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't believe that pressuring Brady from start to finish wasn't their top game objective. That is the only way you beat them. Watching the Giants figure it out and execute it,twice, was bittersweet. I was elated to watch the Patriots suffer the ultimate defeat and I mourned that my only favorite team in my entire lifetime couldn't. Again, this sucks!

SteveA

Reaction score
I can't believe that pressuring Brady from start to finish wasn't their top game objective.

Their offensive line overpowered our D and our Offensive line was overpowered by their D....They pushed us around all over the field

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Their offensive line overpowered our D and our Offensive line was overpowered by their D....They pushed us around all over the field
Yeah when only rush 3 defenders, it's easy to over power that 5 on 3

mdk2

Reaction score
Yeah when only rush 3 defenders, it's easy to over power that 5 on 3

That and they had at least 5 on the line vs our OL on everyday down but 3rd down most of the time. I saw them using a lot of 5-2-4.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
And what the heck was the reasoning for putting Harrison on the other side? It happened a few times.